+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Lords0fpain

Thread: Ships instead of houes???

Default Ships instead of houes???

That would be awesome UO has both. different size ships for groups, guilds, and solo...discuss :wink sorry for typos...blame Budweiser...lol
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 04-21-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Yeah it would be good, you could get them in sanctum where they could build docks, in shimmersand, freemarch, ember isle and then be able to sail the coasts with them. You could upgrade it to do ship battles.
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

Ship housing and travelling (like Wind Waker that would be AWESOME) would be pretty cool, but there's a lot of problems with doing that.

The whole coast of the main continent isn't done, and I'm sure at some point the world just drops off, and it's not round.

They'd have to fix those two issues first, and any coding for boat combats would take time as well.

I'd be totally for it instead of housing (as long as I can decorate the interior of the boat, and maybe the exterior)

It would be, however, a way to keep housing in the game world without it having to be instanced, since for the ocean they can make as much real estate as they want, or even despawn the boat when you go on land and treat it like a mount.

Even though it's considered one of the worst entries in the series, I actually really liked Suikoden IV, and the headquarters in IV was a ship, and you could essentially sail your HQ anywhere. It was great.

+ Reply to Thread