+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Guild changes that SHOULD be made!!!!!

Soulwalker

Default Guild changes that SHOULD be made!!!!!

Ok... I am leader of a Large guild. Under the guild log is where i can see who has joined and left guild sicne i was last on. HOWEVER... This is cluttered with the many achievements my guild has earned. Now, If it has been about 15 hours since i last logged in (yes i work during the day) Then my last member added to the guild is waaaaaaaaay at the bottom of the list. Let alone if our progression raid team has taken down a new boss and gotten one of the achievements thr night before. Thats 40 of the 100 spots gone. The guild log and achievements should be separated or at least have the option to hide achievements. It has become a MUST HAVE option for larger guilds since the log is actually an useful tool we can use to track what has happened since we (the guild leaders) were last online.

ALSO... We have been lvl 20 FOREVER!!!! litterally 4 months easy. When are you going to either A) raise the lvl cap for guilds or B) add the PA option? We still run the quests, and the experience we are earning is... absolutly useless.

Both are good ideas that should be implimented and can help set guild apart even more. Also, in the guild finder add what perks a guild has. This way, people know before they join a guild what a guild has to offer them besides a kick *** social experience.

Thanks
    Rigor
    Gnarlwood

In-game guild calendar too, would be nice.

I agree on those. /signed. At times logs end up missing not sure where to correlate the bug. But 12 hrs of missing logs happens many times.Usually during night.

Also yah we should get a level cap increase, maybe with player level increase coming?(perhaps before hand) level 30 would be nice.

Plus I'd like to see incentives of players to stay with your guild. Earn guild renown for personal guild perks. Lessen the chances of guild hopping. Only variables they keep renown(not loose veteran renown) is if kicked for inactivity, or leave guild cause no raid activity is happening on leaderboards.

Guild bank need better increasing gaps of purchasing slots. 100 plat to 1500 next slot is to big of gaps. then 4500?
    Plus we need Guild lock options on ranks, so that only certain ranks allowed to re-arrange bank slot items or splitting. Many times you have one person in charge to keep it organized and ppl re-arrange it all the time thinking to help or on purpose have it all rearranged. (save items being dropped randomly in slot al on its own will happen). Some think it should be grouped differently and ends up a pet pieve for one who worked on it every day to keep it organized.

Also no one should be able to drop small stacks items(filling up bank intentionally) without it auto combine(splitting), or at least have that optional to turn on or off, or button to make it auto-combine.(in case some ppl only want certain amounts grabbed). If at any case only certain ranks allowed to make seperate small stacks, to prevent filling up guild bank slots.

Guild message. Would like to see guild mail system. Also see something simular to /rw (raid warning). /gm Raid forming up time. It guild announces it much like raid warning to guild.

Guild rally banners. Need a confirmation box to remove it. to many times clicking to move camera any where near it removes banner and waste 50g "guild rally banner ended". Are you sure you want to remove rally banner? yes or no?
    The hit box on the banner is large as well so easily clicked to remove and instantly accidental removals happen.

Guild ranks: should be able to create more ranks. Also rearrange the order instead of guild spam promotions and demotions if you had to redo order of ranks or reconscruct it. Guild logs should also not show left guild, invites(only officers need to now), or make separate logs for each type log event.(achieve's in diff log tab,invites)

just a few other things I can think of as well as agree with OP.
    Being Mercenaries We don't get Forced to Faction Flip, We Choose who we fight for!

Ascendant

Updating the MOTD is a pain. If you misclick it updates half the msg and you end up spamming people..hate it so much, we DESPERATELY need a submit button for the MOTD's (like the wall)

We need more storage space for guild banks for sure. We have three raid groups running out of our guild and try and have a separate tab for each raid group. Which currently we cannot do. It would really help large guilds out that need the extra space.

Default Also need the capability to link our crafting professions in our individual profile

As a guild member I can add a bit of text describing myself in the little dialog box that accompanies my profile, but for some reason I cannot link my crafting professions there. It seems ridiculous that my guild mates have no more ready access to what I am able to craft for them than does the general shard population. It's not even possible to link my professions on a guild wall post. I'm assuming that this is some sort of silly oversight on the part of Trion because I can't think of a single problem that being able to do so would cause.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SirGaunte View Post
    The guild log and achievements should be separated or at least have the option to hide achievements. It has become a MUST HAVE option for larger guilds since the log is actually an useful tool we can use to track what has happened since we (the guild leaders) were last online.

Also, in the guild finder add what perks a guild has. This way, people know before they join a guild what a guild has to offer them besides a kick *** social experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbs View Post
    Agree with both of these.

I would also like to add: I'm having an issue with the mobile app. If people forget to log out of their mobile app it shows them as mobile. It is fine if they are a player who I see all the time. I know they are active in guild. But where it comes to being trouble is where I can't remember the last time I've seen XYZ player. It shows them logged in as mobile, which the game thinks is online, so it wont show me their last time in game. As a security messure, I tend to promote people into an absent catagory if they have not logged in for 2 weeks. If that person has been logged into their mobile account for two weeks but hasn't been in game, I have no way to know it. Hard to know if they are on vacation, not subbed or simply abandoned that character.

Also, along the same lines. The toggle between online/offline/mobile in the roster window.. i have it set to show mobile and offline all the time.. Othewise people do not show up on list. They are offline from game, but online in mobile.. so the regular online roster sheet doesn't list them at all. Had an issue before I realized this and thought half my guild abandoned me. They were no longer on the online list or offline list... you can see where i was confused.

Soulwalker

Omgggg yes!!

Plane Touched

Signed! In blood even! It's nice that a lot of guilds have websites but let's face it most people barely use them outside of sign ups. There are exceptions yeah I know. Just generally speaking.

Also like the idea of separating the logs and I believe someone said being able to add more info about your toons. I think having a profile for your character like you can on websites would be nice.

What would be nice is a build in setting in the guild where when someone leaves it automatically sends an in game mail to the GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huesos View Post
    Plus I'd like to see incentives of players to stay with your guild. Earn guild renown for personal guild perks. Lessen the chances of guild hopping. Only variables they keep renown(not loose veteran renown) is if kicked for inactivity, or leave guild cause no raid activity is happening on leaderboards.
    That is a terrible idea. Not having to grind reputation with a new guild is a major pain in the arse. It punishes people who are in a bad guild enviroment and want to leave, it punishes people whose life circumstances change and who need to join a new raid team. If you are having issues with player retention that is your problem and something you need to address.
    Nope.

I wouldn't enjoy having people who stayed in the guild just because they get a few extra statistics out of it, just saying.
    0.3/8 ID 2.123/4 PF

Maybe I'm weird, but I was actually kind of relieved when my guild reached level cap and couldn't go any further. On the one hand, it felt like, "Oh darn, nothing left to conquer on that front." On the other hand, no more going out and doing stuff like "close 587239 rifts" to complete one quest in trying to keep your guild level up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    I would also like to add: I'm having an issue with the mobile app. If people forget to log out of their mobile app it shows them as mobile. It is fine if they are a player who I see all the time. I know they are active in guild. But where it comes to being trouble is where I can't remember the last time I've seen XYZ player. It shows them logged in as mobile, which the game thinks is online, so it wont show me their last time in game. As a security messure, I tend to promote people into an absent catagory if they have not logged in for 2 weeks. If that person has been logged into their mobile account for two weeks but hasn't been in game, I have no way to know it. Hard to know if they are on vacation, not subbed or simply abandoned that character.

Also, along the same lines. The toggle between online/offline/mobile in the roster window.. i have it set to show mobile and offline all the time.. Othewise people do not show up on list. They are offline from game, but online in mobile.. so the regular online roster sheet doesn't list them at all. Had an issue before I realized this and thought half my guild abandoned me. They were no longer on the online list or offline list... you can see where i was confused.
    Was just talking about this with some people in my guild. It is extremely frustrating that being logged into the mobile app is the guild roster's equivalent of being "online," and thus, takes away any ability to monitor the activity of members who are regularly logged in via mobile.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post

This so much! I HATE the mobile app as a guild leader.
    Last edited by Zoam; 06-18-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    This so much! I HATE the mobile app as a guild leader.
    This is, without a doubt, the most annoying aspect of the mobile app / guild implementation. Please adjust it so we know how long they've not logged into the game.
    Last edited by Luscarion; 06-18-2012 at 03:09 AM.
    Slatesplit

<Invidious>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast