+ Reply to Thread

Thread: guild coop

Soulwalker

Default guild coop

I have an idea for the game that may make it a little more enjoyable for the players. Say you have two friends who both run guilds but they want to work together but the only problem is that there is no possible way of doing that. So here is the idea we have a guild coop. The way it works is that they can transfer things like silver, gold, or platnium, materials and the like with each other as well as share guild quests with each other. Making to where they both work together and still have fun together. What do you think?

I'd say merge the guilds, promote both friends to GM, and call it a day.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

I think this sounds like another opportunity for guild hacking. Allowing guilds to function in this way would open them up to back door looting - one guild gets hacked + linked to another non-hacked guild = two guilds getting robbed. Can't say I approve but it is the nature of MMOs today.

I fully endorse guild cooperation but allowing them to share banks I oppose. Bad idea.

Soulwalker

i would have to agree with that part of the aspect. so lets not make it to where they can transfer but what we can do is to still share guild quests. but yes i do see the problem with the hacking but honestly if you are friends why are you going to hack a friends guild and get what you want. dont get me wrong you still make a good point.
    and no merging the two guild is not the same as guild coop. that is just merging and putting two people in charge of the same guild too many problems arise with that. such as friends become enemies and the arguments split up the guild but when you work as a guild coop you end up getting two guild working together and you two (or maybe more) run your own guild and still work together.

Rift Disciple

As usual, my answer to most MMO design issues is "do what Shadowbane did."

In Shadowbane, there were two entities: guilds and nations. A nation could have many guilds beneath it. Each guild could create its own guild crest, and above each character's head was a shield depicting that character's nation and guild crests (the nation was a large shield, the guild was a smaller shield attached to its bottom-right).

Basically, you could keep your guild chat and your guild crest when you "subbed" your guild to another, only you also gained that guild's crest as your nation crest and had access to a shared "nation" chat (the guild you subbed to still had their private guild chat channel as well).

Of course, that game as also about alliances and territories, but I think people would still appreciate the hierarchical structure without player cities.
    <Have access to Photoshop?>---No---[Use very old guild signature that no one will understand]

Soulwalker

it does sound like a good idea but my question is to everyone is if you have any ideas about how to make it happen may you please state them? my thing is we are to busy placing arguments and not enough ideas if this is a good idea and you think you have ideas for it then let us know or at least me. i have a guild on shatterbone and i would like to see this happen it might just bring more people into the game. just stating the facts that is all.

+ Reply to Thread