+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By iCeDrAgOn2025

Thread: Items that take up inventory space but shouldn't

Shadowlander

Default Items that take up inventory space but shouldn't

Since inventory is somewhat of a luxury at endgame, with having to carry around multiple armor sets, potions and what not. there are a few items that are still useful, but I feel don't need to take up an inventory spot. The Items I'm talking about are the various teleportation devices, Unseen insignia and other items that provide a skill i.e. Adriana's Sneak-o-Matic. We should still get the item initially, but then once you activate it, it should add the associated skill to your Ascended powers section of your abilities window.

Since most of these items only provide the one skill it only makes sense that they should be treated as acquired skills instead of items.

A list of some of the items that I've came accross that could benifit from this behavrous

Abyssal Banner
    Necrotic Banner
    Snowman
    Guardian Fireworks
    Defiant Fireworks
    Anniversary Confetti

And I'm sure that there are others... these are the ones that I can find on my characters at the time of writing this. what does everyone else think about the idea

Ascendant

I agree completely

I like the idea. I've always kept items like the ones you mentioned in my bank because of bag clutter. I do, however, think that a new ability window would be in order to keep the existing windows from getting cluttered themselves.

Something like Miscellaneous, Vanity, Event etc. Whatever window name is best for usability.

That would be an awesome QoL improvement.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Plane Walker

You have to much INV if you ask me. Inventory should be stat based off of strength and allow you to carry a certain weight. If you are battle looting during a fight and happen to go over the limit you should have like a 99% movement speed debuff until you are under the weight you are able to carry.

agreed a misc tab for those items to be turned to skill would be a great idea and easy to implement.
    <Mercenary> Briarcliff
    <Dragon Hunters> Wolfsbane
    Baowolf 50 War (Retired)
    Largol Cleric (Active)
    Spreez 50 Mage (Retired)

Rift Disciple

I will pay for storage. Fill my screen with bags and slots. Take my money. More storage for the suggestions in this thread and every other piece of fluff I want to carry around. Please please please.

The items that shouldnt take up inv space is "world event currecny" tickets/stones/coins ex....
    Xandora Cleric Rift Deepwood(DERPwood) Server
    Retired Sandora Templar EQ2 Antonia Bayle Server
    Retired Xandora Cleric EQ1 Fironia Vie Server

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    You have to much INV if you ask me. Inventory should be stat based off of strength and allow you to carry a certain weight. If you are battle looting during a fight and happen to go over the limit you should have like a 99% movement speed debuff until you are under the weight you are able to carry.
    RPG's have been there done that and THANKFULLY moved away from that terrible encumbered mechanic

^that's how it used to work in EQ2. Of course mages/healers were always at a disadvantage with that. Sucked to have to take str, over int/wis, just so you could move at more than a snails pace.
    Last edited by Charlice; 03-15-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    RPG's have been there done that and THANKFULLY moved away from that terrible encumbered mechanic
    Why thankfully? Because it required thought over greed?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    I like the idea. I've always kept items like the ones you mentioned in my bank because of bag clutter. I do, however, think that a new ability window would be in order to keep the existing windows from getting cluttered themselves.

Something like Miscellaneous, Vanity, Event etc. Whatever window name is best for usability.
    They could use the existing abilities window, just add new sections and sub-sections to it. and I do agree with Zombieking it would be extremely easy to impliment

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    Still awaitng your response in my reply at post #11.

Still awaitng your response in my reply at post #11.
    asked and answered. not everyone plays heavies

Sucked to have to take str, over int/wis, just so you could move at more than a snails pace.
    Pentium 233 (MMX!)
    128k 32 pin simm
    80 mb seagate hd
    external Iomega zip drive
    Intel onboard video (3DFX Voodoo2 Acceleration)
    creative sound blaster 8 bit

+ Reply to Thread