+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: PvP suggestions from a PvE'er.... Vote kick and equipment check

Champion of Telara

Default PvP suggestions from a PvE'er.... Vote kick and equipment check

Posting this in the general forums because of the wider audience, plus I'm not really directing the suggestions at hardcore PvP'ers, but rather at casual PvP players.

This post was due to frustrations from the following
    1. Bots / AFKers / ****** bags
    2. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay undergeared toons.... and I wouldn't even have brought this up cause I believe in helping newbies, but some of the equipment I see is ridiculous

Be it defiant or gaurdian, we've had our share of seeing people just sit at the starting point, then do some action before the AFK timer sets in (which ranges from just activating a skill to running out with guns blazing and dying immediately). We have the report AFK function in game, and report to GM option, but usually, the damage is already done and the frustration of getting totally stomped because you are 8 vs 10 is enough to make people want to swear of PvP'ing (but we always come back... suckers for pain I guess).

I've seen a few AFK'ers who after being identified, just spend the next few warfronts arguing with whoever pointed them out and still refusing to do anything. I've also seen a few, after being pointed out, started playing a few games... then go back to AFK'ing (dunno if this skews Trion's analysis of AKF reporting).

I really do think that a vote kick function would be much more beneficial than the current report AFK system... not only would it deter such activities, but it also gives instant gratification to all these who have endured the abuse of said AFK'er. Of course, this can be abused. People would just start vote kicking everyone they think is bad/a noobie/ doesn't mark/ marks wrong target/ doesn't like their name etc etc. I DO NOT agree with kicking such people. Noobies need the opportunity to learn and gear up. Trion could consider putting a check in place.... once a vote kick has been put in and everyone votes, a quick check on damage done/taken and healing done/taken (numbers unannounced to the public) would be able to help differentiate them. Once the vote kick goes through, the toon is kicked from the warfront.... all favour/prestige from the WF (from kills/stones etc) is revoked, and the toon has its warfront lockout timer activated.

Now, if the person was really just very bad and after getting vote kicked and not achieving the numbers to have the vote kick overriden, they can immediate send a petition to the GM which can then give back the revoked favour.... this will work once... maybe twice. By the 3rd time, the GM should have wised up and just asked the guy to fly a kite. The onus shifts the tedious task of petitioning away from all the people who are actually playing properly, to the relative minority who are abusing, or just really really bad.

With regards to gear checks.... I don't have a good solution. I'm ok with the occasional person in blues and greens - as I said, I believe newbies need to start somewhere. It is a pain when I see 1/3 or more of the WF in blue's/green's, but I will bite the bullet and take the loss. HOWEVER.... when I see someone with a half empty sigil, and a trinket which gives 5% extra experience for below level 20's.... I want to cry. Perhaps some suggestions from the community would be helpful. There are requirements for T1's, T2's and raids.... I don't see why there shouldn't be for war fronts. And no.... splitting the WF's by rank is not a solution, but I won't go into that in this post because its pretty lengthy already.

General of Telara

No offense intended but I think your post gave me the best laugh I've had in weeks, thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mongus View Post
    No offense intended but I think your post gave me the best laugh I've had in weeks, thank you.
    Uhmmm.... thanks? I think?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by masakari81 View Post
    With regards to gear checks.... I don't have a good solution. I'm ok with the occasional person in blues and greens - as I said, I believe newbies need to start somewhere. It is a pain when I see 1/3 or more of the WF in blue's/green's, but I will bite the bullet and take the loss. HOWEVER.... when I see someone with a half empty sigil, and a trinket which gives 5% extra experience for below level 20's.... I want to cry. Perhaps some suggestions from the community would be helpful. There are requirements for T1's, T2's and raids.... I don't see why there shouldn't be for war fronts. And no.... splitting the WF's by rank is not a solution, but I won't go into that in this post because its pretty lengthy already.
    T1/T2s have a gear check on the random queue; no reason a warfront couldn't have one. Would just have to devise a way that a R1 could get to R2 and get their full valor gear.
    Last edited by Raen Ryong; 09-25-2011 at 09:48 PM.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Thumbs down

Vote to kick... kind of a good idea.... but pleas, Nooo! Not here too!

''That person was afk 10 seconds, ( or ) that person cant find us, KICK!!!!!''

I freaking hate such things...

Vote kick would be abused - no doubt. Gear check, im fine with, it would allow splitting of ranks - personally im only rank 2 at around 800 valor and being farmed by R8's is no fun. Whats worse though is the same side higher ranks moaning like girls in chat telling everyone they suck.
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

Soulwalker

They can't even get name plates above more than one target. You're not serious about pvp if u put up with this alone lol. Geesh.

vote afk is fine, they should just adjust how it works.

i havent been reported afk before, so bear with me.
    i assume it makes a sound, or at least warns you somehow. plus it probably sticks a debuff countdown in your debuff box.

how about when you get reported for being afk, nothing changes on your screen. it looks like it always does. however, an invisible timer starts counting down from whatever the set kick time is right now. soon as it reaches 0, youre kicked, all the stuff earned that battle is revoked, and you get a 30 min debuff. (id prefer 1 hour) the only way to remove this timer should be to attack someone or heal someone currently being attacked.
    Last edited by TheDrizzle404; 09-25-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    vote afk is fine, they should just adjust how it works.

i havent been reported afk before, so bear with me.
    i assume it makes a sound, or at least warns you somehow. plus it probably sticks a debuff countdown in your debuff box.

how about when you get reported for being afk, nothing changes on your screen. it looks like it always does. however, an invisible timer starts counting down from whatever the set kick time is right now. soon as it reaches 0, youre kicked, all the stuff earned that battle is revoked, and you get a 30 min debuff. (id prefer 1 hour) the only way to remove this timer should be to attack someone or heal someone currently being attacked.
    What if you're on defence in Whitefall or some such?

Sword of Telara

I like the idea of vote-kicks although implementation of this is tricky.

Gear checks is a tough one. Brand new PvP players and fresh 50's need to start somewhere. The idea of splitting WFs for PR (1-4) and PR (5-8) has been discussed and would not happen due to much longer queue times.

That said. Anyone caught wearing http://rift.zam.com/en/item/B484EA8A...9;s-Phylactery in 50 WF's ought to be kicked and delevelled to level 10 immediately.
    Last edited by Blackblade; 09-26-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    i like the idea of vote-kicks although implementation of this is tricky.

Gear checks is a tough one. Brand new pvp players and fresh 50's need to start somewhere. The idea of splitting wfs for pr (1-4) and pr (5-8) has been discussed and would not happen due to much longer queue times.

That said. Anyone caught wearing http://rift.zam.com/en/item/b484ea8a...9;s-phylactery in 50 wf's ought to be kicked and delevelled to level 10 immediately.
    but its purplez!
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Akyaevin View Post
    If you're team votes you out for playing defence in whitefall they are idiots. Of course, generally saying 'I'll be defending the flag', before you actually plonk yourself there the whole WF may not be a bad idea.

And with that, suddenly whitefall becomes the AFK'ers paradise.

Anyway, seriously guys, rather than talk about how vote to kick will be abused, which I already pointed out in my post... perhaps come up with constructive ideas on how to make it implementable? I'm sure it can be done. Using dmg taken/done or heals done (not taken) is a perfectly acceptable option although there may be better ones out there. If its a bot putting out massive amounts of dmg/heals randomly, I'll take it over a bot or AFK'er sitting behind doing nothing. Damage taken is a consideration for subdue tanks.... but that may mean bots just constantly sending the toon to its death....

And you are also assuming that irresponsible calls to vote will be followed by the whole WF? If everyone in the WF is all voting to kick you.... something might be wrong with you. A vote to kick probably should have close to 80% of the votes before it can be executed. It can't have all the votes... else it will just mean that bots will suddenly be logging on with 2 characters instead of 1.

Default Like

I like the post, and the input, but I wouldn't vote for the equipment check. Things are getting too serious when it comes to grouping up.
    No matter how dark the night, morning always comes. And our journey begins anew...

Quote Originally Posted by Akyaevin View Post
    Even defending in whitefall requires some kind of movement. If people see you're active near your flag then common sense would say you are defending it... it's when people are sitting on the spawn point in whitefall that it's time to get kicked

Not fond of the idea of a vote kick.. it just takes one asswipe to initiate the vote and then the rest of the sheep will just klick OK to get rid of the popup
    Last edited by Xanian; 09-26-2011 at 01:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast