+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage Tank Idea

Default Mage Tank Idea

When I was playing on my mage I couldn't help, but to watch my lil rock elemental and think of how awesome it would be is you could make a tank spec out of a mage. This is my idea.... You can make it to where you can tank with your pet by doing certain spells thats transfer threat from you to your pet. Also it would be benificial to you if the pet would have a bigger action bar to control its abilities. I have been experimenting with this on my Elemental mage; I have done well to a certain extent. Sadly the Soul content of the pet is not designed for dungeons. I believe this is a random shot in the dark for a suggestion, but it would add a RIFT unique thing to have Mage tanks.If any of the GM's would like to see how far I have come with this idea so far I will be happy to run a dungeom and tank with my Rocke Elemental.

while it would be great to have a mage tank, i assure you trion considered it, and for whatever reason decided it would not work

I really think that the time is right for the idea. And would open a new tank class and would make the mage class a little more then raid heals and dps.

+ Reply to Thread