+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 'Tactical Retreat':-return to recall point during combat

Soulwalker

Default 'Tactical Retreat':-return to recall point during combat

Thank you for reading:

New Ability:

'Tactical Retreat':-You admit defeat to another player and are instantly returned to your recall point. Afflicts the caster's party with Vulnerability. This ability is not affected by global cooldown. This ability can only be used while in combat with another player.

1hr cooldown on PVE server
    3hr cooldown on PVP server
    Cancels all debuffs
    Not usable in Warfronts (though maybe a seperate warfront ability with a once per match limit)
    Obtained from Favor vendor, minimum level 10

New debuff: (obtained by using the ability 'Tactical Retreat')

'Vulnerable':-The next player to defeat you in battle is granted extra experience, favor, and prestige. Lasts for 3 hours. The effects of this buff stack with 'On the Offensive'.

New buff: (obtained by forcing an enemy player to retreat)

'On the Offensive':-Your next enemy player kill grants additional experience, favor, and prestige. Lasts for 3 hours. The effects of this buff stacks with 'Vulnerable'.

New Daily Quests:

Force 1 enemy player to retreat from battle. Reward: Mark(s) of Retribution, favor, gold, prestige
    Force 5 enemy players to retreat from battle. Reward: Mark(s) of Retribution, favor, gold, prestige
    Force 20 enemy players to retreat from battle. Reward: Mark(s) of Retribution, favor, gold, prestige

Kill 1 Vulnerable enemy player in battle. Reward: Mark(s) of Retribution, favor, gold, prestige
    Kill 5 Vulnerable enemy players in battle. Reward: Mark(s) of Retribution, favor, gold, prestige
    Kill 20 Vulnerable enemy players in battle. Reward: Mark(s) of Retribution, favor, gold, prestige

New achievements:

Kill x vulnerable enemy players
    Force x enemy players to retreat from battle

New Titles: (obtained through the previous achievements)

Opportunist (through killing vulnerable players)
    Duelist (through forcing players to retreat)

Thank you again for reading,

Ohris

whats the point of this? it looks like just another recall to me.

this would destroy world PvP

I agree this would be no good in PvP.
    If you want to admit defeat in PvP then just stand there and let them kill you. It's not like the death penalty ruins any continued gameplay.

As a matter of fact they just added a 'fix' to stop players from avoiding defeat by queuing for an instance and disappearing in the middle of a fight.

Soulwalker

Thank you for the comments.

I believe this would increase world pvp action. The cooldown timers are long enough to prevent a player from leaning on this option and the daily quests provide rewards for those that actively seek world pvp opportunities. A substantial buff in xp, favor, and prestige for your next kill will keep a player hunting for more players. And a double bonus for finishing off a character that warped out on you earlier would be a great feeling for a pvper.

In addition, this would provide a easy way to warp out of a situation in which you get jumped with half life or while fighting a mob. Truthfully, the concept would work better for pve servers as it would take some of the risk out of flagging for pvp and thus encourage more world pvp.

Plus, we would have the ability to force players into wearing a debuff like a mark of shame...

Just my thoughts, thanks

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ohris View Post
    Thank you for the comments.

I believe this would increase world pvp action. The cooldown timers are long enough to prevent a player from leaning on this option and the daily quests provide rewards for those that actively seek world pvp opportunities. A substantial buff in xp, favor, and prestige for your next kill will keep a player hunting for more players. And a double bonus for finishing off a character that warped out on you earlier would be a great feeling for a pvper.

In addition, this would provide a easy way to warp out of a situation in which you get jumped with half life or while fighting a mob. Truthfully, the concept would work better for pve servers as it would take some of the risk out of flagging for pvp and thus encourage more world pvp.

Plus, we would have the ability to force players into wearing a debuff like a mark of shame...

Just my thoughts, thanks
    I'm with Drizzle on this, I see no point in it and disagree with your assessment above. This type of skill would have zero effect on "increasing World PvP" action given it's 3 hr cooldown on a PvP server, and what it is.

PvP in MMOs can do with a whole lot LESS of the little trap door escapes from danger. This one simply gives people a way to one-button out of something they need to man-up over. Another way to put it: You decide to "pull the trigger", then be committed and work out the necessary strats, instead of leaning on a get-out-of-jail free card.

Soulwalker

Thanks again for the polite feedback. Argument makes sense. More importantly, even if a small sample of opinion base is unanimously against it then it probably wouldn't fly.
    Happy hunting,

Ohris

Quote Originally Posted by Ohris View Post
    Thanks again for the polite feedback. Argument makes sense. More importantly, even if a small sample of opinion base is unanimously against it then it probably wouldn't fly.
    Happy hunting,

Ohris
    While I agree that it probably wouldn't fly, I compliment you not only on the well thought out idea, but the polite manner in which you took the arguments against it. Rare these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddu Krishnamurti
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

+ Reply to Thread