+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 107
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: PA and the problem most people face..make it account wide already.

  1. #16
    General of Telara Hawkmoon0028's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    New artifact set in game.
    Twisted: Planar Attunement Threads
    It appears that in another reality, PA was handled quite differently on Telara.

    Nerf Group Experience
    Why Am I Forced to Group For PA?
    Akylios, How to Earn 5PA/hr
    Alts? Oh yeah, I do have. Somewhere
    20 Man Dunes Zerg Video
    PA and the Problem Most People Face...

    Reward; Collectible Book: PA and the Problem Most People Face...
    This book describes how people were unhappy with account wide PA in a different timeline.
    Requires lvl 13.
    (Click to Read)

    I would love to see this in 1.7

    Oh, and @ OP: No.
    Last edited by Hawkmoon0028; 01-22-2012 at 10:46 AM.

    Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

  2. #17
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I will be forward about this.

    PA experience needs to be account wide, i could play an alt, but i cant.

    (1) PA in Rift, is too good to not take, i mean..6.4 extra DPS, extra stats, extra planar charges etc.

    (2) I will admit i am mostly a raid logger, but when i am online, i am forced to spend my time on my main, mostly because if i dont, my PA will never increase, therefor my char gets weaker and weaker.

    (3) This is a problem.

    (4) Would love to see PA to be account wide, and the XP you gain counts for all characters, so you can play an alt and still gain XP, without gimping your main...
    (1) Not really. Except for the planar charges (which come really early), neither of the stats are gamechanging

    (2) This is just untrue. Your character doesnt become weaker if you dont play on it. That is simply not true.

    (3) I disagree

    (4) I disagree, mainly because you are already rewarded enough for making alts. Considering each character has their own bonus experience and vials, PA experience would go through the roof.

  3. #18
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potis;3545228
    [B
    I will admit i am mostly a raid logger[/B], but when i am online, i am forced to spend my time on my main, mostly because if i dont, my PA will never increase, therefor my char gets weaker and weaker.
    There are your problems right there. Log in more to play alts if you want to that much. The second pretty sure no one forces you to play any other way then the way you want to.

  4. #19
    Plane Walker Mayuko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    429

    Default

    PA should never be account wide. That's like XP or crafting skills being account wide. If you want the bonus of the PA system, you've got to dedicate the time to achieving it.

    You don't get a job and just whine and whine to your boss until he promotes you and gives you more money, you work your *** off until you get it.
    Last edited by Mayuko; 01-22-2012 at 11:13 AM.

  5. #20
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Really getting tired of PA whiners.

    Yes if you have it maxed it's a measurable bonus of dps. Anyone who's whining probably doesn't have it maxed. Play the way you want and don't be so damn obsessed with numbers for every little thing. Min/maxing has it's place, but fun comes first.

    PEBKAC
    Whambam - Defiant Warrior - Deepwood

  6. #21
    Prophet of Telara Torvaldr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I will be forward about this.

    Raid Gear needs to be account wide, i could play an alt, but i cant.

    Raid Gear in Rift, is too good to not take, i mean..96.4 extra DPS, extra stats, extra skill procs and buffs etc.

    I will admit i am mostly a raid logger, but when i am online, i am forced to spend my time on my main, mostly because if i dont, my raid gear will never increase, therefor my char gets weaker and weaker.

    This is a problem.

    Would love to see raid gear to be account wide, and the blue gear, plaques, and lesser marks you gain counts for all characters, so you can play an alt and still be over-geared, without gimping your main...
    My changes are in orange. Do you see the problem here with your logic and solution? The same could be said about crafting or anything else.

    I can relate. As I'm gearing up my main any time I spend leveling up my alt means I'm not earning marks for my main or advancing him in some way. The more I progress my alt the less I progress my main and other guild members (read especially the dedicated raiders) are progressing past me and my dps will lag behind them somewhat. I do feel the dilemma, but I can't agree with your solution.

    At some though you're still good enough to complete the content even if you're not "maxed". If your guild is demanding more than that (max dps/hps/mitigation) and doesn't have room for you to be good enough and still work on alts, then you either need to accept that they are alt-unfriendly or they need to change. If their primary focus is top end raid only, then you need to accept that or move on. I doubt they will all change their focus unless they too are in the same situation.

  7. #22
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Sigh, of course my post gets hammered by people that do not understand how the game works.

    I will explain it as easily as i can, in Grade 5 Math, yes i went that way.

    I want to play my alt Warrior, i wanna level my mage, then few times i log on.

    I cant do any of those because i need to play on my main.

    I know you people dont understand how important PA is, cause probably you arent raiders, good for you.

    PA can give up to 60 Endurance i think? Thats ~600 HP, insane to make most of the mechanics of a fight trivial.

    PA adds 6.4 Weapon DPS, thats over 400 DPS itself just by taking it, its literally 1 tier ahead, meaning if you are wearing a HK relic you are wearing an Infernal Dawn item already by the PA you have, meaning you are ahead of the game 6 months, and its gonna be the same when Infernal Dawn releases.

    It also gives resistances and many other things.

    PA is very strong because Trion failed and made it this way they could have made it 100% fluff, but instead its 5% fluff and 95% really important stats.

    I know some of you dont care, but i know there are others like me, in my guild also that do, they dont log on their alts anymore until they meet a certain PA goal they set themselves, people get bored even more.

    I am not asking for anything crazy, i want to play the game but i cant.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

  8. #23
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Nah, sorry potis, it's you who doesn't understand how this GAME works.

    You choose to not PLAY alts because you just can't stand that the time you are WORKING on them you could be WORKING on your main.



    There's three different capitalised words in my post, give them some thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

  9. #24
    Ascendant Europe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    There are a lot of misinformed people here. Basically, it comes down to the fact that PA is becoming important for endgame progression. It's become an arms race: if you don't have enough PA, you won't be able to do the newest content. That is, if you do not grind the PAs, you do not get to do the hardest and most fun stuff.

    Many players feel as though they should not NEED to farm PA endlessly in order to do endgame content. It's keeping them from doing other fun things they want to do, like playing alts. They just want to have fun, and they're also realizing that the alts they WANT to play will be useless for the really fun content for a really long time. That's not fun either.

    Many of you are interpreting it as, "I want this optional feature to apply to my other characters." It's really "I want this mandatory endgame feature to not lock me out of ever playing another character again."

    You might say, "Oh, the new changes will fix this!" They will not. You will still need 350 PA points to max out your weapon hexes as a warrior. That's a long way to go on an alt character, upwards of 100 hours after 50. The problem still exists.
    Last edited by Europe; 01-22-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

  10. #25
    Shield of Telara Duvain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    780

    Default Using "Most people" in a thread title does not make it a fact.

    If you choose to enjoy raiding, great I hope you really enjoy it. Be aware you are competing with some very fine competitive raiders.

    If you are bored or feel pressured into only playing your main due to "their" superior PA gains, that is not good.

    IMHO, OP, The solution you offer suits you personally but is very bad for many other players, you of course do not appear to care about them or the game itself as you can only see yourself falling behind "them" in the arms race to new content.

    I vote NO to account wide PA. I would not be unhappy with account bound exp crystals as a compromise.

    I strongly doubt MOST people have this issue with PA.
    Last edited by Duvain; 01-22-2012 at 01:56 PM.

  11. #26
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    @ Europe. This isn't true.

    PA is only mandatory for end game content because some people decide it is required. It's not the content that requires it but the people, you are the people, if you don't want it to be mandatory then don't insist that it is.

    If you are OK with that but the people you play with are not, then you are playing with the wrong people. There are plenty more people who don't insist that PA is a requirement.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 01-22-2012 at 01:54 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

  12. #27
    Shield of Telara Duvain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    780

    Default

    A valid post was made while I was writing mine so I have made a second.


    It has been proposed that there is a danger that Dev's will write encounters to challenge fully geared, fully PA'd players, causing trouble for those who have not filled all Hex's, so I propose the following solution;


    BIS item for each class are selected, stats are added to best stats per role, and that becomes the absolute hard cap for that stat.

    While hard capped players (11/11 hk/PR40 fully geared etc) can still earn PA hexes for the future, NONE of the bonuses apply unless you are under a hard cap.

    As new encounters/gear arrives the hard cap is recalculated and applied.



    There you go, PA all fixed, zero reason for an arms race and Devs can make encounters more easily as they have an absolute max stat player to base new encounters around.
    Last edited by Duvain; 01-22-2012 at 02:14 PM.

  13. #28
    Champion Crisson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    575

    Default

    Leave it as it is. I'm not doing PA yet, but the idea of being able to start fresh on another char and have what to do with him. Enough of easy-mode, please.

  14. #29
    Ascendant Europe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    @ Europe. This isn't true.

    PA is only mandatory for end game content because some people decide it is required. It's not the content that requires it but the people, you are the people, if you don't want it to be mandatory then don't insist that it is.

    If you are OK with that but the people you play with are not, then you are playing with the wrong people. There are plenty more people who don't insist that PA is a requirement.
    This is how it works:

    1. the best players get lots of PAs because it increases their power

    2. The developers cannot have the best players beat their content in mere days or it's a PR disaster

    3. The developers balance their content around the best players who have lots of PAs in order to avoid PR disaster

    4. Everyone else who does not have lots of PAs will have a much harder time until the content is nerfed
    ----------------------
    Thus, if you want to do the content pre-nerf, you must farm lots of PAs.
    Last edited by Europe; 01-22-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

  15. #30
    Ascendant Europe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, Michigan
    Posts
    1,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crisson View Post
    Leave it as it is. I'm not doing PA yet, but the idea of being able to start fresh on another char and have what to do with him. Enough of easy-mode, please.
    We'll see what you say when you're on hour 124 of Tidewell Inlet. You'll want to claw your eyes out.
    Last edited by Europe; 01-22-2012 at 02:26 PM.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts