+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Flatulentia Nervosa
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz

Thread: PLEASE make ALL mounts scale to the speed of your highest mount

Rift Chaser Flatulentia Nervosa's Avatar

Default PLEASE make ALL mounts scale to the speed of your highest mount

I know this suggestion has probably been made 1000 times, but it's still not implemented, so thought I'd add a +1 since I don't see a current thread on it.

There's no reason to have ugly turtles and weird event mounts scale to my highest mount's speed and NOT have the plain horses, mechanical horses or other lower level mounts also scale. No one could gain any advantage out of using the other skins at top speed, since they still had to buy a top speed mount.

I'd REALLY love to ride my old (then level 40) 90% speed Defiant mechanical horse, but it's hard to give up +20% speed in warfronts/IAs just to enjoy one of the few good mount models in the game. I'd also love to ride a regular old horse without weird unicorn armor and not have to give up a whopping +50% speed when I can still ride a starter butt ugly 2 headed tortoise at full speed. There's no rhyme or reason to the old restrictions on these mounts.

FREE our mounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Flatulentia Nervosa View Post
    I know this suggestion has probably been made 1000 times, but it's still not implemented, so thought I'd add a +1 since I don't see a current thread on it.

There's no reason to have ugly turtles and weird event mounts scale to my highest mount's speed and NOT have the plain horses, mechanical horses or other lower level mounts also scale. No one could gain any advantage out of using the other skins at top speed, since they still had to buy a top speed mount.

I'd REALLY love to ride my old (then level 40) 90% speed Defiant mechanical horse, but it's hard to give up +20% speed in warfronts/IAs just to enjoy one of the few good mount models in the game. I'd also love to ride a regular old horse without weird unicorn armor and not have to give up a whopping +50% speed when I can still ride a starter butt ugly 2 headed tortoise at full speed. There's no rhyme or reason to the old restrictions on these mounts.

FREE our mounts!
    If you scale all mounts to the speed of your fastest mount... then how will you get a faster mount if they all scale? There has to be ones that dont scale...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinmans View Post
    If you scale all mounts to the speed of your fastest mount... then how will you get a faster mount if they all scale? There has to be ones that dont scale...
    instead of '60% or the speed of your fastest mount'

'minimum of 90% or the speed of your fastest mount'

we've been over this many times
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 08-15-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Ascendant

I definitely wouldn't mind this. I would love to be able to ride some of my older mounts without feeling like molasses.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Rift Chaser Flatulentia Nervosa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    instead of '60% or the speed of your fastest mount'

'minimum of 90% or the speed of your fastest mount'

we've been over this many times
    Egg-salad-actly.

There's really no advantage other than aesthetics gained by being able to ride your old bay horse from Freemarch or Silverwood other than you know, actually enjoying looking at your toon for the 2hrs/day you might ride on it as a heavy-playing-longtime-subscriber.

Guys that come in and play for 3 months and move on to GW2, TSW or the next new game don't care about this issue. The gals that put money in Trion's pockets year after year and up for another year in advance for the expansion before a release date is announced actually play enough to care about having their old mounts or variety. It's a relatively painless dev fix, and while those that appreciate may not be all, all who do appreciate it are probably exactly the kind of people Trion wants to satisfy.

Rift Disciple

I've been wanting this for a really long time. The only mounts I like are horses, but I think the horse armor looks very bad. Maybe it's just me, but the horse armor feels like it has lower res textures or a lower poly count than the armor on the Armored Valmera or the Ember Steed. Whatever it is, I don't like it, and upon questioning neither does my horse
    <Have access to Photoshop?>---No---[Use very old guild signature that no one will understand]

+1 to this because I never seem to have enough money to buy the 110% ones!

+1 to this. The Vaiyuu mounts are one of my favorites but I can't justify the loss in speed just to ride a long-legged Oryx.
    On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffinmans View Post
    Uhmm no.
    If all scale to your faster mount, getting a faster mount will make them all that fast.
    You currently own only 60% mounts.
    Getting a faster mount, say 90%, will make all your mounts 90% mounts.

All for this. said it in the other topics as well

/agree
    Last edited by NearioNL; 08-16-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

I for one am against it. My guild does many events that all levels are welcome to attend. If all mounts scaled up, we would have no way to slow ourselves down to keep up with the lowbies, besides run-stop-run-stop-run-stop-run-stop.

I think they should make a consumable item that the PC would use and would allow you to have whatever mount you are on be whatever speed the consumable gives.
    Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivrington View Post
    I for one am against it. My guild does many events that all levels are welcome to attend. If all mounts scaled up, we would have no way to slow ourselves down to keep up with the lowbies, besides run-stop-run-stop-run-stop-run-stop.

I think they should make a consumable item that the PC would use and would allow you to have whatever mount you are on be whatever speed the consumable gives.
    Simple - Trion applies the Mount Speed Buff like the do in IA's that allows everyone in raid to move at the same speed as the highest mount within the raid.

Mechanics exist to make this possible, no reason not to, other than the fact it'd be VERY low on the priority list.

+ Reply to Thread