+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Please make PA account bound !

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

This is a classic case of decisions having consequences. Be amazing at one thing, or good at several things. I'm glad people have to actually make this choice, and aren't handed everything on a platter for free because they feel entitled. It's a lot like real life. Earn it.

Please don't ever implement this. One thing I love about this game is that it has character progression.

Please make a statement asserting this will never happen so we can end the discussion once and for all.

Plane Touched

Just no. No need to make it account-bound. It's not necessary for any content, so let people do it on a per-character basis.

If you want to make something account-bound, do mounts/pets. Just fluff.
    Last edited by mavfin87; 03-25-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Soulwalker

Default PA account bound reasoning

A linked PA system across your account would promote people to play their other toons when they want to instead of feeling punished for not staying on one toon all the time. This I think would be a major improvement in the game that casual players and hardcore ones alike would enjoy without taking anything away from the experience of the game. But, instead this would enhance it by encouraging people to learn the other roles and classes in the game which in turn would help them to understand others players and be able to help each other out more.

The system as it is may only be intended as a bonus but gives a very restrictive feel when going to play other toons as you are sacrificing the PA on the toon you may want to focus more on just because you are playing another which discourages you from playing other toons. Also if a guild or group of friends you commonly run with needs one of you to change classes because they are super heavy on one class it is a major blow on all the time you have spent on building PA (months-years of gameplay) on the first class which you will have to redo on the new class just to catch up. Gearing a new class is a major effort in itself between sourcestones, marks, and random drops, but trying to catch up in PA as well is downright overwhelming.

The PA system in itself is a very good way to reward players to continue to play their toons after 50 even when not working on gearing. This encourages geared players to help out friends even when there is nothing they want from the activity whether it be rep grinding, dungeon grinding, lower level content, etc. Or they can hop on an alt and do the content along with their friends while both reap the benefits. Thank you for developing the PA system as it has enhanced the gameplay for myself and my friends. In the future I hope you incorporate an account linked PA.

In response to the arguments against it how does having it account linked really hurt you as a player or your personal experience in game? The PA alone will not make a new character OP since filled out would be about the same as a couple pieces really good gear which you can already do to an extent with the account bound beads that can be used on world event gear (got my mage to T1 ready the day after hitting 50 this way). They still have to go through the gear grinding just like every other 50 (outside the already explained means of world event/crafted gear that's there) and you still have the learning curve in playing that character. I see only positive benefits coming from this change and would streamline with the rest of Trions changes to allow us to experience more of their content including character classes. It will help min maxers like myself to use our alts instead of them collecting dust most of the time while we only play one character or get bored and decide to log. This has nothing to do with entitlement, it's just a nice suggestion to the game and if it goes then good, but either way it's not a deal breaker. Some people PLAY games to have fun, while others see it as a job that you need to grind through. Remember this is a game and was created to have fun guys and you pay already to play it, not the other way around. If you want to grind moar go get a job IRL or another job where you can build reputation for 2 separate bosses instead of it being account bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Intercede View Post
    A linked PA system across your account would promote people to play their other toons
    The other toons are exaclty that, other toons. They are not one character
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

Just to put the "content tuned around PA" rumors to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    In equivalent Infernal Dawn gear (note that none of these numbers include PAs), the Warrior has 21635 health while the Justicar has 20753. That's 4.08% less.

If you add in PAs, at tier 3, that difference can widen another 3% or so due to the difference between the way Gifts and MoL work. Is that something we're super thrilled about? Not particularly. However, it's not something we plan to address at this time. The dungeon guys have been balancing Infernal Dawn around the lowest possible tank HP as a result (which was previously Riftstalkers, though that will be changing slightly).

Riftstalkers are getting some last minute tweaks to bring them in line with the others. I can't really speak much for them due to the fact that some changes are still in progress and may not end up actually happening. However, in the end, the desire is that you can take any of the 3 tanking callings to Infernal Dawn and progress equally well.
    Thing is, a lot of people ITT knew this already.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 04-10-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    No.

This would have the affect that I have no need to play alts.

I would still have the choice to play them, I have that now. But my alts getting stronger while not even logged in is counter productive in an incentive to play them. While I play them for fun and for progression, taking the progression need to play away is a wrong move.

Silly suggestion is silly, from people who can't see further in a game than min/maxing to every extreme possible. You don't want to play your alts because your main could get a couple of extra stats? That is your choice and your problem, a problem created by yourself.

Does this smack of hypocrisy? Maybe it does, but the fact remains that what we have now works for some and not for others, it's what we have, it's the status quo, the norm. The suggestion is to switch that around when again the system will work for some and not for others. Suggestions are poorly thought out when that is the case.
    I'm with Anuhart. There is a disturbing trend on these forums from some people posting about making various aspects of the game easier. This is a problem. It is also what hurt other games that catered to this mentality. You choose whether you want to play your alts or your main. You choose what is most important to you and we all operate under the same rules in the game so the only advantage someone really has is how much he or she can actually play the game. Do not make planar attunement account based. If you really care about your alts you will play them. If you care more about your main you will play that. Stop expecting the game to change to cater to you when you just don't feel like putting in the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by kazham View Post
    would give ppl a chance to swap class easyier if they are sick and tired of being there class
    Or they could just use the /camp option and change toons.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Or they could just use the /camp option and change toons.

Now, now, there is no room for logic on this thread!

Trion, please do not "chip away" at the game, a little bit at a time, making it easier to get things just because someone wants it, and wants it NOW! The game will be full of bad eggs that need to go down the chute!

It's already way too easy to get to endgame. 2 weeks solo to 50. Hand everyone everything their first 50 already has and what do you get?

Pre-made characters. Not an MMORPG.

You might as well just get rid of all the faction grinds. And leveling. And just start handing out /50 for insta characters ready to go through endgame, which is already struggling to be more robust and stay ahead of the raiders. Oh, and please throw in relics. No point in grinding in a raid instance on another character, when your main has already done it once.

Oh, and one more thing, please make all achievements account bound. And their rewards.

Might as well throw those in too.
    What came out of this (WoW) is a subculture of raiders -- no one who had raided in previous games -- boors who can't even spell noblesse oblige, much less explain what it means.

I want the boors off my server. The raiders I'm fine with. It's the boors I want gone.

PA is just a LITTLE plus, so, why not?

its totally different from Favor and Prestige.

It wont decress the amount of people queuing for dungeons or whatever, we will still do T2 with our alts, we will still play with them, and even more.

The only thing that we wont do is FARM PA with them, which we dont do, and we are never going to.

Or give us an option to copy it to an alt, with a price per PA Level, like 1 Plat per level, or something like that.

EX: My main has 400 PA Level, if i want to "copy" the PA level from my main to ONE of my alt, it would coast 400p

If i want just 200 PA level to my alt, 200p
    Last edited by totinhas; 04-10-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    Shh, no tears, only dreams now.

PA is just a LITTLE plus, so, why not?

its totally different from Favor and Prestige.

It wont decress the amount of people queuing for dungeons or whatever, we will still do T2 with our alts, we will still play with them, and even more.

The only thing that we wont do is FARM PA with them, which we dont do, and we are never going to.

Or give us an option to copy it to an alt, with a price per PA Level, like 1 Plat per level, or something like that.

EX: My main has 400 PA Level, if i want to "copy" the PA level from my main to my alt, it would coast 400p

If i want just 200 PA level to my alt, 200p
    Those your bots I see all over the map? How much is the going rate these days for plat?
    Great idea though, shame it was obvious, or ill thought out.

I don't log in anymore.

Those your bots I see all over the map? How much is the going rate these days for plat?
    Great idea though, shame it was obvious, or ill thought out.

>implying raiders dont have 1k+ plat with nothing else to buy/use
    >implying it couldnt be something else like SS/Planarite (which we are cap, and again, with no use)

>implying raiders dont have 1k+ plat with nothing else to buy/use
    >implying it couldnt be something else like SS/Planarite (which we are cap, and again, with no use)
    Implying that not everybody has plat, I know it's weird, but there are people who don't.
    There are people who would do anything to have stats capped as much as possible, RL wealth is as diverse if not more than in game wealth.

You can trade planarite and SS to alts already, you can trade them for XP already.

I don't log in anymore.

Implying that not everybody has plat, I know it's weird, but there are people who don't.
    There are people who would do anything to have stats capped as much as possible, RL wealth is as diverse if not more than in game wealth.

You can trade planarite and SS to alts already, you can trade them for XP already.

If you dont have plat, farm it, you can probabaly get 5p+ on a single T2
    you can get 5p+ for each Chronicles
    You can "farm" artifacts and sell them for 20p+ easily
    You can craft itens, flasks, pot, runes, stone
    etc etc

You are not going to BUY PA levels, you are just going to COPY it frorm your main to your alt.

_______

12k Planarite for 50k XP
    20 SS for 100k XP

You kidding, right?

If you dont have plat, farm it, you can probabaly get 5p+ on a single T2
    you can get 5p+ for each Chronicles
    You can "farm" artifacts and sell them for 20p+ easily
    You can craft itens, flasks, pot, runes, stone
    etc etc

You are not going to BUY PA levels, you are just going to COPY it frorm your main to your alt.

_______

12k Planarite for 50k XP
    20 SS for 100k XP

You kidding, right?
    Dude, don't tell me how to make plat, I don't try and have more now than you are likely to see this year.

This isn't about me, this is about people who don't want to put effort in but want rewards.
    Why do you want to copy PA from your main to your alt? Play your damned alt for crying out loud.

I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast