+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I am tired of respeccing

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    Roll an alt. Problem solved.

It amazing me how many people can be so pompous over such a simple non-egotistical thread.

Do I feel like leveling up and Gearing 4 mages?

Nope.
    Pooshonmyshoos - 60 Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Imafkdisbich - 60 Warrior <Damaged PvPness>

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    warrior = tank
    cleric = heals
    rogue = meele dps
    mage = ranged dps

and done....

pick one and stick with it.

Last I check Mage can support and heals too noo?

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh. I forgot you came from one of them games where class customization WASN'T an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooshonmyshoos View Post
    Im sorry you AOE heal with 51 chloro?

You obviously can't maximize your spec sir. Chloro/lock is better aoe heals. So obv no you can't do what I do with 5 because I would out AOE heal you.

And I'm sorry but you use a DOM Chloro build on ALL Fights?

Archon is a better as a 0 spec or even points in archon (replacing with dom) to get extra Int/Wis out of pillaging stone which means more healing power, or spend the points in warlock for Oppertunity for extra tank burst HPS.

So no, you can't do what I do with "5" builds because there better.
    im sure he can. i just have this tickly feeling in my stomach that says youre incompetent. maybe i ate something bad.

The flow of the design is to only play 5 specs max?

Are you stupid?

I trust my teammates to play any spec possible.

Bet you never though of a Pyro/Lock/Chloro for Pluto crystals?

Jelly? Sorry I felt like doing something different in a fight that I am good at.
    the flow of the design is not one single person is supposed to be able to cover the broad spectrum of variations in each boss fight. it should take a whole team cooperating to achieve team related goals.

something tells me you dont even consider your team for anything. im using 2 specs. one is for PvE DPS and world farming purposes, and one is for PvP healing. i cant even think of anything else id need to respec for. what i dont have my other teammates usually can cover.

Last I check Mage can support and heals too noo?

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh. I forgot you came from one of them games where class customization WASN'T an option.
    Sorry? Who is actually the pompous one here?

You have 5 slots. Use them wisely and stop whining.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Im sorry you AOE heal with 51 chloro?

You obviously can't maximize your spec sir. Chloro/lock is better aoe heals. So obv no you can't do what I do with 5 because I would out AOE heal you.

And I'm sorry but you use a DOM Chloro build on ALL Fights?

Archon is a better as a 0 spec or even points in archon (replacing with dom) to get extra Int/Wis out of pillaging stone which means more healing power, or spend the points in warlock for Oppertunity for extra tank burst HPS.

So no, you can't do what I do with "5" builds because there better.
    I'm sorry, but I can AoE heal just fine with 51p Chloro. Chloro/Lock may be slightly better, but when you're playing with a good group you don't actually need it. I swap LBV to LGV and swap to spamming VS instead of VL. Works great, you should try it sometime.

Yes, I use DOM on every fight. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...dIuqAIkRR.Mcid to be more specific. 10% more Int all the time plus a threat wiper, plus a spell reflect, plus AoE silence for some trash, not to mention a cleanse that removes everything and Charged Shield which may not do a whole lot but it's there.

Opportunity is great, but it's RNG. I'd prefer having both the 10% more Int from Dom all the time as well as having all the bonus from 0p Archon. If you're only way of handling burst is by hoping you get a random Opp proc then you are horrible. Never rely on something that may/may not happen to prevent a wipe.
    Last edited by Artorous; 09-05-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    im sure he can. i just have this tickly feeling in my stomach that says youre incompetent. maybe i ate something bad.

I never said he couldn't. But Chloro/Lock is better. Done.

the flow of the design is not one single person is supposed to be able to cover the broad spectrum of variations in each boss fight. it should take a whole team cooperating to achieve team related goals.

something tells me you dont even consider your team for anything. im using 2 specs. one is for PvE DPS and world farming purposes, and one is for PvP healing. i cant even think of anything else id need to respec for. what i dont have my other teammates usually can cover.
    And no, your right I am not considering my team.

If we have 4 mages in a raid for instance that can play Archon, and I am usually the archon, and then for the next raid me and somebody else want to switch because were bored and also good at another spec, then why should we have to respec?

And as for raids there are multiple PVE DpS specs that work better for different bosses. So why should I have to respec into Spec A for boss A then have to respec to Spec b for Boss B?

Champion

It amazing me how many people can be so pompous over such a simple non-egotistical thread.

Do I feel like leveling up and Gearing 4 mages?

Nope.
    I don't know for sure, but maybe someone at Trion actually knew what they were doing. You get 5 roles, so either respec until you are broke, or roll an alt and keep the lower level zones a bit more populated with veterans to help the new players. Although to be honest I think we can all agree that giving you 20 roles to keep you away from the new players might not be a bad idea.

Edit: I am in favor of one or two more, possibly, but I'd want them to keep the same pricing trend. That would make the sixth role cost something like 525 plat.
    Last edited by Jaelon; 09-05-2011 at 07:18 PM.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

If we have 4 mages in a raid for instance that can play Archon, and I am usually the archon, and then for the next raid me and somebody else want to switch because were bored and also good at another spec, then why should we have to respec?

And as for raids there are multiple PVE DpS specs that work better for different bosses. So why should I have to respec into Spec A for boss A then have to respec to Spec b for Boss B?
    You have 5 specs. You don't need more than 5 specs. If you get bored with one then swap it out, but don't QQ on the forums because you want more for those times when you're just bored and don't feel like spending 50g to respec the role you're bored with.
    Definition of Generally
    Without reference to or disregarding particular persons, things, situations, etc., that may be an exception.

me and somebody else want to switch
    apparently you should have to cuz you want to.

lol, I thought I was crazy for needing 6-7 O_O
    Hoss

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Artorous View Post
    I'm sorry, but I can AoE heal just fine with 51p Chloro. Chloro/Lock may be slightly better, but when you're playing with a good group you don't actually need it. I swap LBV to LGV and swap to spamming VS instead of VL. Works great, you should try it sometime.

Never said it didn't work great. You think I don't it your wrong. IE: On Anrak the foul I tank heal and during AOE I cast LGV aoe heal, and then when its done its just enough time to cast Synth back on the tank. And if you are playing with a good group then everything should be optimized, so as for your previous posts about agreeing with the guy about "teams" then I would say that is a contradiction.

Yes, I use DOM on every fight. http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...dIuqAIkRR.Mcid to be more specific. 10% more Int all the time plus a threat wiper, plus a spell reflect, plus AoE silence for some trash, not to mention a cleanse that removes everything and Charged Shield which may not do a whole lot but it's there.

the 10% Int is the ONLY thing that benefits you from being a 51 Chloro/Dom. If you need mana wrench, you suck because chloro needs no mana and mobs don't have mana, and if you need a threat wiper your tank sucks. Once again, sure it can work

However.

I HIGHLY doubt 10% INT is better than having more charge generated from choro for using entropic viel from Chloro for 20% more damage which means much much more healing. Sure it "can't be up all the time" But that's why you make use of it. IE: On pluto when you get aoed, pop it, aoe heal, top off, shut it off.

Opportunity is great, but it's RNG. I'd prefer having both the 10% more Int from Dom all the time as well as having all the bonus from 0p Dom. If you're only way of handling burst is by hoping you get a random Opp proc then you are horrible. Never rely on something that may/may not happen to prevent a wipe.
    I don't see why this turned into a thread about which spec is better. But sir you are in contradiction about yourself and the guy you agreed with if you think your specs are "teamwork"

I am tired of respeccing:

then dont, simple.
    roll an alt take's two weeks, geared what 2 months?
    If you are spending that kind of plat on respeccing you can spend it on new gear.

Or

Pick the slots available and play those specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.

I don't see why this turned into a thread about which spec is better. But sir you are in contradiction about yourself and the guy you agreed with if you think your specs are "teamwork"
    It turned into a which spec is better because you seem to need 20 specs to do what I can do with just 5. You don't know how to play well so you have countless specs for countless fights when they aren't needed.

20% more charge isn't needed. After 1 NT > VL > VL rotation I activate EV. It lasts long enough as it is. I don't need Mana Wrench but I like having Archon as a 0 pointer in case I want to swap it out with AM for BF therefor I use the leftover points as fluff points. You're right, I don't actually ever need to use Memory Wipe when running with my guild, but when I pug healed T2's sometimes the tank lost agro to a DPS so I got to Wipe them thus preventing a death. Neet how that works right, this spec works in T1's, T2's, and Raids! WTF!!!!

There are other players in a raid group. You should have a preset role to fill, any smart raid leader will do that that way it prevents that ole respec thing from happening.

You have a LOT of useless specs that I bet you use for 1 fight. You want Trion to add more roles so you don't have to respec for that 1 fight and instead can just make as many builds as you could possibly come up with, even though they aren't going to be used often, if at all. Instead you could consolidate your specs to fit multiple scenarios instead of having multipe specs for single uses. But hey that takes to much work.
    Definition of Generally

Both of my characters only have 3 roles

I only really use 2 of each though. You jelly?
    Freyn likes boys in hotpants.

Rapsodia - p6 Stromcooler. I'm in ur warfrunts, hittin u for faive thousandz

I'm jelly of your avatar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast