+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tro44

Thread: Why not allow "harvesting" of dead critters w/o needing to loot them?

Default Why not allow "harvesting" of dead critters w/o needing to loot them?

I run around w/loads of crafting materials and consumables on a regular basis, so it's a real pain to have to play the space management game. Many times, I don't want the bloody loot from my dead enemy; I just want to butcher (or mine) it for resources.

Worse is when I DO want, say, the Tenderloin (a crafting material), but not the Wolf Tooth. I'm still forced to take both before I can skin the wolf for it's hide. Why can't I even have the open of destroying the loot w/o placing it in my inventory first?

It's a niggling annoyance that only affects crafters w/o tons of space, but yeah.

i agree. this is a old feature that need to be let go.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Ascendant

requiring you to loot protects your kill until you are able to loot and skin it yourself. Otherwise someone could follow you around and skin all your kills because they no longer need to wait for you, the killer, to loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    requiring you to loot protects your kill until you are able to loot and skin it yourself. Otherwise someone could follow you around and skin all your kills because they no longer need to wait for you, the killer, to loot.
    easy,
    use a tag system. I kill it, I get first dibs on the skin, for 30 seconds after kill. if I dont skin by then, another player can skin it.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Ascendant

Sure, yep. With that system in place it would be ok. If you're running around doing an AOE skinning grind a tag and skin system would work. If you haven't skinned in 30, or if you've moved on, it's unlikely you would be skinning them.

Only once have I seen someone run down a field, kill everything (in order to be sure he got everything) and then come back and skin. ... and that was only because I'm sure they didn't want to loose any kills to me. I had to laugh though - respawn is such a non-issue sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread