+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to solve unbalanced classes and factions in rift - Definitively !!!

Default How to solve unbalanced classes and factions in rift - Definitively !!!

Balanced Valor decreased some unbalance between factions and classes but its still unbalanced.

Trion is constantly trying to balance classes and factions, but it still not done yet. Just see in Warfronts When players kill the 10 players while die max once. And some premades are simply ultra overpower. The chance to other Faction. The only way is not do warfronts.

This isnt a secret. Everyone can see, there is unbalance in almost every server.

I will explain my idea as better i can for everyone see how good it is.

When Im in one warfront and doing a pvp in map, there is 2 things that influences my chances in pvp.
    1) My skill pvp player : how good i am in pvp, my stats, rank, build, etc
    2) My Faction force : avarege pvp rank, stats, build players' and avarege pvp skill players'.

So, if im right, to try balance the factions in all servers, i need keep in mind these two factors. I was thinking in a way to give to players something right that influences in damage and healing, and not in damage and healing come. This choose was rational, and this choice was based mainly on the behavior of the healers and great HP that have experienced players.

- 1) Frist Factor: Skill Pvp Player
    U could think: im a very good player beacuse i kill a lot. And healers? They are bad players because they only heal?

How many good u are cant be count by killing players or death, but by victories and defeats. And in Warfronts. If for each victory u count 1 point more and for each defeat u count 1 point less, that can say how good player u are. There are casual players and hardcore players, so i think 5 is a good number.

Number 5 remember...

Positive points means u are good player and u are winning a lot. So if u have 50 points for example, u have a lot of victories and probabily u have nice rank. U are killing and healing a lot. Dont u deserve a little reduction to balance that?

Very High positive points is very good, but mean there is unbalance too. U are winning too much. This is the unbalance. Other players is losing too much too. This is unbalance.

So if the game give a little help to solve that? This will be called Justice. U are paing fee and the other player too.

So, if for each 5 points, eu receive 1% more or less in your damage and healing? For exemple, u have 50 defeats, u lose too much, dont u? The game will help giving 10% damage and healing only in pvp. But if u have 30 victories, you are winning too much, arent u? So u will receive 6% less damage and healing done.

But there is a limit: 10% more or 10% less is the maximum. 100 victories or 100 defeats will not give more. And this is only for PVP.

So if u are:

Strong player / 50 points or more : -10% damage and healing done.
    Medium player / about 0 points : no influence on your damage.
    Weak player / the game helps u / 50 defeats or more : +10% damage and healing done.

This is Justice.

continuing... to second factor...

- 2) Second Factor: Faction force

We all know how much the group members and influence their faction's victory or defeat. In some cases it is easy to see humiliations in Warfronts and open maps. In some cases of open maps about 50 players against 2 or 3. I saw it.

How to balance matches 50 x 3? How to balance a number of massacres several rank 8 against rank 2?

I thought about it and there should be two solutions to this.

- 2A) Balancing the power of factions warfronts pvps maps:

Here i will resume. My idea is simple. We just get the victory from both sides and calculate the diference. each 5% will give 1% more or less damage and healing done for all players of the faction.

Strong Faction / 50% more victories of another faction : -10% damage and healing done.
    Balanced Server Faction / about 0% the diference: no influence
    Weak Faction / 50% less victories of another faction: +10 damage and healing done.

So, geting the frist factor plus Second A factor, we will get for all pvps:

Player from / Kind of Player :

Strong Faction / Strong Player : (-10%) + (-10%) = -20% damage and healing done
    Strong Faction / Medium Player : (-10%) + (0%) = -10% damage and healing done
    Strong Faction / Weak Player : (-10%) + (+10%) = no influence

Balanced Server Faction / Strong Player : (0%) + (-10%) = -10% damage and healing come
    Balanced Server Faction / Medium Player : (0%) + (0%) = no influence
    Balanced Server Faction / Weak Player : (0%) + (+10%) = +10% damage and healing done

Weak Faction / Strong Player : (+10%) + (-10%) = no influence
    Weak Faction / Medium Player : (+10%) + (0%) = +10% damage and healing done
    Weak Faction / Weak Player : (+10%) + (-10%) = +20% damage and healing done

This is Justice.

continuing...

- 2B) Balancing the amounts of players : 50 x 3 or 30 x 10

I Know there is no way to solve this, but i think the game can help to minimize.

I will resume again because is simple to understand.

My sugestion is simply get the difference of alive players and increase the damage and healing dor the players in less quantity.

For example, in a match 3 x 50: 50 - 3 = 47%

The 3 players will receive 47% damage increase.

30 x 10 : 30 - 10 = 20%

The 10 players will receive 20% damage and healing increase.

How to obtain the quantity? just counting the players in field of view or around him. This is easy.

When the difference is small, below 5, the bonus will not apply.

The calculation of benefits should be done automatically, respecting defiants or guardians in servers they are losing and giving Balance.

Resuming:

If u are from a Weak faction(Your faction defeat warfronts and close pvp rift much more than another faction), You are weak player (Your defeats is much larger than your victories) and you are fighting 10(you) x 25.

Weak Faction = +10%
    Weak Player = +10%
    10 vrs 25 = 25 - 10 = +15%

You will receive 35% bonus damage. But im weak and my faction too? Do you think I will win?

This is Balance. This is justice and nice Help. At least i have better chances now.

I realy hope all understand everything was planned to give equaty and fun for everyone.

Ty in advance.
    Rift 2.6's - Things I miss a lot in Rift: 1. No lock raids or boss, only lock drops and tokens. 2. I want a button to visit to other servers more easily. 3. Too low FPS yet. Fix Rift Client please. 4. Fair PVP, too much unbalance and crap healing war.
    - Thinks i like most right now: 1. Hailol Footholds 2. Flexible builds 3. Mage tanking comming .

Default Sigh

First off... u and lower case i make you look illiterate and people will blow off what you write... you are not that dumb some of what you said made sense... don't make people write you off because you type u instead you.

I actually don't like your solution anyway... it's kinda like telling people that if they suck that it's OK because Trion will compensate for that... and that if you are good it doesn't matter because Trion will compensate for that also.

Your SKILL should be very important... it should never be "balanced out of the equation"

a 50 vs 3 battle... lol.. sorry... the 50 should win that... Not a chance for the 3... if you feel otherwise you rolled on the wrong server... you are a PvE player on a PvP server. If you only want fair fights that is what warfronts and duels are for.

You do have a very good point on amount of heals done being important in PvP... in warfronts it tracks it... and I do watch it... and I compete with the other healers to be #1... being the guy that IS A TEAM PLAYER is far more important to be "guy on a solo mission #23"

If you are a tank and you can get that flag or pull the ranged attackers or healers into the heat of battle that is AWESOME... but tanks are balanced almost completely out of PvP... you have heals and you have DPS... and not even really that simple of a break down... it's AE heals and AE DPS or Spike DPS... sustained single target DPS is almost useless as are single target heals.

If there was some balance in warfronts to make tanks and sustained DPS and crowd control more valuable that is where things would really get interesting.

The other thing is Trion doesn't teach good PvP playing habits... they flat out don't... what achievements can you get in PvP? Yup as you said "killing people achievements" or flag claiming achievements... even the defensive achievements are based on killing people near control points. So people LEARN that they should be blood-thirsty idiots... and all go DPS and let SOMEONE ELSE do the healing... but no one wants to... so you have 20 DPS and 3 healers... 0 tanks.

Trion needs to alter the warfronts to give achievements for valuable TEAMWORK type behaviors. They need to somehow have tutorials in PvP to show that a tank should hold the fang.. NOT A MAGE.... and that a cleric should stand near the tank to heal them... and that a bard or chloro can't heal well if they stand near the fang-carrier in the back because they need someone to damage to cause healing to occur. I mean people in PvP are running around like idiots with no clue... I'll be a bard in a pack of people and someone will run in and start attacking me and rather than save me so I can heal them... they scatter... um... yeah... once they kill me and you have no heals... you are next buddy.

In EQ2 they have buffs where warriors could absorb damage coming from a source on behalf of their target... "intercepts".... Rift needs Intercepts in PvP... I need to be able to shield a healer or flag carrier when I am on my tank... I can't do enough damage to kill them to get them off that person so I need to be able to do my same amount of damage but take the incoming damage onto ME in MY armor with MY hitpoints rather than on the Chloro I was following... BECAUSE TAUNTS ARE NEAR USELESS in PvP. So you use intercepts in lieu of taunts...

The other flaw is that there is no "world event" flags for Warfronts saying "Defiant has won the last 10 warfronts in your level range... can you call upon your allies to help support the cause of the Guardians?" that spurs a GUILD aka an ORGANIZED ENTITY to come in and combat whatever organized entity has been smacking your faction around. Players should rush to the aid of players... not combat mechanics to buff the losers.

There is also no rule about how you queue for a warfront to make sure things are balanced... if you queue as a healer and there are no healers you should get in EVERY WARFRONT.. just like on my server if you queue for a dungeon as a tank you get a pop up INSTANTLY because my server (and the battle group it's clustered in) has a shortage of tanks my level... if I queue as DPS... I sit for hours. Reward people for going and doing the task that others refuse to provide by allowing them to bypass the lines....

Basically need to teach people to work in teams and do more than just kill.... to do that you need to point them that way by handing out achievements, rewards, and some instant gratification (queue skipping)... that's the problem.

Balancing mechanisms are for ... GIVE BALANCE. His apparent lack of education has never been enough to notice imbalances, injustices and to provide better quality for social relationships, then what might burden your comments?

There are some deep gaps between souls and classes and only a personal balancing mechanisms can make better balance to so much trouble.
    Last edited by Samfortal; 09-28-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    Rift 2.6's - Things I miss a lot in Rift: 1. No lock raids or boss, only lock drops and tokens. 2. I want a button to visit to other servers more easily. 3. Too low FPS yet. Fix Rift Client please. 4. Fair PVP, too much unbalance and crap healing war.
    - Thinks i like most right now: 1. Hailol Footholds 2. Flexible builds 3. Mage tanking comming .

Quote Originally Posted by Skoshi View Post
    First off... u and lower case i make you look illiterate and people will blow off what you write... you are not that dumb some of what you said made sense... don't make people write you off because you type u instead you.
    the ironic part was you use... improperly.

+ Reply to Thread