+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vanaa

Thread: Love rift, but still missing something.

Default Love rift, but still missing something.

Hi community of rift.

First I want to say that I love this game, its more than I can say about other MMO's.

This game makes me feel like Im in charge of how my class should work and the enviroment is awesome. Its bunch to do, so im never bored when I log on to rift.

With that said, its still missing few things that I hope will change for storm legion.

- I feel that Trion trying to make it as real as possible, but remember its still a fantasy game. so give the gear some fantasy. I must say that the gear is kinda dull. I dont feel like I have acomplished something when I get an awesome peace (stats wise). Every player want the awesome big shoulders with nice look and maby some glow. otherwise u got dressing room to change that for the players that dont want it. My hero have to be awesome and good looking.

-Weapon, PLZ!!! a stick for a mace??? OMG! well, I have seen some improvement while travelig trough telara but its not fantasy stage. for ppl that still want stick for a mace, add a weapon slot to the wardrobe slot! want it big and glowy... but thats me.

-We have came a long way with addons. but I love to heal. Trion, be the first mmo to make us UI healbot/whodo/clickque. compangsate with making the bosses hit harder.:P

-AND give us a scroll mouse button choice.

That was all from me. really this was little to complain about compaire to the other mmo's.
    Trion is heading the right direction, and players will come back, just know it! cause what I complained about now is what I heard from other players that quited to.

//Thanks Vanaa

I admit much of the clothing is dull and drab, midevil peasant style stuff. Too many earth tones. The outfits they give new defiant mages makes them look like washer women.

Ether that or they are so brightly colored as to look like Dr. suess stuff. I once had a Kalari wearing a Leather Kopalo from that magma opal event as well as the ancent Kalrai dress and I thought I should add the suffix Who to her name. Gos well with that the grentch that stole christmass mohak hair style.

Also the eyless masks look like some kind of kinky fetish stuff.

That said there is some good looking stuff in the game, like the Captured Kalari top you get from the fairstrider faction, or whatever they are called I disremember. And that horned Malicfent style chain hat for clerics.
    Last edited by Questoften; 08-14-2012 at 02:07 AM.

Ascendant

It''s not often that I totally disagree with a post, but this is a case. Everything you critique is actually something that I enjoy about the game.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Too each there own.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by vanaa View Post
    Every player want the awesome big shoulders with nice look and maby some glow.
    I will quit this game if we get aircraft carrier shoulders.
    <Have access to Photoshop?>---No---[Use very old guild signature that no one will understand]

Default Okok!

Well, got to admit that I wrote the thread real quick, so forgot to add an opposit side of the verson. ether make the gear like that or make some more awesome gear for the outfit tab. that way Trion can keep making the dull and boring gear/weapons and I can wear the awesome of the awesomest all the time.

But anyway many ppl want to be able to use scroll function on the mouse and want some kind of heal-clickque stuffy so u dont need to target at all time...

Rift is unique, this is whats make it a good game. really dont want to change that.

-We have came a long way with addons. but I love to heal. Trion, be the first mmo to make us UI healbot/whodo/clickque. compangsate with making the bosses hit harder.:P
    Those addons already exist. Try browsing riftui or curse.

-AND give us a scroll mouse button choice.
    Mouse button 3 can be bound.
    Yesterday
    Faeblight

i like their armor so far. it's fantasy, but it's realistic fantasy. the weapons can be improved a bit, but i don't want huge level 1 weapons. as long as they look like they were difficult to earn, then i'm happy.

i agree, my rogue looks like crap

Still very drab colors though.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUniverse View Post
    Subdued, perhaps, but not drab. That outfit hints at power and nobility without being overly arrogant about it. It just flaunts a little.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Not sure I comprehend what it is you're suggesting. Higher level gear doesn't look mystical/legendary enough for you?

Could you provide some examples of the type of gear you'd like to see?

In my own opinion, I like a lot of what the team has done in terms of gear. Balancing high fantasy with somber realism.

Am I correct in understanding that a part of your personal sense of accomplishment is tied into how outlandish your character looks in it's gear?

Regardless, not dismissing your opinion, just trying to understand what it is you're suggesting.
    Beahrkub Cleric | Tanreal Rogue | Lauriel Mage | Khetra Warrior | Bearkub Rogue | Bjornn Mage
    <TheSpectrum Order> Faeblight LGBT
    | Rognar Warrior | Bjormir Rogue Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUniverse View Post
    i dunno about drab, but i did dye it in my style, i dont like armor standing out in a crowd, and i generally give each a theme

for example, this one is defiant, gold, red, and black

i have another outfit dyed almost entirely brown, thats because its my survival outfit, survival chest, full pants, and boots, no gloves/helm/shoulder

then i have a fully black assassins outfit, made out of no longer relevant pvp gear

and finally i have a more colorful pirate outfit

thats the wonderful thing about the armor system in rift, it can be pretty much whatever color you want (except white anything but cloth, zeus help you if you want it to be white)

Its actully common looking when it should be extraordnary to emphisize the extraordnary nature of you ascended characters. Its really the sort of thing non ascended npcs should be wearing to make your charcter look better by comparasion.

The gear is too subdued, that dose not mean it has to go the other way and be flaming, and tropical fish bright with gaudy oversized shoulder guards but rather you should be dress to kill.

Get away from the browns sand color, the verious earth tones.

I'm sure everyones seen enough evil fortress dreadguard/demon hunter/grand sorcerer and sexy but dangerious looking heroines/villainess types in fantsy movies to know what I'm talking about.

Failing that, how about a black vest over a white (long sleeved) poeits shirt with poofed sleaves, Black leather pants and tall black boots? You could wear a cloak with that or even a eye patch for a bit of color if you had a mind. Maybe a rogue style?

The gear should be slick and stylish and shockingly impressive. Dark Purple, Blood red and basic black are good colors for mages btw. Also the classic noblewoman look can apeal.

Dangerious drifter/ peasant look dose not apeal to me. Yet to each there own. I must admit I dont like to down play my charcters.

+ Reply to Thread