+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrpiepschuim

Thread: Suggestion: other payment method

Soulwalker

Default Suggestion: other payment method

First of all, I've searched high and low to find the proper section for this, and this was my bes pick. I'm sorry if I was wrong and feel free to put it somewhere else.

Now, my suggestion. Put another payment method, preferable Ideal. I live in the Netherlands and I'm not an owner of a credit card so using one of those to pay is excluded. Then there's the other payment method of the moment: Paypal. I think it's not very user friendly for those who do not use paypal at a frequent base.

Now, I'm not acusing (sorry, don't think that's the right way to spell it, but English is not my native language) Paypal, I think they're doing a great job. And most of all, I am NOT saying Trion is doing a bad job when it comes to customer service! I like the way Trion is offering all kinds of services and doing it's job correctly. It's just, like the title says, a suggestion how to further improve the ease of us, or at least me, on how to pay for our game time or other services (like the collectors edition).

I wanna know how other players feel about this, and ofcourse how Trion feels about this?

i support this, in belgium we have no other way except for a credit card. and its really not that common to have one.

putting money to my online bank account to then transfer to paypal takes me 7 days and i still have to purchase the gamecard then.

id love having more options to get an annual subscription

grtz,
    iorveth

I dont need to worry to be honest but i agree to this. If you have more ways/methods of paying for the game, your likely to attract more people!

Quote Originally Posted by mrpiepschuim View Post
    First of all, I've searched high and low to find the proper section for this, and this was my best pick.

Put another payment method, preferable Ideal. I live in the Netherlands and I'm not an owner of a credit card so using one of those to pay is excluded.
    Then there's the other payment method of the moment: Paypal. I think it's not very user friendly for those who do not use paypal at a frequent base.
    First, I apologize if this appears as a necro post - I do believe this issue is still open to improvement.

I agree with all of the quote; Ideal would be nice - however that would require Trion to have an office in The Netherlands as Ideal only does national transfers.
    Another topic also mentioned Paysafecard, which is an international pre-paid method in the same category as Wallie-card.

I can assume Ideal would not be feasible, but Paysafecard and Wallie-card could be viable options for pre-paying additional* Rift content (such as the Tiger mount).
    * Non-subscription pre-payment, because subscription payment is already in the hands of the Rift Time Card.

Another idea to obtain additional Rift content would be to deduct the product price from the active Subscription.
    Example: if you had 30 days active left, after the purchase of Tiger mount you only have say 10 days left.
    Last edited by Xydaran; 07-13-2012 at 05:32 AM.

Paypal is ideal m8, even if you dont use it frequently.
    I only use it for Rift. It automatically deduct the amount of money needed for my sub from my ING bank(yes I live in the netherlands as well). It all goes automitcally, dont have to ever log in to Paypal at all.

The moment I quit with Rift, I stop my sub with Rift and thus the payment will stop , as I already did when I went to Swtor.
    The second you come back to Rift, you only have to turn you sub on in Rift acount and everything else goes automatically.

True Ideal would be great, but Paypal is even better since you dont have to do it yourself(as with Ideal you would need to do).
    You dont need a creditcard for this, you just need to give Paypal the approval to deduct directly from your bankaccount for the subscription of Rift

this only counts toward the Subscription of the game. For extra stuff(like the Ashes of History update), you would first need to put some money on your paypal acount indeed, which will take up to 3 days max
    Last edited by NearioNL; 07-13-2012 at 05:35 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

I use PayPal for most things. They could do with adding other options like Google Checkout, Moneybookers, etc, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    Paypal is ideal m8
    Paypal may use Ideal, it isn't Ideal though.
    The problem I have with Paypal is that I do not want/trust an American service in handling my bank details.
    I play on European shards and I expect European payment options.

ideal in terms of : great/perfect
    not ideal as in the payment method Ideal

sorry for the confusion

and there is no realy European Payment method. There are some methods for some countries, but not European wide.
    Last edited by NearioNL; 07-13-2012 at 05:54 AM.
    Sotiria, GM of Fade Legion.. Founder of Covenant(Argent)
    pew pew rogue
    4/4, 2/4, 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by NearioNL View Post
    and there is no realy European Payment method. There are some methods for some countries, but not European wide.
    I stated European payment options, that means payment options for/in more than 1 EU country - not every EU country.

Also, Trion will probably only pull payment options into their plans in catering the majority of users, so some countries will be left out and be neglected (which is currently the case for all of Europe as neither CC or Paypal are EU options but merely International/American).

+ Reply to Thread