+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Can we give Landslide a tail? . . .

Sword of Telara

Default Can we give Landslide a tail? . . .

or a skirt, or a blanket even?

http://i.imgur.com/pKybr.jpg

Not sure I can run behind that all night, its like watching a Great Dane from behind.
    Last edited by JDTAdmin; 08-14-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Quick, cast Mathosian Roar and mount!

greater plumbers crack. future plans for a gas weapon in PvP

it is a little strange with that and the Namjuk (sp?) mounts staring at their behinds all the time you're mounted. They look a lot more impressive from the front side.
    BLIZZARD: First off, it's important that everyone remembers that feedback needs to remain constructive... using profanity in your posts, no matter how strongly you may feel about something, is not appropriate.
    TRION: If something ****ing pisses someone off to the point of ****ing smashing their ****ing keyboard Hearing it in those words, helps.

I can see why people might not want to mount that. really. I know hindsight is 20/20 but I dont know what the designers were thinking, but my Assumption is that they did not conider it from that perspective.

I cant really get behind the desision to relase it. So, on my list of favorite mounts that ones really bringing up the rear.

I dont know where you got it but thats one mystery I dont want to get to the bottom of, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Questoften View Post
    I can see why people might not want to mount that. really. I know hindsight is 20/20 but I dont know what the designers were thinking, but my Assumption is that they did not conider it from that perspective.

I cant really get behind the desision to relase it. So, on my list of favorite mounts that ones really bringing up the rear.

I dont know where you got it but thats one mystery I dont want to get to the bottom of, all things considered.
    I think I counted 6 puns there, so... teehee~

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I think I counted 6 puns there, so... teehee~
    Puns, really? I cant tail.
    Last edited by Questoften; 08-14-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    it is a little strange with that and the Namjuk (sp?) mounts staring at their behinds all the time you're mounted. They look a lot more impressive from the front side.
    I concur. A tail or something would be nice. It's like I'm staring at an ape's bum while riding around!

They seem to have been going for a somewhat crystal animal hybrid.
    Maybe they could give him a crystal armour plate kinda thing that did with the other armoured mounts.

Oh... my... gosh, Becky. DON'T look at it's butt... It's so ugly. It looks like one of those developer guys new mounts. But you know, who understands those dev guys? They only created it because it looks like a total female body builder's buttcheeks, 'kay? I mean, it's butt is just so ugly. I can't believe it's just so ugly, it's like, out there, I mean - gross. Look!

I got into this discussion with guildies today. Most mammals that walk on all fours don't have buttcheeks. I can kind of see the Najmok having a cheeky butt because it looks sort of like a knuckle-dragging primate. I'm not sure about the Landslide. Give him a tail. Please.

this thread is pure gold
    ~Quiescent

For what it's worth, the entitlement for Landslide is "RIFT_PROMO_EARTH_NAJMOK". So if that can actually be taken as a canonical nature to it, Landslide is simply a Najmok that has been transformed by the plane of Earth. And since Najmok's don't have tails, neither does Landslide.

With that said, I could certainly see a tail making Landslide more awesome, and it's not like he's strictly identical to Najmoks with those big arse horns and four eyes, sooo...
    Last edited by Sonoko; 08-14-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    (V)    (V)
    ミ(◕‿◕。)彡

Quote Originally Posted by meoka2368 View Post
    They seem to have been going for a somewhat crystal animal hybrid.
    Maybe they could give him a crystal armour plate kinda thing that did with the other armoured mounts.
    A little more crystal and a little less crack and... well, sorry it's just ugly no matter. A "crystal animal hybrid" sounds very cool, but this poor thing is not cool. I feel like it must hurt him to walk or run. :-(
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Maybe the designers still had a headache from all the "rat tail" complaints over Murdantix and as a punishment, this new mount has no tail at all.
    Duh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast