+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make the /who command actually work

Rift Master

Default Make the /who command actually work

When you do a /who <name> on someone, it should return their name, level, calling, zone, and guild - always, period.

If people want to be anon or dnd, they can type /quit, /camp, /exit, because in a massively multiplayer social online game, nobody should be hiding.

You can get some useful information using search via social panel, but it's a hassle compared to simply typing /who <name>.

It's pitiful that in one of the more recent MMORPGs, the functionality of the /who command is less than in every other MMORPG that's ever been created (ok, maybe not all, since I haven't tried all, but since EQLive I've never seen a less useful and more pathetic implimentation of the /who command).

Quote Originally Posted by Voqar View Post
    When you do a /who <name> on someone, it should return their name, level, calling, zone, and guild - always, period.

If people want to be anon or dnd, they can type /quit, /camp, /exit, because in a massively multiplayer social online game, nobody should be hiding.

You can get some useful information using search via social panel, but it's a hassle compared to simply typing /who <name>.

It's pitiful that in one of the more recent MMORPGs, the functionality of the /who command is less than in every other MMORPG that's ever been created (ok, maybe not all, since I haven't tried all, but since EQLive I've never seen a less useful and more pathetic implimentation of the /who command).
    I would like if the game worked correctly, but I don't have a problem with /anon. If someone is anon, I simply wouldn't invite them to my group until I could see what they were.
    Triumvirate Guild (Alsbeth): http://www.xabis.com/dkp/
    Interested in being the best, equipping our players, building community, and having fun.

+ Reply to Thread