+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Please make /ignore account-wide

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser efitall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    354

    Default Please make /ignore account-wide

    I appreciate (and liberally use) the /ignore feature. It allows me to "edit" my Rift experience by removing individuals I don't want to play with. However, the current functionality of /ignore is limited because it's tied to a character (pixels) not an account (player).

    This causes the following problems:
    • I have to seek out and individually ignore alts of players I find offensive, abusive, or annoying
    • When a player moves servers, then moves back, the /ignore placed on their character no longer works (whether they took the same name upon their return or changed names)
    • When a player moves servers, /ignore does not carry into cross-server instances (like WF)

    It's not the pixels that are offensive - it's the player. Please flag /ignore at the account level, not the character level. It will improve users' gaming experience, and reduce the workload on your community managers.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    335

    Default

    I disagree, within reason people deserve a second chance.

    I say "within reason" as we all make mistakes, have bad days, say the wrong thing at the wrong time etc" we've all been there at one time or another.

    However offensive players deserve to be banned.

    Rift and all its servers is a far smaller MMO than say Everquest at its peak, or WoW even today and a player put on mass ignore will find it almost impossible to play at higher levels

    Just my personal views

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser efitall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardy View Post
    I disagree, within reason people deserve a second chance.

    I say "within reason" as we all make mistakes, have bad days, say the wrong thing at the wrong time etc" we've all been there at one time or another.

    However offensive players deserve to be banned.

    Rift and all its servers is a far smaller MMO than say Everquest at its peak, or WoW even today and a player put on mass ignore will find it almost impossible to play at higher levels

    Just my personal views
    Some players are flat-out abusive. Some players are offensive by sheer dint of their personality. I don't feel that I should have to spend money on entertainment and then have to tolerate being abused or constantly offended.

    Within MMO communities, as with any community, there should be social consequences for your actions. If you're concerned about not having people to play with, don't be a jerk in the first place.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Cienn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    407

    Default

    I agree with account-wide ignore. Maybe if someone does make a mistake, it's generally corrected fairly rapidly when called out on their action. People that make it to my ignore list get a good amount of time before I'm done with their spew.

    Ignoring their account permanently, regardless of shard, is a great idea. They will be abusive and vile no matter what shard or character they are on.
    * Cienn 50 Mathosian Pyro Mage-Keenblade * Landuu 45 Kelari Pyro Mage-Greenscale * Xee 37 High Elf Healing Cleric, Warfronts-Homeless *

    If you say "plz" instead of "please" because it's easier to type, then I will say "no" instead of "yes" for the same reason.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    Id also like to copy my friends ignore lists :P

  6. #6
    aux
    aux is offline
    Ascendant aux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardy View Post
    I disagree, within reason people deserve a second chance.
    We'll decide for ourselves if we give people a second chance or not. That is not for you, or Trion, to decide.
    I'm so BORED

  7. #7
    General of Telara Hawkmoon0028's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Account wide ignore would be fantastic.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Tolmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Im all for account wide ignore. If I ignore someone, or someone ignores me, I see no reason for us to need to speak again on another character.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    +1

    I've been getting harassing tells from a player who got mad for getting vote-kicked from a group. He deletes his character, makes a new one, and sends me more tells. Very disappointed that ignore can be circumvented so easily. Please make it account wide.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser The Relic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    We'll decide for ourselves if we give people a second chance or not. That is not for you, or Trion, to decide.
    everyone is becoming my little pony! I want to become one!
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

  11. #11
    Ascendant the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jady View Post
    +1

    I've been getting harassing tells from a player who got mad for getting vote-kicked from a group. He deletes his character, makes a new one, and sends me more tells. Very disappointed that ignore can be circumvented so easily. Please make it account wide.
    In theory, GMs are supposed to take action in cases like this. If they aren't, you might drop a note to the GM feedback address.

    But yes, please. Account-wide ignore would make life a lot better. (Note that for it to really work, it has to be both accounts; it has to mean NONE of my characters see ANY of the ignored player's characters.)
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

  12. #12
    Ascendant the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardy View Post
    I disagree, within reason people deserve a second chance.

    I say "within reason" as we all make mistakes, have bad days, say the wrong thing at the wrong time etc" we've all been there at one time or another.

    However offensive players deserve to be banned.

    Rift and all its servers is a far smaller MMO than say Everquest at its peak, or WoW even today and a player put on mass ignore will find it almost impossible to play at higher levels
    That's a feature, not a bug. City of Heroes is smaller, and yes, if you bug enough people that you have trouble getting teams, it's a good learning experience. People who actually reform can usually get people to let other people know they've improved.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

  13. #13
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardy View Post
    However offensive players deserve to be banned.

    Rift and all its servers is a far smaller MMO than say Everquest at its peak, or WoW even today and a player put on mass ignore will find it almost impossible to play at higher levels
    "Mass ignore"? He would earn that distinction one angry player at a time. The /ignore system is much more to my liking as opposed to banning (for most actions anyway).

    Allowing an account-wide ignore would be an awesome idea! It is not the toon that is offensive, it is the mind of the player.


    +1 ^

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    335

    Default

    I have had a bit of a think about this one and I can see your points.

    Being realistic the problem is that in real life bad behaviour has both social and legal consequences, however on the Internet in general it has has far less. And of course if you really know what you are doing it can also be very hard to trace the individual behind the pixels any virtual where.

    Maybe you folks are partially right, ignoring one person (and even as someone else said) sharing ignore lists between groups of players within Rift can be completely negated within 2 weeks in all circumstances by server switches and name change free of charge

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    However there is no getting away from another fact I did not previously mention in that account ignore lists could be also used as a backdoor route to real life identification of individuals behind the pixels, especially with the quite common use of vent/teamspeak etc. where you can also have a data print of that persons voice.

    That might be a breech of the EU data protection act

    However.......putting that aside there is a possible way to resolve that point by introducing account wide ignore BUT having another system where for the payment of a cash fee a player can "undo that"

    In effect what would happen here is a player would formally request Trion to provide him or her with a summery of all data held on that account - Trion are legally allowed to charge for this service (in my country the UK) the going rate is around 10 to 20

    You could then require Trion to remove selected data (the ignore list) and this would just be a general tick box

    This route is entirely consistent with the Data Protection Act providing that the supplied ignore list option does not include names of players who are ignoring you - in other words just a general data wipe

    In my opinion this would be problem solved - a means of truly ignoring problem players - BUT a way to redemption for players if wanted - and the consequences of bad behaviour is financial to remove it

    Finally the entire process could be done via your account on Trions website thus removing any need for manual costly work

    How does that sound folks, any views ??

  15. #15
    Plane Touched XaviourEQ2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    This is a very logical and well written idea.I have thick skin and usually will just flat out ignore the person(s) mentally. I personally hardly ever use the ignore feature but an account wide ignore is a very valid request for players being bullied and/or harrassed.

    +1 for having a legit request.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts