+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Palingenesis

Thread: Guild Housing. A different approach.

Default Guild Housing. A different approach.

Some people would like to have added game play mechanics to their MMO RPGs. Guild Housing has been brought up many times. I know it would be really cool to add such a feature to the in game world. Perhaps resources, and restrictions apply. (?)

But what if we took the idea of online web based armories... and turned those ideas into a buffed out (web based) Guild Housing? Resources from within the game... can be added to the web based application. A simpler version, could be made by un-gilded single players. Of course, more customization is given to the Guilds.

In game, a guild, could set up a small structure node… (something), with their own guild emblem, and name, placed on it. Some parts of the mechanics, would involve players returning to the node, to upload specifics to their online web based Guild house. Mechanics mentioned by others, could be applied to these nodes. Single players, must return to a village or city node, to upload their resources. Therefore they still get to participate... but joining a guild, enriches the experience.
    Guild nodes... can only be placed (once), (some where) on Saturday, or Sunday. And once placed, can not be moved elsewhere, until the next Saturday or Sunday. Perhaps the nodes need to be defended? Perhaps the nodes could offer a shop, to sell only guilds crafted items. No other items can be sold, except crafted items.
    Rules apply. Nodes must be placed (x) distance from any other node. A guild gets to place, only one node.

I think it could be easily added to this game. This is just a basic overdraft of an idea.

( OR, a simpler, more realistic approach. Specific to RIFT. Take the concepts above, and rearrange them, with what's below.)

Perhaps... instead of letting players place nodes, Trion could use the old (ward stones nodes) as an upload center, that places a guilds flag around the ward stones? Guilds can choose the ward stone location to set up their flag. Only wardstones with the guilds flag, acts as an upload center. And single players can use any ward stone; again, with trade offs. Added NPCs could sell a guilds crafts. Or, a simple all in one NPC, that offers a small (crafted items) only Auction House could be used.
    All players can buy the crafted items from these special Auction Houses. But only the registered guilds with placed flags, can place crafted items for sell at that specific location.

The old rules that applied to ward stones… could still apply to the upgraded versions.
    Last edited by Palingenesis; 09-29-2011 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Spell Checking
    [

Rift Chaser

Interesting thought, but I still think first stage is a baseline housing dynamic made up of a merging of the LOTRO + Runes of Magic model.

IMO of course.
    Last edited by Weathersky; 09-30-2011 at 01:15 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Palingenesis View Post
    Of course, more customization is given to the Guilds.
    Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    Why ?

Management and resources. If every single player could place (nodes) in the game world, we would have an onslaught of complaints due to lowered FPS, increased Lag and Clutter; Etc..
    The difference, would only exist through the in game nodes / system. Web based, would exist equally... with minor differences. A Guild house should provide more space, for it's many members. While an individual, would have a smaller space, by comparison. There should be a non game breaking incentive, for socially networking with a large group. A Guild based page, would offer an out of game social hub for the guild. A way to show off, recruit, and advertise the guilds achievements... with a bit of style.

Single players don't need a huge space. Though they could buy upgrade spots with in game currency. Just not as grand as a Guild House. They could still show off their achievements, and have some sort of customization; etc..

Again. I'm just tossing around quick ideas.

Perhaps the web based Guild Housing, could even be used across all Trion game(s). Giving guilds and players, a focal point, that brings them all together.
    Last edited by Palingenesis; 09-30-2011 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Spell Checking
    [

Soulwalker

i like the idea of the web-page

but not the wardstone-esque part
    i prefer to have an instanced Guild Hall and being able for other players to see that hall on the internet from TRION's site
    that would be the best! and it would give a reason for guild halls and player houses to look good
    even mini events from the company as the best house or something like that
    My English sucks i know...no need to point that out! :P

+ Reply to Thread