+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Delete all forums please

Default Delete all forums please

Since you guys think 500 people complaining about something represents the 1 million+ subscribers you have and keep making serious game changing changes based on that, just remove the forums please.

Thanks.

I cuncur with Shush! Do away with the shenanigans on the forums to ease the confusion of our poor Devs!! Wait....what will I do all day while I'm at work?? omg, noooo, that would make for an unpleasant and annoying work environment! Which I would be forced to quit working in, which would then make my dear, sweet, loving husband divorce me for having to be around each other all day every day (since he works from home)....SEE what you've done Shhhh? *cry* *runs away*

Telaran

And then how will the devs listen to any part of the community? The forums are a needed space, if people don't like what's going on in the game then they should get off the game and onto the forums to protest these "500 people".

Just because X amount of people go the on forums to voice their opinions (and sometimes get what they want) doesn't mean that the X amount of people who don't surf the forums can't voice their opinions on changes.

The forums are fine. Quit being lazy and start telling Trion what you don't like/would like to see.

#SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Magabury View Post
    And then how will the devs listen to any part of the community?
    They need to get in game and TALK with the community. Log on incognito, join a guild, talk in 50 chat, what ever. They just need to talk with the player base who are actually playing the game.

There are atleast 10 people on these forums I know who say they hate the game and when their sub ends they are leaving, but then when someone mentions a problem they are the first to jump on the bandwagon and say "this is why Rift sucks".
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Shhhh View Post
    Since you guys think 500 people complaining about something represents the 1 million+ subscribers you have and keep making serious game changing changes based on that, just remove the forums please.

Thanks.
    you clearly didnt think of the outcome of this idea.

how would people that arent complaining, send feedback?

Unfortunately in every forum I have ever been a part of you have the "minority" who say they hate the game, complain about everything, say they will unsub, yet 6 months later are still saying the exact same thing.

The forums are a useful tool, but by no means the only one available to receive feedback, it would be a simple thing for an email to be sent to all subscribers asking for 5 things they like about the game, 5 things they would change about the game, 5 things they would like to see improved and 5 things they would like to see added.

Sifting through the replies would obviously be time consuming and costly, but it would most likely give Trion a better overview of what it is that makes people play, and what it would take to make people stay. You would obviously get some trolling replies... much the same as you do here, well trion could discount those in seconds as they to be honest.. "LEAP OUT" any constructive criticism could be tallied and taken on board.

If Trion only took on board or gave feedback on the top 10 improvements/additions that will be a great step forward.

People who actually care about the state of the game would respond...

Dont delete the forums as the discussions about classes/soul combos are informative

Ascendant

I think the devs are doing a wonderful job and while you guys may think they cave, I think they really look at the complaints and find good ways to solve the problems. Yay now I get to be ridiculed and called a fanboi.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Magabury View Post
    And then how will the devs listen to any part of the community?
    The only way they do anyway.

Facebook ofc.

You can't expect a safe official forum to be the media to communicate when there are disease ridden 3rd party social engineering sites to use.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 09-13-2011 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

+ Reply to Thread