+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Guild Housing will leap Rift above any MMO

Default Guild Housing will leap Rift above any MMO

When a guild reaches a certain level, they can purchase a Guild Castle. You can make it cost 2000 plat. You can also flag various spots within the world of Rift where a castle can be placed. First come first serve. Or you can create an Auction system where guilds can bid for the location of their castle. Within the Guild Castle system, each guild level attained after that they can use the points to purchase things such as

-Guild Banker
    -Personal Banker
    -Vendor
    -Crafting stations
    -Auction House
    -Wall blog where guild members can write messages
    -Instant access portals to GSB, RoS and HK
    -Castle upgrades for better appearance
    -Castle upgrades for a bigger castle
    -Castle upgrades such as a sparring arena
    -Castle upgrades such as an officer only meeting room

Lots of possibilities and in the future you can incorporate PvP battles within the walls of Guild Castles.

Just do it.
    Last edited by Steelwind; 01-06-2012 at 08:21 AM.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

Sounds like EQ. Buffs don't run either in the guild halls. Might have kilt the community though.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Plane Walker

^
    sounds very cool.. especially the part with the instant access to instances
    but making that the new sanctum (being able to do everything and anything you do in sanctum plus more) would be very bad for the community if enough people took advantage of it.. what would this game be without getting random /hugs from people you haven't talked to in a month?

Banned

Waste of time.

Just dust off your old lego if you want to make play houses.

They need to make it something like 10k or 20k plat. Vaults are more expensive than 2k plat. Also, they should introduce professions in crafting to craf things to make it, so it's not just a collect plat thing.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

ABSOLUTELY! A few things though:
    Sounds like EQ.
    Really? were gonna say everything that was ever done anywhere sounds like eq2 or wow now? get over it. All movies look like flashcards.

2. Big fan of open world placement. I particularly liked the vanguard implementation, where you pick a lot, and you have to craft it, and it takes a LONG time and a LOT of stuff to do, but its awesome.

3. Just do it, its a common meeting place and its missing.

PS we have nothing left to spend money on, and all but 4-6 guild perks suck. This is a great way to fix both.

Ascendant

im in general disagreement with the whole idea here. while some of the things sound great, ive seen what it can do first hand. if you ever played EQ2 then you know the cost of this kinda thing. they had guild houses too.

basically instead of ppl hanging around the main city every will be parked in their guilds house. i mean why should they go anywhere else? they have everything they need. this kinda thing makes cities appear to be ghost towns and ppl dont like that. they want to feel like there are others around them.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Heh given the state of 50 chat on my server there are alot of times when I'd rather just have my guild around me.

Anyway, housing is a great idea IMO and it should not only be costly but also rank based, meaning higher rank = better house.

I think they should also implement a cloak/guild emblem colors system so you can wear them, fly them on your housing and the top ranked guilds on the server should get their colors flown in the capital cities.
    Violalee/Staggerlee/RamblinRose
    Jaded Legacy Guild Rank 20 4/4 DH, 4/4 GP 5/5 GSB 4/4 ROS (conq.) 4/4 ROTP 10/11 HK 2/4 PF
    Shatterbone Guardians

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    im in general disagreement with the whole idea here. while some of the things sound great, ive seen what it can do first hand. if you ever played EQ2 then you know the cost of this kinda thing. they had guild houses too.

basically instead of ppl hanging around the main city every will be parked in their guilds house. i mean why should they go anywhere else? they have everything they need. this kinda thing makes cities appear to be ghost towns and ppl dont like that. they want to feel like there are others around them.
    I don't agree with this. When I log on I'm either out raiding or doing dailies. I'm not in Sanctum. The majority of players that hang out in Sanctum are afk. Take out my idea of adding crafting vendors and Auctioneers in Guild Castles problem fixed. Players are mostly running around Sanctum to respec, buy pvp gear, parse on dummies, craft or viewing the auction house. There's nothing you can do to keep a city from being a ghost town. That notion is derived from lack of server population.
    Last edited by Steelwind; 01-06-2012 at 09:08 AM.
    Steelwind Guardian Warrior
    DIVINE FURY Guild Laethys Server 4/4 TotDQ 4/4 FT 4/5 EE
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Riftblade Guide
    Storm Legion 2.2 61 Tempest Guide

I think this could be a good idea if they don't put everything offered by capital cities in them. I think that they should include...

-Guild Bank
    -Looms/Workbenches/Etc. for crafting
    -Training Dummies
    -Instant access portals to any raid that your guild has already completed.
    -Weapon/Armor/General Goods Vendors
    -Tavern

Everything else would require you to go to a capital city.

And make them cost 10k or 20k plat instead of 2k. Make having a guild hall/castle a big achievement, something only the biggest and best guilds have.

I also think it would be neat if you could lay siege to enemy guild castles (Defiants could siege Guardian guild castles, and vice versa), and have massive GvG battles in the guild castles. Achieving victory over an enemy guild would give everyone in the guild a buff that's always active, while losing to an enemy guild gives you a debuff that's always active. Once a week, guild castles will be reset and all buffs/debuffs from victories and losses will be cleared. Also, guilds have a choice as to whether or not they can be sieged on PvE shards; the enemy guild has to challenge your guild to a battle and you choose whether to accept or decline. On PvP shards, enemies could just attack your guild castle whenever they please.

In addition, there could be Rift invasions on your guild castle, too, for the more PvE-inclined players.

Wolfsbane
    Benadictus - 50 Cleric (Duracell/Wardinel/Inquis/Druid)

i like the idea. we asked for it in other games forever and never got it. Rift would be taking a step forward by offering it.

the housing thing was awesome in final fantasy. it added an entire other element to the game with crafting and giving you a place to call your own when you just want to be left alone.

the guild building would add a new level of socialization to the game for guilds and help promote guilds to be more active.

the whole ghost town thing.. i get that and can agree with it to a certain extent. but adding features that gives players more to to is always a good thing. if you place the right price (high) on opening up looms, work bench, forge and other crafting tools into the guild building you would only be missing out on a small population anyway. the smaller guilds, or less active ones, would still need to go outside to use those features. keep the AH and bank outside to help balance it out.

hopefully the devs have read these suggestions and consider them.
    ~Forged by the crow-mage from shards of darkness~
    ~Honed by the half-breed to vorpal sharpness~

Housing as described here is HIGHLY unlikely. In multiple interviews Hartsman has stated that if it ever comes it will not be easy to get and also have very few if any amenities. He launched guild housing in EQ2 and saw Qeynos and Freeport die virtually over night. He sees functional housing as a detriment to the over all server community. It is also why there are not bankers and AH in every major zone as well (another interview). He wants to basically force people into the cities to keep them feeling "alive".

Here is just one of the multitude of interviews where he addresses the topic. I selected this one because he is sounding the most diplomatic here http://www.riftwatchers.com/2011/03/...n-the-way-out/ . In otgers he is much more dogmatic hence the "eye roll" comment by the interviewer. It's about 1 min 47 secs from the end.

So might we get some sort of housing? Yeah. At this same time I think it is pretty clear NO amentities. Just look at the guild perks and dummies in the court yard. These are all EQ2 guild hall amenities implemented without the guild hall because he sees what he implemented in EQ2 as a mistake.
    Last edited by Galibier; 01-06-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

I personally wouldn't want valuable development time spent on fluff like this.
    Greybriar: Rikko (Warrior) / Mizcreant (Rogue) - Defiant

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwind View Post
    Guild Housing will leap Rift above any MMO
    You mean apart from those other games which have had this for a long time?

Soulwalker

2 words.... Castle Sieges

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast