+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6 weeks in - finally found something that could use improving

Soulwalker

Default 6 weeks in - finally found something that could use improving

I'm a pretty fickle gamer, I've turned games off and deleted them after 5 minutes if they don't deliver *coughTERAcough*. So I just want to preface by saying that I think Rift is a well thought out and enjoyable product. And so I've been playing since the end of June and have finally come up with a couple of suggestions that are worthwhile posting. That's pretty good if a game can make ME go 6 weeks without having something to ***** about or quit over - there's a LOT of crap games coming out lately.

1) very minor, but very annoying - that damned "sort bags" button...take that thing and banish it back to whatever dev hell spawned it. By gawd is that thing annoying and unnecessary, you accidentally hit that and you have to spend 20 mins putting everything back where it belongs.

2) since you don't shy away from copying that 'other' large MMO that we're all familiar with and shall rename nameless, one thing I would like see "borrowed" from them is some sort of dungeon journal explaining the boss fights in encounters. As a noob I find myself getting wtfpwned by bosses in the higher instances and I have no idea what from or why. I'm standing where (i think) I should be standing, yet nothing helps. Not to mention that no one in groups is actually able/willing to offer any advice outside of the standard "lol", they're always intent on setting some non existent world record for fastest dungeon completion. So please, either offer some in game tutorial material or at least make some of the fight mechanics more visible to new people who haven't been running the dungeons since beta and could do it eyes closed. Like most people once I learn a fight I have no problem doing the dance, but the fights and boss mechanics are so convoluded I have no idea what's going on.

That's it, thx for reading devs

Soulwalker

1. I just memorized the way Rift sorts the bags and didn't worry about it anymore.
    2. That would be very helpful, I don't like having to alt-tab out of the game to learn about the game from some wiki site.

I really like the sort bag option.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I really like the sort bag option.
    they should give us the option to gray is out so we cant accidentally misclick, or a confirmation box would work for that too.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    they should give us the option to gray is out so we cant accidentally misclick, or a confirmation box would work for that too.
    I would hate a confirmation box. Your best bet would be to just move your bags to a different part of your UI. I've moved mine to the top of my screen. Where do you have yours that you're constantly misclicking? I've never had a reason to click there to begin with, outside of closing individual bags.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

I've never actually misclicked onto the sort bag option either and I've been playing for a year...although I guess I know even less than I thought I knew because I didn't even know there WAS a bag sort option! lol.

On the second suggestion...I agree completely! It would be absolutely awesome if there was some sort of in game journal we could look at for a boss strategy, a loot table...oh and a background lore blurb for that instance! It would be awesome! I'm always looking to learn more about Rift's story and the dungeons are always a bit vague. It usually takes many runs and doing all the quests before I fully understand the story behind a given dungeon!

My Telaran Lore and History Blog, with a side of RP storytelling!=http://ascendedtales.blogspot.ca/201...beginning.html

+ Reply to Thread