+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Please restore the soul quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Yeah i never understood why it was taken out in the 1st place
    the original argument was that the original system prevented players, from off the start, of making a character with a build that they would have wanted for leveling.

so they scrapped the quest concept, as well as the restricted soul choice from the starter area
    to allow players to level up as whatever they wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    It wouldn't bother me if they brought them back although I found them kinda pointless. There was not any challenge to them besides the time it took to run from rift to capitol city back to rift. I understand from lore perspective but honestly there was not lore with these quests.
    there was some lore in the quest description. it described the soul of the person and how he lived and died. they should make it deeper though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    there was some lore in the quest description. it described the soul of the person and how he lived and died. they should make it deeper though.
    That is kinda what I meant. They could just put the soul's wall of text when you click on the class NPC (which are still in game) and basically get the same amount of trivial lore.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    That is kinda what I meant. They could just put the soul's wall of text when you click on the class NPC (which are still in game) and basically get the same amount of trivial lore.
    For me, it's not about the trivial lore. I don't actually read much of that stuff. It's about the game experience, and the experience of buying souls is simultaneously creepy and boring. I want it to feel important that I'm getting new skill sets, and this is just silly. I'd rather just get them all in the Terminus quests than buy them at the trainer.

Besides, they're called souls. The current system makes it seem like there are shelves full of soul jars somewhere, of heroes who apparently got their souls sucked out at some point for us to purchase later. Creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by horsethief View Post
    It's about the game experience
    I am not denying that it is about the experience (I like lore too though). Just the original soul quests the experience was pretty boring in my opinion. They could fix it (and yes a soul chronicle would probably be an improvement regardless how long it takes to develop 32 new chronicleshttp://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-solution.html). I don't think it would break the game if they had the quests back in game but I personally do not think the way the soul quests were originally in game that it added much to the experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2