+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: What I wan't in SL

Default What I wan't in SL

1) For gods sake make PA account bound.

2) If you can't manage the no brainer of account bound PA, please make PA completely negligable for improving performance in raiding and PvP. More-so raiding than PvP. I want to be playing Storm Legion because I wan't to not because I have to.

3) Race Change of course!

4) Ditch the old currencies like inscribed sourcestones (I don't want to farm them in anticipation of ISS having a use in Storm Legion). If you won't ditch the currency you owe it to the community to tell us ahead of time your plans for them.

5) Create a Trion based Storm Legion E-peen site. Include world firsts, leaderboards, top pvpers, top parses, the whole 9 yards. This would increase competitiveness across the boards. The old riftlogs.net was great for the community and I feel Rift has long missed a website like that.

Personally I like the direction Trion is moving with (no 2 faction PvE lol) and normalization in PvP. A PvP stat has always been a mistake in MMO's. Anyways a few of my nitpicks I probably missed some. Keep the hype up for Storm Legion, give the community something to feed on every couple of weeks.

/discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Berzz View Post

2) If you can't manage the no brainer of account bound PA, please make PA completely negligable for improving performance in raiding and PvP. More-so raiding than PvP. I want to be playing Storm Legion because I wan't to not because I have to.

4) Ditch the old currencies like inscribed sourcestones (I don't want to farm them in anticipation of ISS having a use in Storm Legion). If you won't ditch the currency you owe it to the community to tell us ahead of time your plans for them.

5) Create a Trion based Storm Legion E-peen site. Include world firsts, leaderboards, top pvpers, top parses, the whole 9 yards. This would increase competitiveness across the boards. The old riftlogs.net was great for the community and I feel Rift has long missed a website like that.

Personally I like the direction Trion is moving with (no 2 faction PvE lol) and normalization in PvP. A PvP stat has always been a mistake in MMO's. Anyways a few of my nitpicks I probably missed some. Keep the hype up for Storm Legion, give the community something to feed on every couple of weeks.

/discuss
    Yes.

No.

No.

Don't care.

No.

In general you mostly have bad ideas and no one should ever listen to you.

Edit: Added one more no for accuracy.
    Last edited by Higure; 08-19-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Rift Disciple

/discuss
    1. I assume you mean Planar Attunement. I could go for it being account-wide. Why make yet another grind for alts?

2. I like having a post-max level path to advancement. I'm not chomping at the bit to see it nerfed.

3. Race changes aren't game changing to me, as I hardly ever use racials. I really have no preference here, as long as I'm not playing with a short *** dwarf character model. Outside of WoW and GW2, I have yet to see an MMO that successfully made the racial experience anything worth caring about. However, since WoW does it, I'll call it standard and wouldn't object to it if it didn't eat too many resources that could go to something more important.

4. Isn't the ditching of currency a status quo thing to do for an expansion? WoW is my only experience when it comes to expansion releases.

5. Why not have an official board? However what will happen to it when a non-offical source does it better and folks start ignoring the official board?

/discuss
    While i personally like the PA system i had concerns when they put it in that it would become some that raid guilds used as mandatory PA levels for applicants.
    While PA's atm are not that powerful yet as the system grows so does the benefit they give. At some point Trion will have to start balancing content around having so much PA points other wise maxed pa players will trivialize the new content. Its not close to that yet but one just has to picture what it could end up being years down the road.
    2..3 years from now guilds will be saying only apply if max level and XYZ pa level (they will have to if they want to down current content for that time).
    I been down that road before in EQ2 the PA system has a lot of similarities to the eq2 AA system. While no where close to as powerful as eq2 aa system the PA system over time will end up making a big difference.
    While not really a issue to those currently playing and keeping up with our PA levels one can only imagine how daunting it would be for a new player coming into the game 3 years from now.
    One could say that can end up being the case with just the level cap increases but its not really since generally level caps are reached via questing and aa or in our case PA is mainly done via grinding. At some point the PA grind will end up being much higher than the level grind (and less enjoyable) unless Trion gets a handle on it early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Higure View Post
    Yes.

No.

No.

Don't care.

No.

In general you mostly have bad ideas and no one should ever listen to you.

Edit: Added one more no for accuracy.
    I concur.

I'd also add my own bit to the list though....

Make levels 51-60 take huge amounts of exp to gain... with 2 new monster land masses I can feel like i'm really levelling again and not just blow up those 10 levels in a couple of hours

1) Euhm.... maybe. I am neither yay or nay for this.

2) Definitely a no from me there. I can see why the grind is tedius, but personally I love this leveling aspect and power up aspect even after leveling is done.

3) I'd like this. My eth tank is a doll but after I did a bit of warrioring on a bahmi I now know what a warrior is supposed to be xD

4) I am pretty sure there's going to be a new currency, there always is.

5) I am divided on this as well. I love me some e-peen, but what will it do to the community?

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

1) Yes, because PAs make playing alts relatively prohibitive.

2) No, because I'd rather see the PAs be account-wide or unchanged.

3) Don't care. With Faction becoming irrelevant, race becomes even less of a factor.

4) Current currencies are going to be irrelevant come SL anyhow, unless you mean to ditch the currency system altogether, in which case that's a resounding NO.

5) There's enough brag and swagger posted on the official forums as is. I couldn't care less if Trion made online leaderboards so long as it doesn't cut into more important dev time. Shunt it off onto some interns or PR guys or something.

Addendum: It's want, not wan't. You're thinking of won't, as in "I won't be taken seriously with my pre-Kindergarden understanding of basic English."

Champion of Telara

No, you get the benefit on the toon you play. Thats the fair way to do it.
    No, If they did this the whole system would be pointless. they may as well remove it if they did this. Also, Its not necessary for raiding anywhere in game atm - every boss is killable by a raid with 0 PA.
    Yes!!!! Im so sick of being a Bahmi
    You get them all the time - if you dont need them now they will be stacking up anyway - I have about 1k now because i dont need anything for them at present.
    Unless they release the pack at the same time in all regions its pointless.
    The mistake was making PvP and PvE require differing stats - PvE damage is far too high for PvP without Valor. They should have balanced around equal damage for both but its too late now. Normalisation is however, not the way to fix Rifts PvP problems. A graded bolstering system based on average warfront ranks would do the job far better and keep progression in PvP.

/discuss
    1) For gods sake don't make the game even easier for the cry babies who want everything in one go!

2) NO. Even though you think it is neccesary for raiding to max it, it is NOT.

3) NO. You choose your char, now stick with it. Yet another request to make everything easier, simpler, less consequenses bah

4) NO again. Why ditch all the old stuff whn you can simply add something new like they have done so far anyway?

5) Don't care for this one myself, but can understand some people like to show what they have accomplished.

Rift Chaser

Hmm.....Planar Attunment does make a big difference to end game performance, little steps for each option I agree BUT the total does add up and can be significant.

This may create a barrier to entry for new players entering the Storm expansion, unless for example we swiftly gain planar levels from 50 to say 60. And a major expansion is usually designed to wipe the board with all gear making it far easier for new plays to join

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    No, If they did this the whole system would be pointless. they may as well remove it if they did this. Also, Its not necessary for raiding anywhere in game atm - every boss is killable by a raid with 0 PA.
    This is incorrect. Maklamos Hard Mode pretty much requires max dps PA to get close to enrage.
    2/4 FT -- 1/5 EE

How about:

Glowy eyes option?

A fashion only cash shop, called: The fluffy, fun, happy time, rift store?

A PA slider, eq2 AA style.

Tame pet for rangers, where you can tame diffrent pets in the world.

A in game bio form to fill out.

Customisable underwear option anywhere from baggy grandma drawers to string bikini in your choice of colors complete with optional sandels or flip flops.

Change eth dance to the macarana.

Flight wings for your charcters that only fly in the sense of eq1 flying, that is gos vareing short distance off the ground based on terrain, real for guards, icarus style for defy.

Marry a npcs.

Hardcore combat music.

Combat monk soul.

Luxury apartment deminsions. Perhaps castles or mansions too. Go wild.
    Last edited by Questoften; 08-20-2012 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    Garbage
    Please stop typing. I wanted to say something else, but I'm sure that would fall under infraction territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    Please stop typing. I wanted to say something else, but I'm sure that would fall under infraction territory.

I'm in a silly mood, lighten up. I know they are not going to put much or any of this in game except maybe the PA slider which makes sense.
    Last edited by Questoften; 08-20-2012 at 04:58 AM.

Rift Disciple

These are some things I would like to see:

1. Additional tabs purchasable for personal bank, maybe 1 shared tab for your characters on a shard.

2. Option to exchange old raid armor pieces for different set. So when you go from t2 dps set to t3 dps set. You could exchange the t2 set for a tank set.

3. End of requirement for resist sigils. Just hate farming for them.

4. More PA tiers.

5. Token system for weapons drops in raids. Possibly for necks/rings to. So any class could exchange the token for a usable item, instead of raids seeing same drops every week.

6. Merchant at end of 5 man dungeon selling items from that dungeon for marks. Requires achievement of killing all bosses in dungeon to buy.

7. Better version of conquest, smaller area, 3 team battle royale, team with most kills at end of kill countdown wins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast