+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions for Rift (auction house options/racial ability/rework veteran rewards)

Soulwalker

Default Suggestions for Rift (auction house options/racial ability/rework veteran rewards)

My suggestions for Rift.

Auction House (3 suggestions):
    1. Removal of same account shill bidding. My understanding is there is currently no restrictions except there must be enough money available to follow through with the 'sale',

2. Removal of "Buy out" option once a bid has been placed,

3. Addition of a "no-resale" option which can be toggled when creating the auction. Once toggled, the item, once bought will be bound to account (in addition to "bind on equip" status if applicable) until further processed (for example if its a crafting material). This would not affect buyers who actuallty intend to use it but should prevent profiteers from jacking up the prices, causing inflation and profitting from the efforts of others.

Racial Abilities:
    I'm referring to this as an avid artifact hunter. Aside from flight (High Elves) and Mighty Leap (Bahmi), I've not really found any situation where the rest are advantageous at all; there are however many artifact spots which can only be reached by flying/leaping. It feels very much like the game has condemmed those who chose other races from enjoying this portion of the game.

So either, I hope with Storm Legion, there will be sufficient places which can only be accessed as a fox (Kelari), surviving a great fall (dwarf) or dashing (Eth). Poor Mathosians...
    Or,
    Provide some consumable or trinket (much like Adriana's Tumbling Deflector which imitates the Dwarf's racial ability) which will allow all races to leap or fly.

The Veteran Rewards
    Specifically the Sanctum Guard and Meridian Centurion armor. I'm very disappointed that its only the male armor thats displayed irregardless of the sex of the character. It looks terrible and clunky on females.

Please don't use decency as an excuse because 1. the female armors aren't indecent and 2. I see folks running around 'naked' in-game anyway.

I also didn't appreciate that its part of veteran rewards (i.e. how much you appreciate our support) and also that we had to pay in-game gold to buy the later parts and it didn't turn out as expected (male armor for all).

I noticed, on the Meridian Centurion armor, that you're able to make the headgear appear differently on males and females, so why not the rest of the set? I would like this corrected ASAP.

Well, these are the bits that are affecting my enjoyment of the game currently. For those the community feels reasonable, I hope to see implemented. Thanks

Soulwalker

oops, would like to add the following.

Auction House
    4. Allow search by crafting skill level (eg. augments).

Mail System (2 suggestions)
    1. I use the mail system to transfer items between my characters. To prevent sending mail to the wrong persons, would like an option for notification/alert that "this mail is being sent to outside the account". Sometimes, its intended, sometimes its a mistake. It happened to me twice and luckily Customer Service was able to retrieve the items each time. However, I think this would help reduce the number of times CS will need to be bothered by this issue.

2. I can understand the mail limit imposed to put a crimp on spamming. However, I do send a lot of mail because I'm transferring truckloads of artifacts between characters. I hope for the limit to be removed for intra-account mail or for mail sent within an account to not count towards the limit.

FWIW, there's not actually supposed to be any artifacts that can only be reached by leap abilities. As per Dead Simon's post:
    Every Artifact should be collectible by every race without using racial abilities. There are some that might require an Epic mount but everyone as access to those. I did personally test every Artifact for this but since that time a few changes have caused some of them to break this rule. Ones trapped behind invisible walls are an obvious example. We fix these are they are reported or I notice them being talked about on this forum.
    While this was stated before the red artifacts were implemented, I don't see why the mindset behind them would have changed. And personally, as an artifact-nut (419 sets done at the moment) who plays an Eth, I don't believe it has. If you do actually come across one that there's truly no way to scale up or jump to, just put in a bug report.
    (V)    (V)
    ミ(◕‿◕。)彡

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sonoko View Post
    FWIW, there's not actually supposed to be any artifacts that can only be reached by leap abilities. As per Dead Simon's post:

While this was stated before the red artifacts were implemented, I don't see why the mindset behind them would have changed. And personally, as an artifact-nut (419 sets done at the moment) who plays an Eth, I don't believe it has. If you do actually come across one that there's truly no way to scale up or jump to, just put in a bug report.
    Even if that were true, the difference in effort (with leap vs no leap) needed to get it is significant. Yes, I've made it a point to try to figure out how to get to most without leap (succeeded on most spots after a lot of figuring; still failed on one or two) but its so easy with that racial skill that it makes far more sense to just try for it with an Elf/Bahmi alt.

Respect for being able to get to all spots without leap. I know its not easy; but I just think that that folks who didn't choose High Elf/Bahmi shouldn't be penalized (or assume they signed up for hard mode gathering artifacts).

+ Reply to Thread