+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Flagging on PVE servers

Default PVP Flagging on PVE servers

PvP Toggles on a PVE server are painful Any chance we can make it so as soon as you enter a raid instance you can get automatically unflagged or something? Anything? We spend 5-10 minutes at the beginning of a raid making sure everyone toggles it off and the timer counts down because if you're flagged u can't get buffs It bugggggs out a lot and the timer resets itself...people commit suicide just to make it go away. Any attention to this matter is greatly appreciated ty <3
    I'm gonna MM me some O's

My Screenshot Gallery
    YouTube
    G+ Page

Ascendant

if they are dumb enough to be flagged @ raid time they shouldn't be allowed to go to the raid IMO..but hey thats my guild not gonna tell you what to do.

Pvp flag should not exist in a pve instance. If player leaves instance and is in open world the flag/timer should resume.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    Pvp flag should not exist in a pve instance. If player leaves instance and is in open world the flag/timer should resume.
    ^ What he said. There's no point in having the PvP flag even exist in an instance that's pve only, where you couldn't pvp even if you wanted to....

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    if they are dumb enough to be flagged @ raid time they shouldn't be allowed to go to the raid IMO..but hey thats my guild not gonna tell you what to do.

I'm not really sure where you're going with this. We're not really talking about the fact that sometimes there is a simple human error where people forget to unflag, we're talking about the fact that the system in general doesn't need to exist in pve dungeons, and in addition to that it's bugged. It seems to randomly reset itself for no reason at all while in the dungeon.

Additionally, take Drowned Halls for example. I'm a Defiant, and the Drowned Halls entrance is right next to a Guardian city... Last night I ended up accidentally flagging on the way into the instance due to guard aggro while zoning everyone in, and then when we got in it spread like aids and by the time we got everyone unflagged, 20 minutes had gone by... No reason for that to exist.

Just my two cents I agree with the OP, let's get this fixed and get rid of that annoying delay that happens sometimes! Not all of us have hours to dedicate to raiding, and that's why instances like Drowned Halls were created

Complaining again cause we spent the first 10 minutes in GP last night "hanging out" waiting for the pvp timers to go away and people to stop flagging each other w/ heals etc. (defiants have to run through guardian territory/guards to even enter so it's virtually unavoidable)
    I'm gonna MM me some O's

My Screenshot Gallery
    YouTube
    G+ Page

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    this idea makes the most sense.

but simply unflaging while entering instance is open for abuse. Thats why this idea is best solution.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

turn off PvP Auto-Flag and those accidental flaggings wont happen, it wont let you do anything pvp unless you directly type /pvp

some people say its broken, but ive been using it for months with 0 issues, and im constantly running through guardian camps or in zone events where there are a dozen or so guardians around me flagged

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    turn off PvP Auto-Flag and those accidental flaggings wont happen, it wont let you do anything pvp unless you directly type /pvp

some people say its broken, but ive been using it for months with 0 issues, and im constantly running through guardian camps or in zone events where there are a dozen or so guardians around me flagged
    It's not broken, it's just that many of these players don't realize that by using any kind of positive buff on a flagged player, will flag you as well. This include heals

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post

I have done that too quite often, but I have been able to break it by doing a few specific things I know of, and at least one thing where I'm not sure what happened. The most recent one was that the personal banker NPC was bugged -- it ignored the auto-flag setting, but if you hit it you got flagged.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread