+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Leave XP bonus for lvl50 accounts

Rift Disciple

Default Leave XP bonus for lvl50 accounts

1-49 leveling was great (I leveled cleric without xp bonus to 50 in 9 days) but there is no point to repeat same struggle|path 4 times leveling different characters.

Please, leave x2 xp bonus for accounts which already have at least one lvl50 character.

They need to include a way to turn the bonus off.

Hell, they need a way to turn it down.

Leveling happens entirely too fast as it is...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    They need to include a way to turn the bonus off.

Hell, they need a way to turn it down.

Leveling happens entirely too fast as it is...
    Because thats what i want in an mmo... spend 4 months lvling. Lvling is for ppl who like lore, and to learn the class gradualy. If anything it should be faster, game starts at 50 and if you dont think so than i assume you are not a radier and "like" lvling alts and spend months in t1/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominix View Post
    1-49 leveling was great (I leveled cleric without xp bonus to 50 in 9 days) but there is no point to repeat same struggle|path 4 times leveling different characters.

Please, leave x2 xp bonus for accounts which already have at least one lvl50 character.
    Erm... no.

Just no...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirantor View Post
    Because thats what i want in an mmo... spend 4 months lvling. Lvling is for ppl who like lore, and to learn the class gradualy. If anything it should be faster, game starts at 50 and if you dont think so than i assume you are not a radier and "like" lvling alts and spend months in t1/2.
    So instead of spending 4 months doing different things...

...you'd rather spend 4 months doing the same thing.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

It's already easy as crap to get a character to 50. Why make it any easier? Likes like saying "Man this test is easy! I'm getting all the questions right!" Then saying "But I think it should be easier."
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

raids are the same as t1/t2, just dungeons with the difference that more ppl shout at each other. MMOs need long lvling times to train ppl, because not everyone has years/decades of MMOs behind him.

Why do so many people who play games refer to doing activities in the game as a "struggle" or as "work"?

Just curious if they know they should be enjoying their time, and if playing is such a burden, maybe they need to find a different hobby...
    FYI: Your game experience is not the same as everyone else's, especially mine, stop trying to make the game all about you, and think about the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    So instead of spending 4 months doing different things...

...you'd rather spend 4 months doing the same thing.
    Four months?

If it took you four months to level four alts it wold be taking you a long time. You just finished saying you went from 1-50 in nine days, so where did you pull four months from?
    Last edited by Landru; 09-07-2011 at 04:06 AM.
    I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Rift Disciple

No, I did it the "hard" way (leveling is too easy as it is), you should too.
    Last edited by Prokofiova; 09-07-2011 at 04:31 AM.

No, I got an alt to 50 with bonus and missed out on much.
    Hoss

Rift Disciple

In just over 6 months i had 8 50s, 6 are raid ready, 2 are HK ready. I also had 183 additional level 10-20 characters, 26 guilds with at least 1, typically 2 bank vaults, not to mention hundreds of achievements on every character. Every profession maxed, with every single vendor sold recipe and every boe recipe, and most of the bop recipes.

While accomplishing this i also work full time, have a family, and am involved in our local cub scout pack which both of my sons are members.

Some people are just efficient. Not all, not even most, but some. The rest of the world want to ENJOY their game. They find little fun in trying to min-max to top level and get world and shard firsts on cutting edge buggy raid content. For us it's the destination, but we're the underwhelming minority here. They want the journey. Absolutely no reason they shouldn't have it. We'll still get to 50 a lot faster than anyone else will, and they (and all of our alts as well) get to actually enjoy the process of exploring and questing for once.

I didn't actually read any of the quests i did until my third character.
    Last edited by yoshirawr; 09-07-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Ascendant

Seriously no !!! ... I have 22 chars and many at cap and I play the game to quest and level. My journey with a Rogue and Mage over the bonus period was ruined as I got to 47 in a blink of an eye. I have another four started 4 days ago and they sadly are already in the range 12-17. The XP is fine for a bonus couple of weeks but for like ever.. no thanks. Prior to the bonus reward it took less than two weeks casual to level a char. There has never been a game that is so easy to level. The bonus reward is particularly bad for those that do enjoy crafting and completing quests cus this involves mob killing on a grand scale which is where the bonus is ramped.

I will be glad when we are back to normal so I can avoid getting to 50 in a week, which is all its taking at the moment.

If you find levelling a struggle I would suggest you are doing it all wrong.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhal View Post
    Seriously no !!! ... I have 22 chars and many at cap and I play the game to quest and level. My journey with a Rogue and Mage over the bonus period was ruined as I got to 47 in a blink of an eye. I have another four started 4 days ago and they sadly are already in the range 12-17. The XP is fine for a bonus couple of weeks but for like ever.. no thanks. Prior to the bonus reward it took less than two weeks casual to level a char. There has never been a game that is so easy to level. The bonus reward is particularly bad for those that do enjoy crafting and completing quests cus this involves mob killing on a grand scale which is where the bonus is ramped.

I will be glad when we are back to normal so I can avoid getting to 50 in a week, which is all its taking at the moment.

If you find levelling a struggle I would suggest you are doing it all wrong.

Say it with me:

Hi, my name is _____, and i'm an altoholic.

Ascendant

Because thats what i want in an mmo... spend 4 months lvling. Lvling is for ppl who like lore, and to learn the class gradualy. If anything it should be faster, END game starts at 50 and if you dont think so than i assume you are not a radier and "like" lvling alts and spend months in t1/2.
    Red, underlinded, bolded text added by me. I fixed it for you. End game starts at 50. The game it self begins at level 1. If you like raiding and the persuit of BiS gear, your favorite part of the game, and the part that matters to you, begins at 50 (though, I'd say, it begins a lot earlier than that, since you are gearing up for t1 positions all the way up to level 50)

If you are interested in the stories and history of Telara, the way different classes and souls work together, crafting, exploring, and almost everything else about MMO's that does not fall into the Raiding heading, your game starts at 1.

I feel sorry for those people who rush through much of the game to get to their favorite parts. But it is their favorite for personal reasons, so I suppose I shouldn't feel all that bad.
    Last edited by Milyssa; 09-07-2011 at 04:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast