+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fix zone invasions

Default fix zone invasions

theres quite a few problems with the zone invasion events, and id like to let you know exactly what they are so hopefully they can be remedied.

the very first glaring problem is theyre very popular now with the new PA system. while the success sounds great on the outside, when you get into what that means it starts to become a problem. for one thing, the more players there are, the more attacks you have to load. large, exploding attacks off of a colossal boss. ive actually dropped to less than 1 frame per 30 seconds. (my screen froze for 30 seconds until the boss died)

tone down the spell effects when theres multiple people hitting a boss. put a hard cap on how many spell effects the boss can have flashing on his body at any given time. itd also be great if you could shrink the spell effect size. its fun seeing those insanely large explosions, but does get old pretty fast.

another problem caused by popularity is the boss dies extremely fast. this brings up 2 points. for one, the boss dies really fast, so people who werent lucky enough to have the boss spawn right next to them probably dont get to participate in killing him, even though they were helping with the zone invasion. two, theres more players to load, so even if youre nearby you have to stand there for a good 20-30 seconds near the boss while the game loads every single player participating before finally loading the boss last, usually just in time for you to see his corpse and listen to the awesome victory fanfare with a large "better luck next time" flashing on your screen.

delay the boss spawn. mark where he will be zoning in at on the map and delay it for about 3 minutes. this will allow everyone to reach him in time to participate. it will also give everyone's computers a chance to load all the players who will be participating. however, on the off chance you dont have time, make the game loads the boss before the 120 players participating first. combined with fix number one, you shouldnt have to worry about the large amount of players suddenly hitting the boss freezing your screen.

hopefully these few changes would make zone invasions more enjoyable and reduce the amount of "getting screwed" going on.

Ascendant

1) I believe you can do this yourself. I have no issues with hundreds of players on screen, I dont lag ;P

2) I like the idea of having the boss spawn at a particular locale though.

Rift Disciple

The Facelessman (Defiants) seems to have the power to take down the invader's wards, can't he teleport everyone who participated to the boss?

"You participated in repelling the invasion. Would you like to be teleported to the boss? [YES] [NO]"

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    1) I believe you can do this yourself. I have no issues with hundreds of players on screen, I dont lag ;P

2) I like the idea of having the boss spawn at a particular locale though.
    im already on the lowest possible settings available, and theres no option to manually turn down the amount of spell effects appearing, just the amount of particles each spell has.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post

delay the boss spawn. mark where he will be zoning in at on the map and delay it for about 3 minutes. this will allow everyone to reach him in time to participate. it will also give everyone's computers a chance to load all the players who will be participating. however, on the off chance you dont have time, make the game loads the boss before the 120 players participating first. combined with fix number one, you shouldnt have to worry about the large amount of players suddenly hitting the boss freezing your screen.

hopefully these few changes would make zone invasions more enjoyable and reduce the amount of "getting screwed" going on.
    I think that would be a good idea, but 3 mins is too much. The point is for it to be a potential challenge. So shorten that time, and also have the boss summon closer to the goal they are aiming for, more people will be there anyway, and be able to get there in enough time, plus it would make it a bit more challenging.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    im already on the lowest possible settings available, and theres no option to manually turn down the amount of spell effects appearing, just the amount of particles each spell has.
    Have you tried this?
    Settings > Interface > Combat > [X] Hide Other Player's Hit FX

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfyr View Post
    Have you tried this?
    Settings > Interface > Combat > [X] Hide Other Player's Hit FX
    i <3 you brah

+ Reply to Thread