+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 48
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Why is there not any way to transfer Marks/Plaques to other toons on same account?

  1. #16
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Anything to encourage people start making alts. Id still love to see some service to change your class still. More Instant Adventures in lower level zones like Stonefield etc.
    Last edited by June; 01-04-2012 at 12:56 AM.

  2. #17
    Plane Touched Azreell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    When you get 1 toon geared up then you wont ever have to go through the lesser content, meaning less people will be doing it so for the people trying to gear up the first time, it'll be a lot harder for them to find a group doing them since 3/4ths of the people will already be fully geared as soon as they hit 50.

    Sure it would be easier for you, but for the people just starting out it would make the time it takes them to gear up much much longer.
    You are under the assumption Rift is getting enough new players for this to be a concern.

    Here is a hint - they are not.

    My suggestion at this stage in the game is work on keeping your current player base. When and IF this ever becomes an issue because you do have enough new players coming in (god I wish that was a problem we would have) - then you can make adjustments as necessary.

    This is a good idea all around and give's players a reason to log onto there main more then a few times a week for a raid.
    "That's all we expect of man, this side the grave: his good is - knowing he is bad."

  3. #18
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Thanks for the support and the discussion.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

  4. #19
    Rift Master Pope Zaphod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Here's another reason to go through the content on a new toon: new roles mean new responsibilities.

    Say I've taken my Rogue through GSB and now I'm taking my Mage through. Suddenly, I don't have to interrupt mobs anymore, but I may have to use my Archon to Power Drain Hylas when he's going to do a Soul Fracture. The fights are different based on the toon I'm using, and the skills I need to utilize need to be honed for each fight and each toon. I personally wouldn't want to hit new content without being able to play my toon well, and one of the best ways to ensure that is to go through known content first.

    Granted, none of this is a guarantee that people actually know their toons, but it gives them an opportunity to at least.

  5. #20
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    Here's another reason to go through the content on a new toon: new roles mean new responsibilities.

    Say I've taken my Rogue through GSB and now I'm taking my Mage through. Suddenly, I don't have to interrupt mobs anymore, but I may have to use my Archon to Power Drain Hylas when he's going to do a Soul Fracture. The fights are different based on the toon I'm using, and the skills I need to utilize need to be honed for each fight and each toon. I personally wouldn't want to hit new content without being able to play my toon well, and one of the best ways to ensure that is to go through known content first.

    Granted, none of this is a guarantee that people actually know their toons, but it gives them an opportunity to at least.
    If a character has leveled to 50 they should have a basic idea of how their character works and what the abilities do. Its actually worse for a dps mage deciding to try out healing, or a rogue deciding to try out tanking. They still know the fights, know the tactics, but now the whole raid is looked at form a different perspective, and a role they haven't done before. How many people have leveled to 50 using one role, and as soon as they got there got brand new raiding roles that they have no idea about. I would imagine that any player will run a few instances until they are happy they can play a new role, but to have a main sitting with 1k plaques while constantly running instances with an alt because they need plaques....

    Now if people start saying I've already leveled to 50, so let me have all the other classes at 50 without having to level them... then we have a problem.
    Last edited by simples; 01-04-2012 at 08:51 AM.

  6. #21
    Rift Chaser akbalser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    Here's another reason to go through the content on a new toon: new roles mean new responsibilities.

    Say I've taken my Rogue through GSB and now I'm taking my Mage through. Suddenly, I don't have to interrupt mobs anymore, but I may have to use my Archon to Power Drain Hylas when he's going to do a Soul Fracture. The fights are different based on the toon I'm using, and the skills I need to utilize need to be honed for each fight and each toon. I personally wouldn't want to hit new content without being able to play my toon well, and one of the best ways to ensure that is to go through known content first.

    Granted, none of this is a guarantee that people actually know their toons, but it gives them an opportunity to at least.
    you make a very valid point here. and i agree. I am not raiding yet but we are working on gearing players up as they hit 50 to do so my husband's cleric is fully t2 geared and comes on t1s with me to help. i have 3 50s but i love my support mage best. i am working on gearing her. sure transferring my plaques of achievements off my all to chars would make it easier and faster to get to knew content but if i suddenly failed somewhere because i skipped something i would feel like i was cheating my party/raid. if you choose to level multiple toons to 50 they should all go through the same process of progression

    The Omniscient- PR MANAGER
    ARCHON MAGE (BY CHOICE)
    4/4 DH,GP,ROTP 5/5 GSB, ROS 5/11 HK

  7. #22
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valest View Post
    You can have 6 characters per server meaning you can get 1greater mark per t2, 2 if you get lucky from the bonus, 2x7x6 = 84 greater marks a week if you get really lucky not counting the fact you can get several from MMDD the same way which is a twice a week run. Basically meaning you could afford the top epic pieces in a week of solid running. Of course it's your time spent but does that really seem fair to the players who are putting in the effort of running HK and RotP?

    If they hadn't put greater marks of ascension in T2 expert this wouldn't have been a problem. Even if you only have 3 characters that's still about 25 greater marks per week, way too much for experts and unfair to people who do HK.

    If there's a solution to the greater marks from experts then transferring marks between characters wouldn't be a big deal.

    edit: maybe just allow transfer of plaques of achievement and normal marks of ascension, this would let people get alts HK ready faster without trivializing the rewards from HK
    Last edited by Cammyle; 01-04-2012 at 09:26 AM.

  8. #23
    Plane Touched Azreell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Unless I am mistaken , when did farming t2 instances then gsb, gp , ros, rotp then HK become enjoyable after the first few times?

    Now you want me to do it on multiple characters?

    It was brought up a long time ago that at a certain point the gear grind would be to large to really bother starting to play an alt or a new character.

    I've played since beta. I have done every instance this game has to offer more times then I can count.

    I'm not asking for free gear. I have to invest time on my mains to xfer over those points. All people are doing is asking to skip the grind which in the end is nothing more then a time sink. with no benefit to anyone.
    "That's all we expect of man, this side the grave: his good is - knowing he is bad."

  9. #24
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azreell View Post
    Unless I am mistaken , when did farming t2 instances then gsb, gp , ros, rotp then HK become enjoyable after the first few times?

    Now you want me to do it on multiple characters?

    It was brought up a long time ago that at a certain point the gear grind would be to large to really bother starting to play an alt or a new character.

    I've played since beta. I have done every instance this game has to offer more times then I can count.

    I'm not asking for free gear. I have to invest time on my mains to xfer over those points. All people are doing is asking to skip the grind which in the end is nothing more then a time sink. with no benefit to anyone.
    You're forgetting that this isn't just about transferring marks to alts, you would also easily be able to transfer marks to your main. Which means that if plaque/mark transfer is implemented, along with the recent update allowing people to get a few greater marks per week from doing T2 experts, people would be able to farm T2 experts on alts in order to give greater marks to their main. This is the opposite of why people want this feature in the first place. Gearing alts is fine, letting people farm low end content on alts to power up their main will completely trivialize the top tier of raiding in this game.

    So unless there's a counter-measure for transferring the highest end marks farmed on alts to someones main, this feature would hurt the game a lot more than it would help.

  10. #25
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cammyle View Post
    You're forgetting that this isn't just about transferring marks to alts, you would also easily be able to transfer marks to your main. Which means that if plaque/mark transfer is implemented, along with the recent update allowing people to get a few greater marks per week from doing T2 experts, people would be able to farm T2 experts on alts in order to give greater marks to their main. This is the opposite of why people want this feature in the first place. Gearing alts is fine, letting people farm low end content on alts to power up their main will completely trivialize the top tier of raiding in this game.

    So unless there's a counter-measure for transferring the highest end marks farmed on alts to someones main, this feature would hurt the game a lot more than it would help.
    Good point. But then who would make 5 alts to send to one main? Some would to get to end content quicker.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

  11. #26
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wytchblades View Post
    Good point. But then who would make 5 alts to send to one main? Some would to get to end content quicker.
    Who wouldn't if it means 10+ greater marks per week per character? Oh and you can also easily get greater marks off the first 2 bosses in RotP and the golems because there's no real dps requirements, can easily be done in an hour or so.

    It only takes a few days to level an alt to 50. If you raid HK 3 nights per week you have 4 days to level an alt, won't take longer than 2 weeks of off and on playing to get to 50, once you hit for just transfer your T1 raid marks/exper plaques for gear, and farm T2s.

    Many people already have 2 or 3 alts, with 4 characters you can get from 28 to 56 greater marks PER WEEK, that's almost as much as I get clearing 10 bosses in HK per week and only takes a small fraction of the effort, especially considering most guilds aren't 10/11 HK. And if you can get greater marks on your main this easily why even bother raiding anymore?

  12. #27
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cammyle View Post
    Who wouldn't if it means 10+ greater marks per week per character? Oh and you can also easily get greater marks off the first 2 bosses in RotP and the golems because there's no real dps requirements, can easily be done in an hour or so.

    It only takes a few days to level an alt to 50. If you raid HK 3 nights per week you have 4 days to level an alt, won't take longer than 2 weeks of off and on playing to get to 50, once you hit for just transfer your T1 raid marks/exper plaques for gear, and farm T2s.

    Many people already have 2 or 3 alts, with 4 characters you can get from 28 to 56 greater marks PER WEEK, that's almost as much as I get clearing 10 bosses in HK per week and only takes a small fraction of the effort, especially considering most guilds aren't 10/11 HK. And if you can get greater marks on your main this easily why even bother raiding anymore?
    Easy enough, don't let Greater Marks transfer till next level of content. Just like a Random T1 gives2 marks and T2 gives same 2 Marks or 1 GM. As it stands now I dont think anyone would level 4 to send 28 GM to the main but hey it could happen.

    Keep the ideas flowing!
    Last edited by Wytchblades; 01-05-2012 at 05:26 AM.
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

  13. #28
    Sword of Telara Zahne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    895

    Default

    I think all marks and plaques should be account bound and sharable between characters on that account. The argument that you couldn't play "New toons as well" doesn't hold water.

    If you are good enough to clear HK, you are not going to have any issues picking up a second class and playing it properly. If you are simply sharing plaques, who cares?

    The point is these marks and plaques have already been earned, and the time investment has already been made. Why force people to repeat the grind they've already done?

    It will encourage more playing as people now have more of a reason to bring out mains to do older content to gear up alts. At the end of the day, you'll find it easier to group and you'll find more people to play with.
    Greybriar: Rikko (Warrior) / Mizcreant (Rogue) - Defiant

  14. #29
    Sword of Telara Zahne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wytchblades View Post
    Easy enough, don't let Greater Marks transfer till next level of content.

    Greater marks drop from T2's and Master mode now. Where are all my Greater Marks I missed out on for the past year? I have 1400 Plaques and hundreds of Marks sitting around doing nothing. It would actually give me a reason to level alts if I could transfer these to other toons.

    Seeing as Greater Marks drop from everything now, I don't see any reason to exclude them.
    Greybriar: Rikko (Warrior) / Mizcreant (Rogue) - Defiant

  15. #30
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    It's not like you didn't earn those marks with your own time and effort, right?
    It's not like you can't earn them on the relevant toons with your own time and effort, right?

    you EARNED them, what the hell does it matter?
    Then, why didn't you earn them on the other toons?

    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts