+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Wylt
  • 1 Post By Maeloda
  • 1 Post By Denerka

Thread: Private Test Dummies

Default Private Test Dummies

WTB test dummies we can place in our dimensions (obviously in SL)... thanks :P

Ascendant

Agreed, and here's to hoping that rogues can finally solo parse without the need of another rogue providing fervor for them. :P
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

I wanna be able to parse in private without people running up to watch/hound me. I can't go test new macros, builds & rotations without being hassled (partly my fault, for writing guides). It would also allow me to give private lessons to people I'm helping (which is quite often).

I can't wait for Dimensions. Really hope we get stuff like this to add to them.

Ascendant

Do Want. Must Have.

Yes please.

And a bank vault (not a new bank, just access to existing bank).

And even if it doesn't come in 2.0, I want servants for very high plat cost (barber, vendor, random non-function NPCs like gardeners and maids)

I feel like we're all going to be Harry Potter wizards, with homes in 'magical slivers' overlapping existing areas of the world, lol.

Privacy is nice. Not being disturbed by guildies or any one else while working on specs/macros.

I would like a telephone that rings with caller ID in case someone does need to get a hold of me.

My own private porticulum too.

Great suggestion. Would love to see this implemented. I can't tell you how many times I have to wait for someone else to finish because they have some stupid rune on that messes up my own parse. Something that is private or even just for your guild would be a huge help.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Souldancer View Post
    Great suggestion. Would love to see this implemented. I can't tell you how many times I have to wait for someone else to finish because they have some stupid rune on that messes up my own parse. Something that is private or even just for your guild would be a huge help.
    This, and of course the random person throwing around debuffs to mess with you or the random person running up parsing on the same dummy and applying debuffs that skew your readings.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

How about:

A test dummy item place-able in your sliver (or a few that you could cluster up to truly parse AoE with max targets), and the ability to enter a console on each to select/deselect raid debuffs (enraged companion, coda of jeopardy, clinging spirits, etc).

Also, a buff-generator aura machine, that would allow you to select/deselect raid buffs (fervor, stat buffs, etc)

...you'd also not have to worry as much about lag affecting your parses, since the dummy wouldn't be in the most populated part of the world
    Last edited by Thargrom; 08-17-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Great idea, love to see that also along with crafting storage boxes

This would be awesome along with a personal class trainer, also make it so you can leave combat with a click of a button so it makes for quicker changes.

I sort of wish the dummies had HP pools that died. Maybe it was coming from EQ2 but, I found it almost useless to DPS something that doesn't die. Unless you watch your parser and stop everytime you hit X amount of damage that is not a good efficient way to test DPS. DPS is best tested against something with a respectable HP pool. I do see the use of infinite HP dummies though.

Since I say Eq2 nailed this idea good, they only allowed dummies in guild halls

a. single target solo mob par dummies
    b. single target heroic dummies
    c. group of 8 heroic dummies (Rift would probably use 10/11, but, this was only a 'group' because EQ2 had encounter only ae spells, so I suppose this effect might show some redundancy in rift, as linked encounters don't exist)
    d. epic/raid dummy

Honestly I would say steal that list, get rid of C and replace it with infinite HP dummies like we use now in our city courtyards.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Private test dummies. Multiple so I can have my own ST and AOE test fields.
    Auctioneers.
    Banks.
    Mailboxs.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by aabuster1 View Post
    Private test dummies. Multiple so I can have my own ST and AOE test fields.
    Auctioneers.
    Banks.
    Mailboxs.
    Mailboxes, test dummies, and a Storage Chest or something of the sort, I agree. I would prefer to keep Auctioneers, Class Trainers, Profession Trainers, etc in the cities so they're not completely empty.

Blizzard actually just created test dummies that give the major raid buffs and debuffs on their MoP testing server so players could give accurate parsing feedback.

I think this would be a great thing, at the very least on SL test servers to help with balance before it hits live.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread