+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why same look on gear always?

Soulwalker

Default Why same look on gear always?

Hello:

Would be nice if u think a bit, just a bit, and change look on some gear... for example, wondering why:

1. R5-6 PvP gear have the same look than R7-8.

2. Raid2 Drop Rogue Set have same look (the white one) than T2 Dungeon.... OMG!

Thanks...

Some official answer would be nice too...

Shadowlander

Thumbs down

T1 same skin than T2

T3 same skin than T4, ho hell no sorry, they have change the color OMG

Only 2 uniques skins in the entier game in 5/10/20 man content (T3/T4 gear u buy with ascended marks) Everything else is recycled. - It sucks...

Rift has good grapgics, unexploited it sucks ...
    Last edited by Trillsiker; 09-01-2011 at 12:50 AM.

Plane Touched

Default Another reason wow lasted.

That's what was so cool about WOW. If you saw a guy with a flaming shield and weapon spitting fire you knew that guy was not a level 20 player. Most all games have failed to make higher level gear stand out and actually look awesome. Even blue dungeon gear and purples in wow at lower levels would stand out and you know that dude was not in green garbage. Don't know if it's just amazing programmers at blizzard or what but most every other mmo i've played the gear is just blah.

Quote Originally Posted by shylope View Post
    That's what was so cool about WOW. If you saw a guy with a flaming shield and weapon spitting fire you knew that guy was not a level 20 player. Most all games have failed to make higher level gear stand out and actually look awesome. Even blue dungeon gear and purples in wow at lower levels would stand out and you know that dude was not in green garbage. Don't know if it's just amazing programmers at blizzard or what but most every other mmo i've played the gear is just blah.
    Transmogrification will now change that .. im tickled about that too! ^^

back to Rift however, anything epic quality..anything should look more visually appealing i agree. too many copies of gear and tbh most quite drab and frumpy @@ (personal opinion...but an opinion none the less)

i say all gear needs a revamp from greens to blue to epic. its the entire style that doesnt really do it for me ;;
    a few pieces like the current ones are fine but overall im not happy with the entire gear look at all, of any type.

costumes are even worse ...some of those helmets are unbelieveably hideous. "fun" ones to exaggerate are ok as is, but those type being the majority is just not good imo.

i hope they do a drastic change to gear appearance/coloring one day.

Soulwalker

why should we "hope"... every gamer know how importat is the look on gear...

+ Reply to Thread