+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shared bank slot for an account

This isn't EQ or LOTR.........
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow Bro View Post
    This isn't EQ or LOTR.........
    That is not a reason that is a troll. An objective reason as to why this should not be implemented would be appreciated.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    That is not a reason that is a troll. An objective reason as to why this should not be implemented would be appreciated.
    It is that way because it is. Seriously, if you want those things go play those games. Over 8 months and doing fine here

Forgot to add, keep posting about because it will happen. They did it with content nerfs, dismount nerfs, class nerfs. I have my bucket waiting

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

This is already on the list of stuff we'd like to do at some point

The database back-end for Rift is built around making character level stuff really easy to add (one of the reasons why we can add/change stuff so fast), but doing anything that goes cross character has a bunch of extra tech work.
    Last edited by BrianMorin; 11-30-2011 at 05:58 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post

The database back-end for Rift is built around making character level stuff really easy to add (one of the reasons why we can add/change stuff so fast), but doing anything that goes cross character has a bunch of extra tech work.
    Thanks for the feedback, it's good to know. I was sort of wondering why we didn't have cross-character friends lists yet.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

One thing I would like to ask is that Rift does not make gear with stats able to be shared with other characters on your account. Other games have this and it just became a headache during raids.

Quote Originally Posted by p3t3r1 View Post
    One thing I would like to ask is that Rift does not make gear with stats able to be shared with other characters on your account. Other games have this and it just became a headache during raids.
    Account Bound gear?
    "Can you see the flag rising up beyond the smoke
    Of dying authors burning books? Was a problem what they wrote
    The flag is hard to read, all flags look the same
    Covered in the blood of the faithless and insane"
    Operation Ivy - Missionary

Shared storage is one of those things that I wonder why isn't there from the beginning, along with wardrobe and character re-customization. You're going to implement them sooner or later- why not save the players months of inconvenience, waiting, and pleading for these features and just have them in-game upon release?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by DepricatedZero View Post
    Account Bound gear?
    Yes, I think other games called it "Heirloom". Reason I ask for these is that raids then eventually became gearing so and so's 5th alt and we ended up with alot of geared characters who have no idea how to play their class.

Quote Originally Posted by p3t3r1 View Post
    Yes, I think other games called it "Heirloom". Reason I ask for these is that raids then eventually became gearing so and so's 5th alt and we ended up with alot of geared characters who have no idea how to play their class.
    Not familiar with it but it sounds like a terrible idea. I love the account bound costume pieces, but actual raid-level gear would be ridiculous
    "Can you see the flag rising up beyond the smoke
    Of dying authors burning books? Was a problem what they wrote
    The flag is hard to read, all flags look the same
    Covered in the blood of the faithless and insane"
    Operation Ivy - Missionary

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DepricatedZero View Post
    Not familiar with it but it sounds like a terrible idea. I love the account bound costume pieces, but actual raid-level gear would be ridiculous
    It wasn't remotely raid-level; it was just stuff that let you level a bit faster and reach level cap with the equivalent of a couple of decent quest blues, so people levelled faster.

I don't actually think this has anything to do with whether or not people learn to play their class. Someone who's going to be unable to play competently after levelling for two days, but would have been great after four days, is pretty much purely hypothetical.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

General of Telara

Without a doubt a shared bank of some kind would be one of the most useful features I can think of...for me anyway!

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #29

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    Shared storage is one of those things that I wonder why isn't there from the beginning, along with wardrobe and character re-customization. You're going to implement them sooner or later- why not save the players months of inconvenience, waiting, and pleading for these features and just have them in-game upon release?
    Because at some point you need to draw the line on the nice-to-have features, ship the game and pay the bills.

The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game with stuff like this.
    Last edited by BrianMorin; 11-30-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Plane Touched

Because at some point you need to draw the line on the nice-to-have features, ship the game and pay the bills.

The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game with stuff like this.
    QFT and 10 chars

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast