+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Master Craftsman Marks Vouchers

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Default Master Craftsman Marks Vouchers

I have 44 with master Craftsman Marks with my Apothecary and 3673 Artisan Marks, haven't done any weeklys or dailys in about 4-6 months. Apothecary doesn't need that many. However my Artificer could use them since all his recipes are mostly around 5 per.

My suggestion:

1 Master Craftsman Mark Voucher costs - 1 Master Craftsman Mark and 250 Artisan's Marks.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

I'd rather have something to buy with them implemented. I'm capped in MCM's on 2 chars, on the way on a 3rd and have stacks and stacks of rift lures that I dare not use as the marks won't credit.

There is no need for transferring MCM's as you can easily have RC and O/F on your apoth to feed him. That's 3 guaranteed a week from weekly, 3 lures and 21 chances from dailies.

Now, if they ever do decide to make MCM's an actual currency for recipes again, recipes that are actual recipes not just part of the raid loot system, how do you think your transferable idea will work? They need to make the cost of recipes such that not everyone can buy every recipe outright, otherwise why have the currency.

So lets say it is possible for a trade to feasibly get 1/5th of the requirement for one recipe in a week, your guy who has 1 tradeskill and 2 gather skills takes 5 weeks to get a recipe, lets say there are 6 recipes, that's gonna take him 30 weeks.

Now, since Trion, in their wisdom (read; reacting to forum QQ and not thinking) made marks all the same for every trade, your guy who used his head and has 2 feeder trades for that 1 trade on that character, can now get recipes in a third of the time. Your 30 weeks is this guys 10 weeks.

Now, lets look at your proposal.
    I now go and make alts on every server, transfering an alt with some of the 1000's of useless plat, and spread it around each server. I level RC, O/F, and one other, say A/S or Apoth, times 6, on every server.

Each character gets at least 3 MCM's per week, each character gets 798 artisan marks each week.
    6 characters = 4788 artisan marks each week and 18 MCM's each week.
    On every server.

You think it's a good idea, that in 1 week, at your proposed cost of 250 aM per MCM, that I could, with for example characters on 10 servers, send 190 MCM's to a character on my main server in one week?

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Ascendant

if one of your capped characters is an artificer, youll be spending alot (like 80) tokens soon
    Last edited by Zoam; 04-08-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Why? Are they adding more recipes?

And yes Artificer is capped.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 04-08-2012 at 04:22 PM.

I don't log in anymore.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    I'd rather have something to buy with them implemented. I'm capped in MCM's on 2 chars, on the way on a 3rd and have stacks and stacks of rift lures that I dare not use as the marks won't credit.

There is no need for transferring MCM's as you can easily have RC and O/F on your apoth to feed him. That's 3 guaranteed a week from weekly, 3 lures and 21 chances from dailies.

Now, if they ever do decide to make MCM's an actual currency for recipes again, recipes that are actual recipes not just part of the raid loot system, how do you think your transferable idea will work? They need to make the cost of recipes such that not everyone can buy every recipe outright, otherwise why have the currency.

So lets say it is possible for a trade to feasibly get 1/5th of the requirement for one recipe in a week, your guy who has 1 tradeskill and 2 gather skills takes 5 weeks to get a recipe, lets say there are 6 recipes, that's gonna take him 30 weeks.

Now, since Trion, in their wisdom (read; reacting to forum QQ and not thinking) made marks all the same for every trade, your guy who used his head and has 2 feeder trades for that 1 trade on that character, can now get recipes in a third of the time. Your 30 weeks is this guys 10 weeks.

Now, lets look at your proposal.
    I now go and make alts on every server, transfering an alt with some of the 1000's of useless plat, and spread it around each server. I level RC, O/F, and one other, say A/S or Apoth, times 6, on every server.

Each character gets at least 3 MCM's per week, each character gets 798 artisan marks each week.
    6 characters = 4788 artisan marks each week and 18 MCM's each week.
    On every server.

You think it's a good idea, that in 1 week, at your proposed cost of 250 aM per MCM, that I could, with for example characters on 10 servers, send 190 MCM's to a character on my main server in one week?

I agree with your proposal of having much more crap to buy with the Master Marks. No doubt. I would love for a whole new line of Apothecary recipes to pop up. Not so I could AH all the stuff, but so I can spend my marks and feel refreshed with a new goal of trying to get more marks again as a goal and not as a byproduct of doing crafting rifts.

I understand RC as Runecrafting and O/F as Outfitter in your example. In reference to that suggestion I have 2 collections (Mining and Foraging) as my alternates. And as I only play my Lev. 50 Mage w/ a recent low level alt addition Runecrafter/Outfitter/Artificer my Mage has all his marks wasting away in Margaritaville. You're example is an mathematical example of extremists, not the casual player who prefers to play one toon and has made a lower level alt so he doesn't have to rely on others completely for all his needs, including paying AH prices. Extremists are ALWAYS going to be extremists, until they burn out.

I'm ok with someone/everyone having ALL the recipes in game on day 1 of each release. It does not hinder my play and as such as the plat market is, and I hope it stays as such, plat is an obsolete currency in RIFT. So someone selling a new item on day 1 for 5k Plat has no effect on me or my choices, only the ones who have to have shard/world firsts.

My hope is, with this thread suggestion, that the Devs do not make the average player's concerns and request obsolete because extremists spend all their time not enjoying the game, but trying to manipulate it.

I get a feeling of most of the people in this game playing almost every role/class by now. Thus, having all the professions completed. I play this game as a Mage and do so religiously. I don't make alts to try and level them up. I don't run 4 different toons thru HK GDKPs each week. I joined RIFT to cast Fireballs and have no desire to wear plate or chain armor. With that being said, I have 3 main Professions that I can work on at any time, the 3 on my Mage (Apothecary, Mining, Foraging.) Because I play 1 toon and 1 toon solely, I should not be swept under the Rug of Fanaticism just because others would destroy a game with their mathematical genitalia.
    Last edited by Shaidar Haran; 04-08-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

But the point is, the system worked for everyone before.

Marks (or plaques as they were) were tied to that particular trade. They were slow to get, but they were slow to get for everyone.

I don't craft for profit, I craft for myself primarily and for anyone else if i see someone isn't getting a reply to their shout. I was happy getting a plaque here and there, getting a recipe here and there. Even for people who wanted to craft to make plat, the fact Joe had recipe A, Bill had recipe B, Bob had recipe C and nobody had recipe D, meant that crafting was viable for me as content, something to be working towards and for the others, their recipes (or the products of) were actually worth something.

Enter QQ, crafting isn't viable, how can I make anything from crafting without recipes, it takes forever.

I pointed out way back then, that making recipes easier for Joe to get, makes it easier for Bill and Bob to get, the recipes and products actually become less useful to someone wanting to craft for income.

What happened? Plaques from events, weeklies, crafting rifts then the 'QoL' change to generic MCM's. Suddenly we are flooded with marks, you could game the system and shuffle trades, away from the advised x craft with x gather etc, to have feeder crafts, 3 times the marks, then we get to exchange artisans for MCM's, more MCM's for the guy with 3 trades.

Suddenly those with not much time to play and 1 character only, sticking with the advised x craft + x gather + x gather or w/e, are left miles behind. While crafting is more than ever complained about as useless.

Months pass, crafting goes stale, yet Mr 1 character, 1 trade and 2 gather is still not caught up.

Trion's way of fixing something which wasn't broke (acquiring plaques) was to worsen the whole reason the plaques exist, crafting, it went from bad to worse.

Now, they try to upgrade crafting, and from a situation of nearly everybody being able to do everything easily, which was why crafting was such a mess, we now go to - crafters who raid can do everything easily, crafters who don't can not at all. Mr 1 character, 1 trade and 2 gather is still left way back compared to Mr 2 dummy trades feeding a main trade, just that not all of this group fall into the next group of lolcrafters.

Any sort of BtA or trading of MCM's is just moving us farther into the mire that Trion created with the QoL changes that were ill thought out.

Crafting is in a mess, it always was, but it keeps getting worse and worse every time Trion touch it.

I don't log in anymore.

Ascendant

Why? Are they adding more recipes?

And yes Artificer is capped.
    take a look

http://i39.tinypic.com/4uclrs.jpg

unrelated but still awesome

http://tinyurl.com/newpiggy
    http://tinyurl.com/newdoggy

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    Oh, that's a no then. Yes I'm aware of those recipes, none of which are crafting recipes really, I have no use or need for them. They are simply raid drops, disguised as a crafting update, I don't raid, have no interest in raiding. If the raid mats are BoE and therefore can be bought, I may as well just buy the damned item, just like I could always buy raid gear from guilds, many guilds have been doing that for months, it doesn't interest me.

Yes they are.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 04-09-2012 at 03:16 AM.

I don't log in anymore.

Ascendant

Oh, that's a no then. Yes I'm aware of those recipes, none of which are crafting recipes really, I have no use or need for them. They are simply raid drops, disguised as a crafting update,

haha you have a point there
    Last edited by Zoam; 04-12-2012 at 02:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread