+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By the_real_seebs
  • 1 Post By the_real_seebs

Thread: Soul Tree animation

Default Soul Tree animation

Since we are "attuning" to the Souls in our Ascended bodies, why not show a waveform vibrating behind all of the Root and Branch icons within each Soul Tree?

The fewer points you have in the soul, the weaker the amplitude and lower the frequency. If you spend all the points into a soul that you can, the waveform is amplified and more frequent.

Just a thought for the Art/GUI department. =]
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Okay, so here's my idea.

Step 1: You make a sort of graph of the powers which have points in them, with brightness relating in some way to points spent.
    Step 2: Add a sort of generic balanced-tree image of the number of root abilities, with the leaves at the bottom. Draw lines up from the base of that tree towards the images of the powers.
    Step 3: This is your image for a single tree. Now make one for each tree.
    Step 4: Color them in some way specific to the soul.
    Step 5: Add animation, where the leaf parts blow and bend a bit.
    Step 6: When you change specs, the three trees, animated and glowing, swirl down around you.
    Step 7: Epic forum outrage that elitists are using this to judge peoples' specs.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Okay, so here's my idea.

Step 1: You make a sort of graph of the powers which have points in them, with brightness relating in some way to points spent.
    Step 2: Add a sort of generic balanced-tree image of the number of root abilities, with the leaves at the bottom. Draw lines up from the base of that tree towards the images of the powers.
    Step 3: This is your image for a single tree. Now make one for each tree.
    Step 4: Color them in some way specific to the soul.
    Step 5: Add animation, where the leaf parts blow and bend a bit.
    Step 6: When you change specs, the three trees, animated and glowing, swirl down around you.
    Step 7: Epic forum outrage that elitists are using this to judge peoples' specs.
    Step 7 is crucial, otherwise the suggestion holds no merit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

I theorize that Trion have a pool for every feature on what will be the main justification for forum outrage. And I bet that at least half the time, no one guesses the actual winning entry. :P
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread