+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Why is there not any way to transfer Marks/Plaques to other toons on same account?

Plane Walker

Default Why is there not any way to transfer Marks/Plaques to other toons on same account?

I am wondering if it would be a big issue to say allow Marks/Plaques gear sent to other toons?

All gear(Marks/Plaques) is bind on pick up, you could make it Bind on Pickup and usable on the account that paid for it.
    This would stop people from selling gear but allows you to play other toons.
    I'm talking PVE but PVP could also be added.

Thoughts people?
    Last edited by Wytchblades; 01-03-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Rift Disciple

It would be a nice feature for sure.

You're asking to be able to take a fresh 50 toon and have him fully HK geared the same day just by transferring marks from another toon?

No thanks.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    You're asking to be able to take a fresh 50 toon and have him fully HK geared the same day just by transferring marks from another toon?

No thanks.
    It's not like you didn't earn those marks with your own time and effort, right?

Ascendant

No thanks.

you EARNED them, what the hell does it matter?

Plane Walker

No thanks.
    Time spent is time spent. What does it hurt?
    My Toon, My toon, My account.

It's not like im trying to sale the gear.

Why would you want this you ask? Lets see

Clerics are in short supply. You level one. Now how long still this new toon is HK ready?
    I an be ready if I have extra Marks (ha!) laying around to outfit a new toon.

It not it may be a long time.
    Last edited by Wytchblades; 01-03-2012 at 01:55 PM.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Wytchblades View Post
    Time spent is time spent. What does it hurt?
    My Toon, My toon, My account.

It's not like im trying to sale the gear.

Why would you want this you ask? Lets see

Clerics are in short supply. You level one. Now how long still this new toon is HK ready?
    I an be ready if I have extra Marks (ha!) laying around to outfit a new toon.

It not it may be a long time.
    When you get 1 toon geared up then you wont ever have to go through the lesser content, meaning less people will be doing it so for the people trying to gear up the first time, it'll be a lot harder for them to find a group doing them since 3/4ths of the people will already be fully geared as soon as they hit 50.

Sure it would be easier for you, but for the people just starting out it would make the time it takes them to gear up much much longer.
    Last edited by Robes; 01-03-2012 at 02:13 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Rift Disciple

When you get 1 toon geared up then you wont ever have to go through the lesser content, meaning less people will be doing it so for the people trying to gear up the first time, it'll be a lot harder for them to find a group doing them since 3/4ths of the people will already be fully geared as soon as they hit 50.

Sure it would be easier for you, but for the people just starting out it would make the time it takes them to gear up much much longer.
    Forcing a veteran player who knows all the dungeons and raids inside out and knows how to play their character to re-run all those dungeons simply to speed along the LFG queue for new players is a regressive mechanic.

In my case I geared up my mage and geared up my warrior running dungeons. I don't need to grind out dozens of instances to learn how to play my cleric, I just need gear.

I would actually flip this argument and say that without forcing veteran players to rerun old content simply to gear up you increase the difficulty of the dungeons for new players. There will be less experience in the room and people will have to work harder to learn the mechanics themselves. The new players will be working to earn their gear - the guy on his 3rd or 4th class who has already earned the currency should be able to skip it.

That is no different than transferring a few hundred plat from your main to an alt and buying crafted pieces. You earned it and should be able to use it on whichever character you choose.

Champion

Trion has already given raid geared people an incentive to do T2 experts, the next logical step seems to be to give HK geared people an incentive to do T1 raids.

Another issue with your argument is although less people gearing alts would make it harder for new raiders to get into T1 raids, what's going to happen when we get a T3 level of raids? And a T4 level? You don't think that would stop people from gearing alts? How are new raiders going to get into raiding then?
    Last edited by Cammyle; 01-03-2012 at 02:24 PM.

I got:
    1205 PoA
    781 MoA
    4 pieces of HK gear and gaining GMoA (don't know how much I'll "need", got R8 gear as well)
    on my main.

I got 3 lvl 50 alts I'd love to see better geared (one at the time of course).

But still, no thanks to being able to trade them! Instead give us something to spend them on

Telaran

The only way I could see this working is for the currency your transferring to be locked until you've cleared all content that it's originally ment to come from on that toon. Otherwise your going to have players running around in full hk epic gear who've yet to see the content whether it be from not trying to progress to it or simply not caring to raid. I'm sorry I stand by the concept of players not deserving raid gear if they can't do the content required to get the currency.

You can have 6 characters per server meaning you can get 1greater mark per t2, 2 if you get lucky from the bonus, 2x7x6 = 84 greater marks a week if you get really lucky not counting the fact you can get several from MMDD the same way which is a twice a week run. Basically meaning you could afford the top epic pieces in a week of solid running. Of course it's your time spent but does that really seem fair to the players who are putting in the effort of running HK and RotP?

Simple answer: NO.

Edit: And as far as raids progressing to the next tier and players being behind, join a guild that raids or wants to raid. Personnally in my guild I could care less if I was in HK/Rotp, my tank is practically ready for it, and I'd still run players in my guild through normals/t1s/t2s/ and t1 raid.
    Last edited by Valest; 01-03-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Valest View Post

Simple answer: NO.

Youre still doing the content..why does it matter? Do you only take dungeon tokens when you do T2s? I HIGHLY DOUBT IT
    Last edited by Zoam; 01-03-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cammyle View Post
    Trion has already given raid geared people an incentive to do T2 experts, the next logical step seems to be to give HK geared people an incentive to do T1 raids.

Another issue with your argument is although less people gearing alts would make it harder for new raiders to get into T1 raids, what's going to happen when we get a T3 level of raids? And a T4 level? You don't think that would stop people from gearing alts? How are new raiders going to get into raiding then?
    that's only going to work for so long though. give it another few patches and going to need to hand out super duper marks of ascension and 500k xp to get people to run them.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Cammyle View Post
    It's not like you didn't earn those marks with your own time and effort, right?
    Going to agree with this 100%. If you earned it, you earned it. What character it's on shouldn't matter. This is what I love about games that don't use bound items -- if I farm up the top gear and reroll, I can trade it to the new character so I don't have to repeat the process again.

Telaran

I like this, I am trying to get my alts on full HK clears, but raider leader is always complaning.

Why do I always have the feeling its the baddies that arent even 11/11HK putting silly restrictions on nice features?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast