+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Marikhen
  • 4 Post By jeffadkins51

Thread: Please let us PERMANENTLY disable world event tracking.

General of Telara

Default Please let us PERMANENTLY disable world event tracking.

I'm sick and P(#HRP(*H#R tired of having to disable it each and every single bloody time I log in. I have to disable it even if I log into a character I just logged out of three seconds ago. The game's been out for nearly a year now, and we're on the 7th major patch. I've been complaining about this for some time and it's annoying to the point of making logging in a punishment.

Do you like in-window/tab pop-up advertisements or survey offers when you go to your favorite web-site? Do you just love to have to close those windows each time you check your e-mail or go to a message board? I know I don't, and I doubt there are very many Rift players that do, so why are we forced to have the same whack-an-ad mechanics in Rift when it comes to dealing with world events?

Being required to disable world event tracking once per world event or even world event phase would be okay as it would serve the purpose of notifying players that the event is going on or that it changed phases, but if I log in/out of 5 characters 15x in one day I shouldn't have to disable tracking 15x in one day. That's beyond ridiculous.

I agree. It'd also be nice if they chekbox in the guild tab to not show mobile members actually stayed checked like the one to not show offline members does >_>
    When reading this post, let it be known, it was meant to be heard in a non-threatening, non-demanding way. Thank you.

~Akylios Down 12/13/11~ ~Akylios Down in 2nd raid group 2/11/2012~

Sword of Telara

I agree entirely with both posts.

Disabling the world event once per phase would be what I'd like to see, just so I know the phase changed. But otherwise I don't care, and don't want it taking up space on my screen.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by jeffadkins51 View Post
    I agree. It'd also be nice if they chekbox in the guild tab to not show mobile members actually stayed checked like the one to not show offline members does >_>
    AFAIK that's schedules for fixing, possibly either in an upcoming hotfix or with 1.8.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by jeffadkins51 View Post
    YES PLEASE. Two of my biggest pet peeves right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejaye View Post
    I agree entirely with both posts.

Disabling the world event once per phase would be what I'd like to see, just so I know the phase changed. But otherwise I don't care, and don't want it taking up space on my screen.
    Totally agree. I sent this exact idea as feedback in-game a couple of days ago.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by merrier View Post
    Totally agree. I sent this exact idea as feedback in-game a couple of days ago.
    I've been filing "do not like" comments and/or bug reports about once a patch since 1.2. Hopefully they'll do something before 2.9 launches.

signed for both top posts

also having event dialogue spam every minute during raids is very annoying, even with tracking disabled the progress count spams the screen
    who took my names!

Agreed. This stuff becomes spam. And Trion, I actually participate in world events - I just don't want it to be a friggin pop-up ad.

This has been up before, but I fully support it. On my screen the quest tracking gets bumped down and goes "over" my bag icons, which then prevents me from clicking them because it thinks I mean to click on the quest in question >.<
    Every time I log in I have to manually uncheck it, and it's become very very tedious.

Agree with OP in general, but their frustration seems a bit exaggerated. ;)
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

+ Reply to Thread