+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: PvP servers

Plane Walker

Default PvP servers

I have played rift now for almost 2 months. I have reached Prestige 40 and observed end game PvP. IMO, drastic changes are needed for PvP to improve in this game. I do understand carebears like PVE and want no part of PvP. This is fine. Server separation needs to be expanded upon.

PVP server changes:

Change rule set to open world PvP and scrap faction based PvP rules on PvP server.

Allow guilds to control points of interest (could be mines, etc whatever.) on a map that have 3 hour windows of opportunity daily. Once captured, winning guild in rewarded with plat, items, raw materials etc over the 24 hour duration they hold the location until the next window opportunity is open allowing all guilds on map a chance to fight for it all over again. There should be different points of interest scattered throughout the world. Window of Op time should be set by guild that captured it prior.

Allow guilds to capture and control small hamlets throughout the world. Hamlets should allow guild to have vendors to sell craftable goods to all players in world. Hamlets could act as small cities which other guilds can win by way of siege.

Allow guilds to "SUB" other guilds under them to form an alliance.

Allow some of the killed players loot inventory to drop with random % of their gold/plat dropped with it.

Have bank/vaults scattered throughout the open world zones.

These few changes will do a few things:

1. Create fun and meaning to PvP on PvP servers for the PvP subscribers. (Be honest, is there meaning to it now?)

2. Create a political system

3. Spark open world PvP as it is totally dead right now (outside daily zone, and even some days this area is dead too)

4. Capture the marketshare of PvP players that want more PvP content. Telling someone to go play XYZ game instead of implementing changes is like a store refusing to sell a customer what they want and direct them to go someone where else to buy it - that is just bad business.

5. Allowing some of a player's inventory to drop does a few things:

1. More incentive for PvP.
    2. Makes players aware that they must go to the bank every so often thus creating yet another opportunity for PvP.

Ask yourself now, is there any real reason to PvP now in this game? is there a real incentive in it's current state?

The changes listed above should be made ONLY to PvP servers. If players do not like these rule sets you can offer them the PVE server ruleset. Again, you appease both sides.

These may not be the best changes and perhaps can even be improved upon. But this would be a big step in the right direction for the players that want more PvP content. There are many subscribers that simply do not raid, do rifts etc. The answer for them is to give subscribers what they want. This gives you more marketshare, telling them to go play a different game means less marketshare.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    I do understand carebears like instanced PVP and want no part of real open world PvP so they sit in safety and que allday.
    There I fixed that for you.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by XaviourEQ2 View Post
    There I fixed that for you.
    Why thank you

Enjoy Farming lumber for 4 hours then being ganked. rinse repeat.
    Calm As A Bomb

Open world is dead because of the Defiant zerg. It's not fun.
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Hey Credo,

Please add something of value to the thread. There are no zergs in this game. a 10-15 man guild is HARDLY a zerg. People cry zerg, but perhaps they are just terrible at PvP? In any case, this game does not have open world PvP so again, your point is baseless.

Agreed an all point but no5... i dnt really understand what u mean there.

I would add a couple.

1 make a highly desirable area... it has lots of mats to farm good rep farming and a faction that sells good items (gear, mounts, recepies) and a raid/instance. When a faction controls the area they get access to daily quests, access to raid and to all the vendors (there can be other rewards) once maybe twice a day a window to capture that area would open... it would have to be announced prior i think at least one hour or be at fixed hours so boths sides have time to prepare. To capture the area u would probably have to kill a boss that is controled by the controling faction plus additional objectives are possible. Make some strategic points/relics/magic stones that will help in deffending or attacking to disperse the zerg and make the fight less centred and with more options/startegies possible.

2 dissable soul walk if killed in open world by a player, but do make some sort of spawning stones that u can place around the world with limited spawns and a timer. This stones can be destried by the enemy. this way ppl can organise and plan a battle in that aspect also. So u dont have to walk 15minutes back to battle , but fast return is not guaranteed.

3 if a faction dominates the area too long the opposite faction slowly gains a pvp buff that would only work in open world, possibly only in that area. this way a faction that is beeing dominated all the time slowly gains more chance to deffeat the enemy.

4 if this is implemented faction balance will become a priority... no one wants to play a game where they get zerged everytime and cant exerience that content for longer periods of time. How trion does this idk... limit character creation... cross faction transfers, there is many possibilities, but this has to be done right or it can be a disaster.

Just my 2 cents... i m sure there is a lot more that could be done, but this would be a great start i think.

ps sorry for my poor engrish

Plane Walker

Some good ideas

#5 means when you kill a player, some of their inventory drops on grave. Not equipped items, but inventory + plat/gold. Doesn't have to be all of the inventory, but maybe 10-15%

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowboxerz View Post
    Some good ideas

#5 means when you kill a player, some of their inventory drops on grave. Not equipped items, but inventory + plat/gold. Doesn't have to be all of the inventory, but maybe 10-15%
    Ok i get it, though unless they kill a crafter or some heavy consumable player there is not much to loot from a player other the platinum... even then if he is broke u wont get much from him. And lpayers will just leave everything in the bank when they ll go out in open world. Specially with summon banker its not hard to do it. So i think better solutions could be found.

If u want this feature as a penalty for ur death i think the most appropriate penalty would be to lose some of ur favor/prestige, though i can allready see all the carebears qqing. But some sort of penalty would be good to make u think who u r gonna jump, but on the other hand too much penalty and ppl become affraid to engage in any pvp.

If u wanted it as reward i think the current system works though i think rewards could be boosted a bit at least in open world, and they could be rank based, meaning if a rank 2 kills rank 40 the reward/loot should be bigger then if r40 kills r5. The loot should also include some marks maybe a mid tier of blue pvp lesser essences all sort of pvp goodies like enchants, pots maybe even some mid range pvp gear and the pvp mount. A chance to get some decent loot will increase players will to pvp but as i said it should be rank based so u dont get a premade of r40s farming on low levels.
    Last edited by djluxi; 03-16-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Default Kill people in world - get loot

YES YES AND YES! That's what I loved about EQII PvP, the risk. I would love there to be more consequences to ones death in world PvP - no holds bar, manly PvP. You die - you lose some of w/e you're carrying (not what's equipped). Ex: Potions, plat, green/blue trash gear etc...

This would be an awesome addition if in world pvp actually existed. I have to pull teeth to get a friend to jump in some in world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    That's why I'd like to see the ability to 'faction transfer' on same server be added to the game.

Core Raid Spots Available --- (Trekkies) Wed/Sun/Mon 9 PM - 12 AM ST :: Holding TRYOUTS for a core raid spots on Mon/Tues, 5:30 PM Server, just send a tell! Must be 3/4 or 4/5 minimum!

Most of your suggestions are predominantly found on a game called DAoC... The PvP server there, Mordred, was almost exactly as you say... I would love to see that change in PvP servers here. A guild could have characters that are both Defiant and Guardian in it. Would definitely help the population balance issue as well.

/voteyes
    Last edited by Danitsia; 03-17-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Core Raid Spots Available --- (Trekkies) Wed/Sun/Mon 9 PM - 12 AM ST :: Holding TRYOUTS for a core raid spots on Mon/Tues, 5:30 PM Server, just send a tell! Must be 3/4 or 4/5 minimum!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Danitsia View Post
    Most of your suggestions are predominantly found on a game called DAoC... The PvP server there, Mordred, was almost exactly as you say... I would love to see that change in PvP servers here. A guild could have characters that are both Defiant and Guardian in it. Would definitely help the population balance issue as well.

/voteyes

Thanks!

I never played DaOC, but was playing Shadowbane from 2003-2008. Many of these ideas are from that game. If is apparent Rift modeled this game from WoW. Just looking at armor set bonuses, an attribute called "Hit", quite apparent where they got this from. For PVE this is fine I guess, never played WOW but PVERS seem to love it. Following in WoW footsteps for PvP anything is just a fail though - big time.

Many of these changes would help out things in rift, albeit they would need to make changes like this to PvP servers only and then let the player decide if they want to be a Pvper or Pver, simple thought process for me. Its when Rift try's to give the false illusion of PvP to the Pver's is when they wrecked PvP that is in game now.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Captain oh captain View Post
    YES YES AND YES! That's what I loved about EQII PvP, the risk. I would love there to be more consequences to ones death in world PvP - no holds bar, manly PvP. You die - you lose some of w/e you're carrying (not what's equipped). Ex: Potions, plat, green/blue trash gear etc...

This would be an awesome addition if in world pvp actually existed. I have to pull teeth to get a friend to jump in some in world PvP.
    I know there are a TON of players that would like this system, generally these players do not go onto the forums to complains about every little thing (like many Pvers) so perhaps Trion thinks I'm alone on the idea. I'm glad ya like the ideas!

The changes listed would def keep me as a sub for life, however I'm thinking Trion isn't going to do much to change PvP to any extent in this game. Many changes seem to side with PVE'ers that cry foul over anyone that outsmarts them at any point in PvP. ie removing source engines from sub-50 is a prime example of who they want to cater to.
    Last edited by Shadowboxerz; 03-17-2012 at 08:45 AM.

I love all those suggestion. I wish this will happen.

It never will, but gah I wish it would.
    Rift: 50 Rogue Tank, Two 50 Cleric tanks, and a 50 Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast