+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion to fix pocket healing and even out the warfronts..

Default Suggestion to fix pocket healing and even out the warfronts..

Pocket healing would be useless if: For every kill you get in PVP, the damage you take goes up 5% and the heals they take go down 5%. Eventually noone would care about that little pocket healer because, hell, you can actually kill the one being healed now without taking out his heals first.

It's common knowledge, dogs go woof, cows go moo, mmo players go "PVP IS UNBALANCED!"

I'm sorry, but why? Just focus the healer(s) with raid. diminishig returns on heals is a bad idea imo.
    Last edited by Luteuel; 08-09-2012 at 12:06 PM.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Ascendant

So...you want to make an even bigger disadvantage to being a healer in a Warfront when there are already so few? Seems like a fantastic idea.

I'm sorry, but why? Just focus the healer(s) with raid. diminishig returns on heals is a bad idea imo.
    Thing is, i havent seen heals that do anything more than fluff heals for the raid in a long time. All of them seem to pocket heal one person.

It's common knowledge, dogs go woof, cows go moo, mmo players go "PVP IS UNBALANCED!"

Quote Originally Posted by thePally View Post
    Thing is, i havent seen heals that do anything more than fluff heals for the raid in a long time. All of them seem to pocket heal one person.
    So what? It's called strategy. If a healer sees one guy who is just cleaving face, that healer is going to stick to him like glue. You want him dead, do the intelligent thing and mark his healer.

Plane Touched

I think OP may just be bad that no one thinks he's worth pocket healing. It's a legit strategy, get over it. If it weren't for pocket healing teams, a lot of points wouldn't be captured, sourcestones taken, etc.

Ascendant

Yes, this is just a terrible suggestion,, in general. It can't even be salvaged. There is not an issue with pocket healing.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Consider it a victory that the Healer chooses to heal only one person, instead of trying to keep their whole team up. Try avoiding that pair?

Really your issue is that a coordinated pair (or trio, as I've healed 2 at a time before) is doing better than an uncoordinated team which doesn't wish to focus the healer?

Sounds like the person being pocket-healed *deserves* to cleave face. For my part, if the Raid seems unappreciative of my attempts to heal (or isn't even trying to stay together), I'll find the meanest-looking Warrior nearby and step into my Purifier spec for them.

Hell. If I could hitch a saddle onto the back-plate of their armor and ride into battle on my slavering gore-soaked (wo)man-beast of a steed, I would, because teamwork should be rewarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread