+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Drude
  • 1 Post By Karuna

Thread: WF marking

Default WF marking

It would be great if you could mark targets in the scoreboard rather than /tar TargetName. It's kind of tough sometimes to play and get this done in a timely manner while playing.

/signed
    I like this.

/Signing -

Plane Walker

Or at least allow us to be able to right click on the person and mark, rather than left click on them, right click on their portrait, and find the mark selection, then select the number you want. It's a time consuming process, and if you happen to be distracted by this, you can easily end up dead. I would also suggest that perhaps we be able to standardize the marks, so that 1 universally means healer or dps, 2 means something else, etc, so that it's easy for everyone to know to focus on which number. It would also be nice to set it up so that everyone could mark targets, or set it up so that people zoning into the wf have the option to say that they are willing to mark. I don't know how many times I've been in wf where nobody was marking because the unknown leader didn't give leadership or assist to anyone able and willing to mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette View Post
    Or at least allow us to be able to right click on the person and mark
    shift + right click

youre welcome.

as for the OP, id really like it if everyone could mark. its annoying to ask the leader for lead or to mark healers.
    Last edited by TheDrizzle404; 09-25-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    shift + right click

youre welcome.

as for the OP, id really like it if everyone could mark. its annoying to ask the leader for lead or to mark healers.
    Let everyone mark for about a week and see what happens. You will have marks on warriors, DPS rogues and any other player that doesn't need marked. The middle ground on this might be group leads can mark. 4 per WF.

Plane Walker

Personally, I'd rather see marking disabled in warfronts, so everyone would have to think for themselves.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Karuna View Post
    Personally, I'd rather see marking disabled in warfronts, so everyone would have to think for themselves.
    true
    Last edited by LaBarbus; 09-26-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuna View Post
    I pug que for WF's. Marking is pretty much the only way to combat the premades and that whole ventrillo thing. Pugs vs. premades are an entirely different discussion though. It's entertaining to watch adults try and decide what to eat for lunch as a group let alone what target to concentrate on.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    I pug que for WF's. Marking is pretty much the only way to combat the premades and that whole ventrillo thing. Pugs vs. premades are an entirely different discussion though. It's entertaining to watch adults try and decide what to eat for lunch as a group let alone what target to concentrate on.
    Marking is n1 thing for focusing and focusing is huge froblem in PuG vs Premade. If Marking goes PuGs will have more chances. For sure Premades are against this change

Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    Marking is n1 thing for focusing and focusing is huge froblem in PuG vs Premade. If Marking goes PuGs will have more chances. For sure Premades are against this change
    Premades don't need to mark. They have a main assist, and then just attack through them. If they do need to have people switch from the MA's target, they just call out the name in vent. Taking marking away will hurt PuGs way more than premades, because most premades don't need to mark targets to focus fire the enemy.

RIFT Community Ambassador Morvick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    Or asking them to mark their healers, only to realize they won't, or they're AFK and can't. Curse you Chloromancers, you win again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by -Shiva- View Post
    Premades don't need to mark. They have a main assist, and then just attack through them. If they do need to have people switch from the MA's target, they just call out the name in vent. Taking marking away will hurt PuGs way more than premades, because most premades don't need to mark targets to focus fire the enemy.
    Premade is usually only a part of opposition. So its fur sure that Marking gives more to Premades then to PuG where people doesnt even mark or mark properly ( like n1 S/B Tank)

+ Reply to Thread