+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Generic_Hero
  • 1 Post By EnochianCub

Thread: Surnames

Default Surnames

Howdy!

I realize this has likely been brought up before, but it seems like the expansion is a good time to slip in the ability to add surnames. Ideally it wouldn't take up too much dev time, and it would be a nice boost for roleplayers or folks like me who just happen to have a character name that they like to use in its entirety.

By Surnames, wouldn't that fall under the category of a Suffix?
    http://www.twitch.tv/deathparagon
    Streaming PvP and Raids
    REX Giveaways Saturdays at 12pm PST

It could fall under that category, and I'd be ok with your custom surname taking the place of a suffix title. Though I would like to be "Sir Bob Smith the Lion," for example, I could see the names getting a bit too long for comfort.

Because "Death's Mistress Amiilee The Hair Brained" is short LULz!

I had a set of surnames for my characters in games which allowed it as well and miss using them.

In eq2 you get a last name and a suffix title as well as a prefix and it has caused no problem. How long or short is up to you the player. Eq2 has the right of it.

It'd be nice for Trion to implement it, as a great many other games have it.

Til then the Merisioux addon allows for Titles, Surnames and so forth to be tacked on to your toon. The drawback being that only players also using the add on can see it. On Faeblight at least, there are a great many people who use it as well. Not sure about the other servers.
    Beahrkub Cleric | Tanreal Rogue | Lauriel Mage | Khetra Warrior | Bearkub Rogue | Bjornn Mage
    <TheSpectrum Order> Faeblight LGBT
    | Rognar Warrior | Bjormir Rogue Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by EnochianCub View Post
    It'd be nice for Trion to implement it, as a great many other games have it.

Til then the Merisioux addon allows for Titles, Surnames and so forth to be tacked on to your toon. The drawback being that only players also using the add on can see it. On Faeblight at least, there are a great many people who use it as well. Not sure about the other servers.
    Ty for this link

I'm also standing behind this sentiment. Would love me some surnames :3 What with housing and getting that feel to it, surnames makes a lot of sense to add.

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    Ty for this link

I'm also standing behind this sentiment. Would love me some surnames :3 What with housing and getting that feel to it, surnames makes a lot of sense to add.
    It's a really fantastic addon, hence my willingness to plug it shamelessly every chance I get!

That said, it'd be nice if the addon wasn't needed because Trion implemented these features in the character screen.
    Beahrkub Cleric | Tanreal Rogue | Lauriel Mage | Khetra Warrior | Bearkub Rogue | Bjornn Mage
    <TheSpectrum Order> Faeblight LGBT
    | Rognar Warrior | Bjormir Rogue Deepwood

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Efaicia View Post
    Because "Death's Mistress Amiilee The Hair Brained" is short LULz!

I had a set of surnames for my characters in games which allowed it as well and miss using them.
    This. But either way, you can call me sir anytime ya like!! HAH, see what I did there? oh man, I should stop, might give someone a heart attack one of these days.

Aye, definitely something I miss from Eq2, being able to add the custom last name in.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+1

Would adore this
    Defiant Faeblight *Nikaj* | Most | Roy | Xonia | Tolion
    Guardian Faeblight Alexandriel | Cask | Gwenien | Wyvern
    Defiant Vigil *Nikaj* | Dance | Isabela | Fenris

+ Reply to Thread