+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Make Planarite Account-Bound

  1. #1
    Soulwalker Seneschal99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default Make Planarite Account-Bound

    For us alt-aholics out there. I understand we have the planar vouchers in effect, but that will only get you so far, and it's completely dependent on how many of the blue/purple planar currencies you have. I'd love to be able to grab a Sigil of the Five straight out of the gate on a fresh character by mailing regular planarite to my other toons.
    MMO Junkie since 2004. FFXI|WoW|Rift

  2. #2
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seneschal99 View Post
    For us alt-aholics out there. I understand we have the planar vouchers in effect, but that will only get you so far, and it's completely dependent on how many of the blue/purple planar currencies you have. I'd love to be able to grab a Sigil of the Five straight out of the gate on a fresh character by mailing regular planarite to my other toons.
    Didn't you grab a boat load of water sigils when the water event was on?

    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seneschal99 View Post
    For us alt-aholics out there. I understand we have the planar vouchers in effect, but that will only get you so far, and it's completely dependent on how many of the blue/purple planar currencies you have. I'd love to be able to grab a Sigil of the Five straight out of the gate on a fresh character by mailing regular planarite to my other toons.
    You should have bought a Barnicle encrusted sigil of the five, they are account bound and can be transfered around your alts, and is equipable so long as your char meets the level for the lessers/greaters.

    I would say planarite doesnt need to be transfered based on your oppening sugestion, but thats not to say it shouldnt be made transferable as a currency, even if the plaanarite had to be converetd into a plaque, and had a purchase to exchange loss, i.e. costs 500 planarite, rewards 350 planarite. (this is obviously equivilent to the current exchange fee for plagues)

    "I don't heal bads.."
    Optical, Cleric of The Enclave.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optical View Post
    You should have bought a Barnicle encrusted sigil of the five, they are account bound and can be transfered around your alts, and is equipable so long as your char meets the level for the lessers/greaters.

    I would say planarite doesnt need to be transfered based on your oppening sugestion, but thats not to say it shouldnt be made transferable as a currency, even if the plaanarite had to be converetd into a plaque, and had a purchase to exchange loss, i.e. costs 500 planarite, rewards 350 planarite. (this is obviously equivilent to the current exchange fee for plagues)
    OP did touch on the tokens which are already in game, but which require a stone.

    Tbh, there isn't an awful lot of use for the amount of blue stones we get so I find them a handy way of transferring the planarite, even though it's 1 stone + 500 pl = 250 pl. I used to plough it into blue augs, but they have become redundant. The token system gave me a use for the planarite and the blue stones, but now all alts have planarite coming out of their ears and hundreds of tokens of blue and purple stones ready also for when/if they need them.

    I now get rid of planarite by always stocking up on 3 charges every time I pass, upgrade every WS I see and use ascended powers for the hell of it.

    TL : DR
    There is already a BtA system which uses both planarite and stones, we will all end up with too much of everything in no time as it is.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 09-02-2011 at 04:49 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts