+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Allowing Planar Attunement Respecs

Default Allowing Planar Attunement Respecs

IMO this should be allowed.

Why? In the event the 2nd/3rd tiers are amazing.

How?

IMO we should allow it but for a hefty price...perhaps allowing the Guardians to make an offering to the gods for 1000 plat. Completely resets all of your points. I feel this would be fair, and would continue to re-inflate the need for plat.

Thoughts?

This is not something I would want for cheap...I'm not asking for a free respec or anything similar to our current sole respec fees. I'm just stirring the pot on thoughts to add a respec option in for a great cost.
    Last edited by drizzt459; 10-02-2011 at 10:48 AM.
    Old school raid

pvp

Or, just level up some more. The stats aren't so game changing that this is an issue.

It takes 500k XP to gain 100 new attunement points. There is no limit but the time you want to put in this system, so why do you need a respec?

I understand that you can just continue to grind, but I'm just saying why not allow the option? How does it hurt anyone other than the person willing to shell out a large sum of plat...and it would add another reason to farm some plat in this game. I don't see a bad side.
    Old school raid

pvp

Quote Originally Posted by drizzt459 View Post
    I understand that you can just continue to grind, but I'm just saying why not allow the option? How does it hurt anyone other than the person willing to shell out a large sum of plat...and it would add another reason to farm some plat in this game. I don't see a bad side.
    It's not that it has a bad side, it however doesn't have enough good side to warrant the time to do it.

How does adding in another reason to have plat not have a good side?
    Old school raid

pvp

No

/thread
    My YouTube Gaming Channel: www.youtube.com/saintavalon
    Thanks for the fun time Trion and Belmont Guardians for the Extra Life Event!

Nope. Earn more. Planar attunement isn't there to be re-spent en masse based on your fotm whims.

You can't spec PA wrong. XP is infinite.

Soulwalker

they should give respecs b/c you can get extra spell power for using a 2h hammer.
    what if you get a staff with better stats? now the points you spent in the 2h hammer are worthless.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by assassassin View Post
    they should give respecs b/c you can get extra spell power for using a 2h hammer.
    what if you get a staff with better stats? now the points you spent in the 2h hammer are worthless.
    Until you later find a new hammer. I have had a staff for months now. Weapon changes don't happen that often and if you get the weapon stats last then it won't matter much anyway.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Soulwalker

it may not matter to you. and just b/c you dont upgrade your weapon much, it doesnt mean that other ppl dont upgrade theirs.
    we'll get to respec soon, you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by assassassin View Post
    Hehe, well, 30 SP is the max isn't it. So do the checks and balances to see if the item is an upgrade to you, If it's no hit Greed, if it is, Hit Need. But if you really are that much of a loot oldest profession in the world, then level up that PA bit next. Not meant to be the be all and end all is it. It's a game.....we will eventally attune fully with all the planes....then what are you going to respec into...when you have all the points????

PA respecs....generally requested by people who want the next best shiney whatever really then as if you plug away at them you will eventually have them all anyway.

We actually do not need a respec. Trion has stated that majority of people will be maxed out on all Tier 1 before they even release Tier 2 and besides the PA is so minimal that it doesn't really matter (may change for tier 2 though).

Ascendant

It doesn't make any sense for them to implement a respec system for something that has an unlimited number of points available. In fact they already made a respec system, it is called going and levelling up.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

+ Reply to Thread