+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Cameile
  • 1 Post By Shyhalu
  • 1 Post By Loremaster

Thread: Barbershop / Race Change ever happening?

Default Barbershop / Race Change ever happening?

Dear Trion,
    First of all, LOVE LOVE LOVE Rift. Keep up the great work! I have looked through all of the previous posts on this topic and it appears that there are other people like me who would like to change something about their character. You have mentioned that a barbershop was coming, but when? What about a race change?

and faction change..?

Plane Walker

If we don't get this feature in 1.8, I won't be surprised if we never see it.

Trion hinted about a "barbershop" feature several months ago, but has never implemented one, despite 20+ threads requesting it. They know players pretty overwhelmingly want it, but have never commented on it since that previous vague reference. This is very unusual, given Trion's attention to the concerns of their player base.

I'm not a programmer or a code writer or a game developer, but I'm wondering if there's something about how they coded our characters' appearances that has made it so re-customization is very difficult (or impossible) to accomplish.
    Last edited by Karuna; 03-23-2012 at 11:04 AM.

That would make sense...either way, it would just be nice to know. Several of the older threads are locked with no comment from Trion. *crosses fingers*

I already don't play as much as I would if these features were available in-game. If we don't see them by 1.8 or 1.9 -- I'm likely done for good. Crank out all the content they want, but if I'm not enjoying the way my toon looks while I'm playing, it becomes irrelevant.

i just don't understand why there hasn't been any dev response to the very popular question. it's just a little frustrating.

Does Trion ever actually respond or acknowledge threads in these forums, or are we pretty much shouting into the dark here?

Soulwalker

I'd also love to see this barbershop. This game has pretty great customization with the wardrobe feature but not being able to change your character's hair or markings or in my case skin color (hard to outfit a pure black kelari Dx) is a real bummer.
    Last edited by Kyuri; 03-27-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Barbershop

I really do hope that Trion adds an option such as a barbershop, or a more encompassing beautyshop.

Being able to change your appearance would definitely help to keep things fresh, especially in a game where even if you're switching between characters, it's still only likely to be up to 4 of them.

With all the options, such as the wardrobes and armor dyes, I think this would bring the proper rounding out of character options and would really make peoples characters feel like "theirs".

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
    Does Trion ever actually respond or acknowledge threads in these forums, or are we pretty much shouting into the dark here?
    In 20+ threads on the subject, with hundreds of posts, I've never seen a single purple response.

So, yeah, we're pretty much shouting into the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuna View Post
    In 20+ threads on the subject, with hundreds of posts, I've never seen a single purple response.

So, yeah, we're pretty much shouting into the dark.
    I've gone all of the way to posts dated 2010 and you are correct, not one response. I am still hoping that Rift will add this feature. Some people will not care for it, they don't have to use it. I would love to have something, since it does appear a barbershop has been in the works for sometime.

I see no cons in implementing Barbershop + Race-change features, however faction changes should never be considered.

Plane Touched

I'll say it here like I've said in the dozen other threads on the same subject. Faction change NO! Race Change NO! Gender Change NO! You made your choices either deal with it or re-roll.

Appearance change, however is alright with me, bring on the barber.
    Quoting myself here from one of the hundred other posts on the same subject.

Chrisane - Cleric - 50 -- Belan - Rogue - 50 -- Maxistin - Mage - 50 -- Carolwyn - Warrior - 21
    Guardian - Wolfsbane

+ Reply to Thread