+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Is it possible to add a baby as a companion?

Rift Chaser

Default Is it possible to add a baby as a companion?

Ok, here is the deal, I'm trying to role-play pretty hardcore, and i got like a role-play family with my role-play wives and junk. I mean, as a man, of course I want some role-play kids. So I was thinking, it would be so badass if you could add a baby as a companion. Just so I could take him on adventures and stuff. Just have all kinds of babies too for like if different races mate with each other. I really think this idea would separate this game from the pack, and really bring something new to the table.

Just ask a friend to roll a dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nam19771 View Post
    Just ask a friend to roll a dwarf.
    Oh dear how I LOL'd

Just join LFD, you should get at leat 1 out of 4
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

Just... just no. Please no.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Quote Originally Posted by Andre1 View Post
    Ok, here is the deal, I'm trying to role-play pretty hardcore, and i got like a role-play family with my role-play wives and junk. I mean, as a man, of course I want some role-play kids. So I was thinking, it would be so badass if you could add a baby as a companion. Just so I could take him on adventures and stuff. Just have all kinds of babies too for like if different races mate with each other. I really think this idea would separate this game from the pack, and really bring something new to the table.

They may be cute and cuddly, but this Yuletide, don't let the allure of an adorable baby cause you to make a big mistake. The Cartoon Society of Digital County says cartoon babies don't make good Yultide stocking gifts, especially for kids.

“Having a baby, regardless of the type of race, is a huge responsibility that requires doing some research beforehand,” said executive director Ima Gainstit. “Players sometimes forget that small things like cartoon babies require just as much care as dailies, leaving these young ones to suffer and face neglect.”

At Yultide, cartoon societies across the U.S. are overflowed with babies bought on a whim. Players often don't think about how much love, affection and preparation the digitized infants require before getting one. Many times, according to the Cartoon Society of Digital County, babies are set free in dungeons and cannot survive; so before purchasing a pint-size cartoon, here are some tips:

•Digitized infants, like most events pets, require regular veterinary exams and should be spayed or neutered.

•They need regular nail trims and chew toys to keep their teeth filed down.

•Player contact is important for babies and they should have playtime outside of your backpack.

•Babies bought for Yultide typically end up dying within a few weeks of the holiday due to stress, broken bones from accidentally dropping or squeezing them and/or improper care and diet.

• Remember, that adorable little infant that fits in the bottom of your backpack will soon be a full-grown NPC.

•If you think you’re prepared to take on the responsibility of owning a new digital infant, be prepared to handle all of the above and then some. Otherwise; it may be a better idea to stick with pretend pets and/or guildmates this Yultide.
    *My guild was looking (in Rift) for engaging, meaningful additional outdoor endgame that is inclusive, dynamic, community-oriented, scaling, and strategic -- Real outdoor, persistent-world challenges that require thought, strategy, and cooperation.*
    Outdoor RvE for both PvE & PvP

RIFT Fan Site Operator Redhawks's Avatar

Honestly, I love your idea. However, some sicko will take what you are using as a cute role-playing mechanic and do terrible unspeakable things also in the name of role-playing that would make us want to call Chris Hansen.

the infant companion should only be attainable after having consummated your role-play relationship in the presence of a GM to ensure validity

I'll never understand how some people can take "role-playing game" to such an extreme level... but to each his own I guess...

PR NIGHTMARE for rift.

Entire team is babies!

Shadowlander

Yeah... I can see it now...

"Welcome home honey....um... where's the baby?"

"funny story about that dear... I decided it was high time to take the young lad to Hammerknell and show him the old Dwarven architecture, so I packed up some diapers and formula and off we went. Now... once we got inside you wouldn't BELIEVE the things we saw... it was utterly amazing! I just had to make some sketches for the family album so I sat lil Marvin down in a corner with some toys and got to sketching.... I don't remember how long it was.... I must have gotten carried away and well... you see... I heard the crushing sound of massive meaty mandibles clamping down on brittle baby bones and turned to see a giant beast.... it seems love, that Murdantix has a fondness for toddler flesh.... but it's okay.. we can go collect more snowflakes and make a NEW Marvin!"

You sir have just lost your parent of the year chances... I dare say people like you are the very reason we need Child Protective Services!

yeah and the babies get older as time passes so we can have fun dress/undressing them and junk

If we get babies we also need an abortion clinic
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    If we get babies we also need an abortion clinic
    Oh Lordy... would it mean that we will also have some players with picket signs at the abortion clinics and KOS whoever goes in and out of the clinic? Oh the pvp horror ...
    Drank at Conqueronline, Vanguard, AOC, WAR and AION. Currently collecting meh Beers at Rift! aka (Killforbeers)
    WHERE'S MEH BEERS !!
    Here meh 2 cents - Keep da change ya filthy animal...
    Nice day fer Murda

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast