+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Time to add a 'Prevent Inspect' option

Default Time to add a 'Prevent Inspect' option

I was surprised when I started playing Rift at the number of people who inspected my gear and casually referred to it with comments ranging from 'Your gear is crap mate' to 'Where did you get that bow?'. I find those people rude and insecure, to say the least. Coming from Everquest (where most people disable inspect), I rarely inspect anyone, save maybe when we take wipes and I wanna make sure the tank/healer is properly equipped.

I hear you can even inspect the other side (meaning Defiants or Guardians) before deciding whether you want to attack them or not.

So please add a 'Disable Inspect' option for those of us who want to keep their hard-earned gear private, or make it so that only wardrobe sets show to nosy folks.

You cant inspect the other team (In warfronts anyway).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by CRCSUX View Post
    You cant inspect the other team (In warfronts anyway).

Cant at all IIRC

Telaran

terrible idea. everyone with **** gear will disable inspect while telling raid leaders they have the correct hit, etc.

Beneaththemire@Dayblind
    Soliloquy@Dayblind

Quote Originally Posted by mire` View Post
    terrible idea. everyone with **** gear will disable inspect while telling raid leaders they have the correct hit, etc.
    So you'd have to judge them on their actual performance as opposed to what you "think" they might do?
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aastarius View Post
    So you'd have to judge them on their actual performance as opposed to what you "think" they might do?
    that is completely irrelevant, the HIT requirement for PvE is 100% necessary. it determines if you're going to be useful DPS or a wasted slot in the raid.

Beneaththemire@Dayblind
    Soliloquy@Dayblind

aux

I like that everybody can be inspected. Keeps people honest.
    I'm so BORED

Quote Originally Posted by mire` View Post
    I didn't suggest that Inspect should be cancelled altogether. I suggested it may be turned off by people who don't want to be inspected by the first quidam. You're not vs. more customization options, are you? Besides, raid leaders could still set their own rules inside their guilds.

As to the importance of hit rating and the like, that is what queuing prerequisites are for.

Banned

If their gear is crap it is some indication that this player doesnt know enough on how to get good gear and is probably a bad player.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Litlbigman View Post
    So please add a 'Disable Inspect' option for those of us who want to keep their hard-earned gear private, or make it so that only wardrobe sets show to nosy folks.
    No .

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    If their gear is crap it is some indication that this player doesnt know enough on how to get good gear and is probably a bad player.
    Or simply that they are working on getting better gear ;)

You can't be a very good player yourself if you don't know that gear and skill don't necessarily go hand in hand.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kragorn View Post
    No .
    Yes .

I have been victim of not getting lucky on rolls for raiding but I would rather the game put an instance's loot table available for purchase (with tokens, not plat) from instance's quartermaster. With how 10 and 20 man's are currently designed hit/focus are necessary and gear needs to be inspectable. The game already gives info on what your cap needs to be for content so it prevents the gearscore problem that wow had (where players place unrealistic expectations on players gear for lower tier content).

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    I like that everybody can be inspected. Keeps people honest.
    i gotta disagree with that.

no need to openly inspect anyone, the option should indeed be there.

/agree with op 100%

How else are you going to pick out the fail players. Ex. The mage that has AP, PC in thier sigil, lol.

Also there are no entrance requirements other than being 50 for raids, so raid leaders can inspect to see if a player is really ready to raid or not.

This should not be an option it will just waste time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Englshredwolf View Post
    thanks point dexter, ill wait for some more comments from other, less rude people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast