+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Trion, can you add XP to the "raid complete" quests?

Sword of Telara

Default Trion, can you add XP to the "raid complete" quests?

Right now raids give next to no XP.

That should be fixed.

I recommend 250k XP for killing LGS, Alsbeth, Uruluuk, or Hydriss. 500k for Akylios.

Either that, or start giving massively increased XP per boss kill. Like, 40k per boss. Because right now, it just sticks out.

I think the numbers you have suggested are a touch big, perhaps double or triple that of a T2 instance finishing award, after all you do get something out of going beyond the XP no?

Rift Disciple

Considering how hard it is for most guilds to kill even some bosses in GSB / ROS, I would say this would be quite fair. I mean, it is only ONCE A WEEK for each of these. It's just like a weekly quest.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nativus View Post
    I think the numbers you have suggested are a touch big, perhaps double or triple that of a T2 instance finishing award, after all you do get something out of going beyond the XP no?
    They seem big, but you must remember one thing - raids are on a 7 day lockout. With the 40k per boss, you would get 200k from a single GSB.

That's less than half a level.

If we go the Scarn way, you get - again - half a level. Considering you get 100k per Chronicle, and that's on a 24 hour lockout, these numbers seem fine. Especially since you aren't getting jack from them right now.

Sword of Telara

Like, Rising Kain, the major event in Stillmoor, gives 19800 per miniboss.

There are 10 minibosses, and Kain. 13 if you get to Kain and then fail. Though those last 3 would give half XP, so it's really 11.5 minibosses at best.

You get 217k for killing all the minibosses and Kain. Plus 118k for the 20 Marks of Regulos - 5.9k each. Plus 1.1k XP per invasion you stop - and there's a lot of them. You get, on average, 300k XP for Rising Kain.

You're telling me a zone event that happens several times per day, on average, is worth less than killing Lord Greenscale?
    Last edited by Terram; 10-12-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terram View Post
    Like, Rising Kain, the major event in Stillmoor, gives 19800 per miniboss.

There are 10 minibosses, and Kain. 13 if you get to Kain and then fail. Though those last 3 would give half XP, so it's really 11.5 minibosses at best.

You get 217k for killing all the minibosses and Kain. Plus 118k for the 20 Marks of Regulos - 5.9k each. Plus 1.1k XP per invasion you stop - and there's a lot of them. You get, on average, 300k XP for Rising Kain.

You're telling me a zone event that happens several times per day, on average, is worth less than killing Lord Greenscale?
    That makes sense, IF you're looking at the XP values in a vacuum. You can't do that, not everyone gets every mini-boss, and then you've got the other rewards, you get some greens and some sourcestones from a world event; now look at what you get from a raid.

I'm not saying they shouldn't add more XP to raids, but you can't compare it to world events or T1/2s.

Sword of Telara

That makes sense, IF you're looking at the XP values in a vacuum. You can't do that, not everyone gets every mini-boss, and then you've got the other rewards, you get some greens and some sourcestones from a world event; now look at what you get from a raid.

I'm not saying they shouldn't add more XP to raids, but you can't compare it to world events or T1/2s.
    Okay, let's say you play defense the entire time - in which case, I salute you for taking one for the team. If you're on a remotely populated server, you're probably going to wind up killing 50-70 invasions. At 1.1k apiece, you're looking at roughly 66k XP. Add the 4 Crystalized Insights, and you got 100k.

This, of course, is not factoring in the fact that Death's Approach is absolutely STREWN with mobs, each worth a hundred or so XP.

So, again, you're telling me that half a Planar Attunement level for killing the end boss of a raid, which is only doable once a week, is too much? That raiding is worth worlds less than an invasion that can happen multiple times per day?
    Last edited by Terram; 10-12-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Okay, let's say you play defense the entire time - in which case, I salute you for taking one for the team. If you're on a remotely populated server, you're probably going to wind up killing 50-70 invasions. At 1.1k apiece, you're looking at roughly 66k XP. Add the 4 Crystalized Insights, and you got 100k.

This, of course, is not factoring in the fact that Death's Approach is absolutely STREWN with mobs, each worth a hundred or so XP.

So, again, you're telling me that half a Planar Attunement level for killing the end boss of a raid, which is only doable once a week, is too much? That raiding is worth worlds less than an invasion that can happen multiple times per day?
    Again you're looking at XP in a vacuum, the rewards from doing raids are far greater then doing world events or T1/2s, yes I support giving XP, but you can't expect too much.

Personally I'd recommend asking for them to bump the XP value of bosses and trash rather then just asking for a huge hit.

Planar Attunement system was added for solo players to the close the gear gap with raiders, it was not added so raiders could trivialize encounters. Raid EXP should be removed completely, not increased.
    “Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” - Ambrose Redmoon

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kalura View Post
    Planar Attunement system was added for solo players to the close the gear gap with raiders, it was not added so raiders could trivialize encounters. Raid EXP should be removed completely, not increased.
    No, it was added so that, no matter what you're doing, you could advance your character. It wasn't the intention that raiders - or any players - be forced to do content that they didn't want to do if they ever wanted to see PA points. This is not the case right now. Either you pray to the RNG gods that Rising Kain shows up, or you do Chronicles every day.

No, it was added so that, no matter what you're doing, you could advance your character. It wasn't the intention that raiders - or any players - be forced to do content that they didn't want to do if they ever wanted to see PA points. This is not the case right now. Either you pray to the RNG gods that Rising Kain shows up, or you do Chronicles every day.
    Bull.

It might be the case that are optimal methods for gaining experience, but that's always been the way of things. There are optimal methods for gaining gear too (raiding for example), doesn't mean they are the only methods.

Seriously stop bloody grinding and just let it come, do what you want and you'll ding, don't look at that bar, I don't and I get levels just doing what I was doing before the PA system was patched in.

Rift Disciple

Well, HK bosses give 1200 experience.......

Sword of Telara

Bull.

It might be the case that are optimal methods for gaining experience, but that's always been the way of things. There are optimal methods for gaining gear too (raiding for example), doesn't mean they are the only methods.

Seriously stop bloody grinding and just let it come, do what you want and you'll ding, don't look at that bar, I don't and I get levels just doing what I was doing before the PA system was patched in.
    Do you know how little you get for a full clear of GSB? You get, barely, 10% of a level. If you do every tier 1 raid, you will get *maybe* half a level a week.

It's really great that zone events are worth doing again. I'm ecstatic about that. I really am. But "what you're doing" is not what everybody else is doing.
    Last edited by Terram; 10-12-2011 at 09:06 PM.

Do you know how little you get for a full clear of GSB? You get, barely, 10% of a level. If you do every tier 1 raid, you will get *maybe* half a level a week.

It's really great that zone events are worth doing again. I'm ecstatic about that. I really am. But "what you're doing" is not what everybody else is doing.
    So ALL you do is raid? There is NOTHING else in this game that you enjoy?

It seems to me your not complaining about the low level XP in raids, so much as it's not the BEST way to gain XP. Kind of like those people who cry little tears because other people can get a mount/pet/etc that they got.

You don't see me complaining that Artifacts hunting doesn't give much XP, but that's something I enjoy which is why I do it.

If you enjoy raiding it shouldn't matter about the rewards, if you don't enjoy it, why are you doing it?

Sword of Telara

So ALL you do is raid? There is NOTHING else in this game that you enjoy?

It seems to me your not complaining about the low level XP in raids, so much as it's not the BEST way to gain XP. Kind of like those people who cry little tears because other people can get a mount/pet/etc that they got.

You don't see me complaining that Artifacts hunting doesn't give much XP, but that's something I enjoy which is why I do it.

If you enjoy raiding it shouldn't matter about the rewards, if you don't enjoy it, why are you doing it?
    10% of a level, once a week, is not adequate. I have been nothing but civil with you, and pointed that out in every way I possibly could without resulting to petty name calling. I *could*, very well, call you a bitter anti-raider who despises the people who are capable of going into dungeons and killing internet dragons, because you don't have the social connections to wrangle 19 other people together. I *could* do that, but I *won't* do that, because that makes me look like an ******.

I barely raid. However, there is a pretty decent chunk of people who log on once or twice a week, raid, and that's it. They are getting next to nothing, XP-wise, for their time. That is not right. I actually put a fair amount of thought into the numbers I came up with, believe it or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast