+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gameplay changes suggestions for new exp

Default Gameplay changes suggestions for new exp

Great livestream earlier, really informative and fun to watch!

I did, however, notice that they mentioned "gameplay changes" and such were gonna be added in Storm Legion.
    I don't know what kind of changes that will be, and I'm hoping we're in for a surprise. Though, I have 1 simple suggestion that could help out a lot and make the game a lot more fun!

Not many mmo's have implemented this, and I have no clue to why they wouldn't want to.
    But being able to MOVE while casting spells would be a GREAT addition to the gameplay in my honest opinion.

I tried out "The Secret World", for example. The game was fun, a lot of fun changes to the genre, but the game itself was lacking. I was highly disappointed by the lacking of end-game content at launch, and the lacking of content in between. BUT, they had the feature of moving while casting implemented in their game, which I just have to give them creds for.

Imagine a great game like RIFT having that as well. It would be a lot more fun, and it can make the game a lot more tactical.

Sure, it kind of defeats the purpose of positioning in the battlefield, but it also adds a new challenge to paying attention, phases, and lots more.

Jumping, of course, would cancel spell casting, just saying.

Please leave a positive or a negative response to my suggestion, I'd really like to get as many POVs about this as possible.

Best regards,
    Eruge.
    In Soviet Telara, environment raids you.
    Check out my twitch:
    https://www.twitch.tv/ahnket

That gives ranged classes a HUGE advantage and puts the balanced melee souls like Champion out of business.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

However much fun that would be (sick in warfronts) as stated; it would leave the melee behind. That would mean giving them a lot more teleporting and pulling skills and personally I HATE being pulled into a group and slaughtered with slim chance of getting out of it.

Getting my stuff to proc is fun though. Running and going boom boom boom is nice. But yeah, overall it would up everything. Perhaps a long CD skill that would give the opportunity to run and cast at the same time could be implemented. I wouldn't mind that, at least the healers could get something like that.

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by darran View Post
    Imagine a great game like RIFT having that as well. It would be a lot more fun, and it can make the game a lot more tactical.

Sure, it kind of defeats the purpose of positioning in the battlefield, but it also adds a new challenge to paying attention, phases, and lots more.
    Actually, it would do the exact opposite. There isn't really a mechanic I've experienced or even think of, outside of the game forcibly moving your character for you, that would be rendered more difficult if you could cast/channel and move at the same time. If you remove the importance of positioning, then how can you make that more difficult?
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

All souls should have instant cast abilities that can be used while moving(for boss fights that require mobility), but IMHO high-damage/heals or channeled abilities should be broken(or have limited effect) when moving. This makes perfect sense, as powerful abilities should require intense concentration. Your idea would remove the interrupt portion of knockbacks though, making them only useful for maintaining range or positioning mobs.
    Cernwn L60 Warrior || Grumpabumps L55 Cleric || Jaeger L58 Rogue || Mencken L59 Mage
    Collective of Stars @Faeblight

Default They Kinda Have This In WoW

In the next expansion coming to WoW (Mists of Pandaria) they're having a level 90 talent for warlocks that makes it so you can move while casting, but if you do move it doubles the casting time. Maybe they can do something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathnor View Post
    In the next expansion coming to WoW (Mists of Pandaria) they're having a level 90 talent for warlocks that makes it so you can move while casting, but if you do move it doubles the casting time. Maybe they can do something like this.
    Or maybe the good Devs at Trion can continue to round table about how NOT to copy WoW. Since... well, you know... this isn't WoW.

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

+ Reply to Thread