+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Mouseover macros are broken... as are raid frames

Telaran

Default Mouseover macros are broken... as are raid frames

Your mouseover macros are broken.

They stop healing the person you're moused over, whether or not you've moved your mouse recently, and start healing the caster. This means the tank dies, the group wipes and the healer is told they're all manner of inappropriate for forum names.

This is beyond stupid.

Fix your game. This has been a documented problem since April, and as a healer of 10 years in these games, I resent being blamed for your incompetence in programming.

Stop with the stupid pvp fixes and just fix the basic game. You attempted to program in mouseover macros, and YOU FAILED. Rather than work on "balancing" soul abilities, how about you fix the actual problems here?

Shield of Telara

or use mouseoverui?

Completely solved the problem for me

Quote Originally Posted by Eilhe View Post

They stop healing the person you're moused over, whether or not you've moved your mouse recently, and start healing the caster. This means the tank dies, the group wipes and the healer is told they're all manner of inappropriate for forum names.

This is beyond stupid.

Fix your game. This has been a documented problem since April, and as a healer of 10 years in these games, I resent being blamed for your incompetence in programming.

Stop with the stupid pvp fixes and just fix the basic game. You attempted to program in mouseover macros, and YOU FAILED. Rather than work on "balancing" soul abilities, how about you fix the actual problems here?
    Why would you use mouseover instead of mouseoverui?
    "Men have before hired bravos to transact their crimes, while their own person and reputation sat under shelter. I was the first that ever did so for his pleasures. I was the first taht could thus plod in the public eye with a load of genial respectability, and in a moment, like a schoolboy, strip off these lendings and spring headlong into the sea of liberty." - Henry Jekyll

jca
    Rift Chaser

I'm seeing problems with mouseoverui myself lately.

I use @mouseover and have never had a problem using raid frames.

Ascendant

Works for me.

Telaran

Why would you use mouseover instead of mouseoverui?
    That question is obviously intended to be a "duh, how could anyone be so stupid" sort of thing. A couple points for you to think about, you snarky person, you:

*If the command @mouseover exists and does not work, that's a problem.

*I only found out about @mouseoverui last night. Why would I have looked for something beyond @mouseover when @mouseover was clearly programmed in and intended to be used for casting on your mouseover target?

I only learned what the problem was when a tank told me that I was healing myself instead of him. I'm totally grateful for the information, I was totally annoyed by his delivery of it, which involved false accusations and a lie. I was in fact healing him, given that my mouse was squarely on his raid frame, but the mouseover had bugged. Nothing on my screen indicated that a bug was happening except that I was mashing my usual emergency keys and his health wasn't going back up. I have been wondering for a couple of weeks what's going on, because the debuffs on people are hardly clear, but I've lost a few tanks. I'd been assuming there was some sort of healing debuff on the tank, but I couldn't identify it fast enough, because quite often, the tooltips on debuffs in raid frames bug, stay up when the mouse isn't on them and then block the rest of the party members so I can't see their health, and they're so small and useless most of the time that I try to avoid them. I don't lose people when the game is functional except under extreme situations.

I have not playtested @mouseoverui yet because at the point I discovered it the beer was well past kicking in, I was tired and I was angry and frustrated with the game. I changed all my macros and am going to go read them carefully now to make sure I got them all.

I was beyond frustrated with several previously reported bugs and errors that were popping up. The fact that I figured out on top of all those previously reported bugs and errors that the damn mouseover mechanic is screwy and THEN learned that Trion's known about it (or should have) since April is beyond acceptable.

The party and raid frames are inadequate in this game to begin with. They both have some really stupid bugs in terms of setup and what information they relay. To compound that with a broken basic (and I would say essential) healing mechanism is just awful.

There are only a few debuffs that I need to know about: ones I can cleanse off, and ones that impede healing or require me to heal someone to full in order to take the debuff off. I see a lot of debuffs on people that I can do absolutely nothing about. The icons are TINY and even making my raid frames larger doesn't really help, plus then they're just too big. And in the heat of battle when I'm trying to heal and watch the fight so I know if I have to move and watch where people are so I know if I have to move to heal them, I don't have time to be examining debuff icons and reading tooltips.
    Last edited by Eilhe; 09-10-2011 at 04:36 AM. Reason: teh grammarz

Ascendant

This is beyond stupid.

I know that if one of my customers approached the problem like this, I would drop everything and do nothing for the rest of the playerbase to make sure that this problem was fixed for you. Perhaps you should consult with them on their code?

In other news, nice temper tantrum.

So the healer messed up and broke his macro weeks ago but never noticed for some reason. Now this thread makes sense.
    Last edited by KaiHeilos; 09-10-2011 at 04:56 AM.

You are all off base.

@mouseover IS broken. It works sometimes and doesn't others. I notice it works EVERY TIME for Healing Breath but almost NEVER for Healing Invocation. To confuse those of you who disagree, MOST healers use Healing Invocation on the TANK. MOST Healers always have the tank targeted. So most would say Healing Invocation works fine with @mouseover, it does not.

As a senticarish healer I target the monsters most of the time and use mouseover macro all over the place. What I posted above is fact, get over it, it is broken.

@mouseoverui is MORE broken than @mouseover. The intent of this was to only work on the UI elements. What happens is now it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I swapped my macro over to @mouseoverui in the hopes it would fix it, but instead it now adds a RNG on if me or the tank will receive the heal.

End result, Trion needs to fix this. I now click on my tank when I want to heal him with Healing Invocation.

OP, you were rude to Trion and other people by suggesting their concerns are less valid than yours, however valid your concern is.

To everyone else, the OP is not the only person to report this and just because YOU do not have a problem does not indicate there is no problem. Your delivery to the OP was just as rude as his to Trion.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MaddBomber83 View Post
    You are all off base.

@mouseover IS broken. It works sometimes and doesn't others. I notice it works EVERY TIME for Healing Breath but almost NEVER for Healing Invocation. To confuse those of you who disagree, MOST healers use Healing Invocation on the TANK. MOST Healers always have the tank targeted. So most would say Healing Invocation works fine with @mouseover, it does not.

As a senticarish healer I target the monsters most of the time and use mouseover macro all over the place. What I posted above is fact, get over it, it is broken.

@mouseoverui is MORE broken than @mouseover. The intent of this was to only work on the UI elements. What happens is now it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I swapped my macro over to @mouseoverui in the hopes it would fix it, but instead it now adds a RNG on if me or the tank will receive the heal.

End result, Trion needs to fix this. I now click on my tank when I want to heal him with Healing Invocation.

OP, you were rude to Trion and other people by suggesting their concerns are less valid than yours, however valid your concern is.

To everyone else, the OP is not the only person to report this and just because YOU do not have a problem does not indicate there is no problem. Your delivery to the OP was just as rude as his to Trion.
    I had my fair share of problems with mouseover and I was clamoring for Trion to make a change, but a friend suggested to use mouseoverui and i've been using it for months in raids (in hammerknell) and have never had a single problem. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Ascendant

I prefer @mouseover. Dispelling single targets is a lot easier when you don't have to dig through 4 debuffs just to find the one you want. Simple raid-awareness makes just mousing over the person and curing him a lot faster.

Telaran

Yep, I was rude, I admit it and take responsibility for it. It was a total temper tantrum. Strangely enough, I'm ok with it right now. I've filed multiple bug reports over the past month in perfect, polite English. I tried to include something I liked with most of them, although at times there wasn't anything to say about what I liked, so I didn't put anything. Not one has been fixed. I got pooped on last night because Trion's interface broke several times last night in T2s and the primadonna tanks decided it was my fault and I must be an idiot. I let the poop roll downhill, in this case, right to Trion's door.

Incidently, I have now playtested @mouseoverui. It's just as rotten as @mouseover. I get "Invalid target" approximately 5-10% of the time. It's great fun when the tank has a giant pile of mobs.

Basic healing mechanics that are broken... no wonder the raiders are frustrated.

Let's see some project management here, Trion. What bugs are you currently aware of and working on? Which ones have you acknowledged? Which ones are you playtesting? Who's taking charge of actually investigating the bugs you've asked to be reported?

I did some testing with this today. It seems the issue is there are some things in the game that 'refresh' your mouse cursor, so it loses track of what it's moused over. You then have to move the mouse off that person/ui element and back over them for @mouseover to work.

This is noticable by the fact that their tooltip dissapears and any following @mouseover macros self-cast.

Two that I noticed:
    Your current target dying
    Your mouseover being your current target and tabbing to something else (or smart targetting moving your target)

Incidently, I have now playtested @mouseoverui. It's just as rotten as @mouseover. I get "Invalid target" approximately 5-10% of the time. It's great fun when the tank has a giant pile of mobs.
    If you don't have it this way already, see if turning off the ability to cast on your target's target will help. If that doesn't do it, could try turning off automatically trying to apply casts to yourself if the cast won't work on the target the game thinks it should be casting on. Maybe the game bug is related to one or both of those settings.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast