+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Master Mode Dungeons.

Rift Disciple

Default Master Mode Dungeons.

Please have each boss drop one mark with the final boss dropping 2 marks.

This allows for some progression in marks if bad things happen during the run or with the group.

Also please add a LFG option for Master Mode.

Soulwalker

This honestly isn't a bad idea. I did kind of feel a little cheated with the 5 marks at the end considering there were 7 boss encounters. Either way I cant complain the master mode is fun and a bit more of a challenge than the T2s.

This seems like a bad idea to me. The LFG works well with T1s and T2s because it can take your stats into consideration to see if you meet the minimum requirements to enter. However, the master mode is more than just about the gear you have. In some cases (not all) it tests how well you can actually play your character, and this can't be judged simply by numbers. The problem here is that you'll have everyone who meets the minimum gear requirements queuing up even if they're generally bad players. Then when you hit a wall and can't progress any further everyone has to suffer a three day lockout. With the way its setup now to get the 5 marks you have to complete the instance so you'll potentially be losing 5 marks every time you have one or two people who either don't understand what to do or simply refuse to do what they need to do. Maybe when they release more master modes then it could be added to the LFG so that if you get locked out of one you'll have other options. I think I will always prefer guildies/friends over pugs for these though.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Eyarn View Post
    This seems like a bad idea to me. The LFG works well with T1s and T2s because it can take your stats into consideration to see if you meet the minimum requirements to enter. However, the master mode is more than just about the gear you have. In some cases (not all) it tests how well you can actually play your character, and this can't be judged simply by numbers. The problem here is that you'll have everyone who meets the minimum gear requirements queuing up even if they're generally bad players. Then when you hit a wall and can't progress any further everyone has to suffer a three day lockout. With the way its setup now to get the 5 marks you have to complete the instance so you'll potentially be losing 5 marks every time you have one or two people who either don't understand what to do or simply refuse to do what they need to do. Maybe when they release more master modes then it could be added to the LFG so that if you get locked out of one you'll have other options. I think I will always prefer guildies/friends over pugs for these though.
    Your correct that it could cause some issues as things are now for raids.

But in another thread I made the suggestion that MM dungeons and all raids be put on a bonus type setup so you could build up to 5 raids in a week. This would allow a bit more flexibility for smaller guilds and allow people to choose which raids they want to run more often or not at all. If you don't have a bonus slot left you would receive xp and drops and cash but no marks if you don't have a bonus.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Korzald View Post

This allows for some progression in marks if bad things happen during the run or with the group.

I wouldnt mind this, make the hit rating needed 300 like other hard raids and increase the difficulty even more and make them drop marks. Ide be fine with that <3. Make it hard!!!!!!! for marks. Noone cares about plaques of achievements. u can do easier stuff for that.
    Last edited by Riftmonkey69; 10-01-2011 at 05:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread