+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Zoam
  • 1 Post By TheDoos

Thread: 3D Vision Progression

Rift Master

Default 3D Vision Progression

Hello Trion!

I've spoke with nvidia regarding this issue, with rifts 3D vision profile rating being "Not recommended" - Which indeed, upon trying... some bits work great, but the left and right side of the screens start to artifact. Some changes need to be made, Nvidia said they're working with you on this, Please move along and get it sorted a bit quicker. 3D is big across the globe now, add the "Excellent" rating to your game can only boost sales and customer satisfaction.

Thanks for reading my suggestion!

Ascendant

3D is crap. Its just another fad, the sooner it goes away the better.

Isn't that pretty niche?
    Grim Yollidan the Insomniac, Blightweald EU
    WARNING! Treating my posts too seriously is not advised. Reading may cause headaches, anger, disbelief and nausea. If you find yourself in any of these conditions, please consult your psychotherapist... or your mom. Also cry a river and use a steamboat to cross it. You have been warned!

Telaran

Let the game maintain 30fps In huge raids then ask them to fix 3d vision.

With 3d vision on there will be twice the load on your Gpu but since the engine itself cant handle normal raids.... forget it..

And btw my pc Is capable of running both so np's on my side.
    Last edited by TheDoos; 08-30-2011 at 05:00 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator GameByNight's Avatar

The fix should be quick. It's a simple matter of the nVidia profile loading up the wrong settings -- ones fora game that came out many years ago, as a matter of fact. I know this because I used a work around from beta up until patch 1.2 that no longer works. It involved changing the exe name to something other than rift.exe (which the other game used) and directing the launcher to it; this would prevent the wrong profile from being loaded and, indeed, load the game with only default settings which are way, WAY better than what works now. Except these days if you re-direct the launcher, it just patches itself back to stock settings.

The game looks GREAT in 3D. Whoever made it so you couldn't rename the .exe should really fix it. I would be willing to bet it'd take someone a few minutes, tops. It took less than 5 minutes to apply the workaround in the first place.

Rift Master

Sorry for the late reply all, my answers below.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    3D is crap. Its just another fad, the sooner it goes away the better.
    I'm assuming you don't have 3D, that's fine. However why get in the way of people who use it? It's not a fad, it's a very big industry now. Surely you see a lot of films coming out in the cinema "Film Title" 3D all the time. 3D has been an up and coming technology for years now, 2010/11 has been the major up bringing of this technology. It's not a fad, and sir... it will not be going away.

Quote Originally Posted by Yolen View Post
    Isn't that pretty niche?
    It once was, but now it's very affordable in the household home and cinemas have 3D movies showing all the time because producers and directors know it's a big market to tap into now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoos View Post
    Let the game maintain 30fps In huge raids then ask them to fix 3d vision.

With 3d vision on there will be twice the load on your Gpu but since the engine itself cant handle normal raids.... forget it..

And btw my pc Is capable of running both so np's on my side.
    Instanced raids I have no problem maintaining 50-70fps (your eye cant see the difference between 60fps or higher). Invasions in stillmoor etc, yes I do have a lot of lag due to the sheer amount of 100s of people about. - Btw this game can run in 3D, it's just the profile needs tweaking and some slight adjustments and it will work fine without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by GameByNight View Post
    The fix should be quick. It's a simple matter of the nVidia profile loading up the wrong settings -- ones fora game that came out many years ago, as a matter of fact. I know this because I used a work around from beta up until patch 1.2 that no longer works. It involved changing the exe name to something other than rift.exe (which the other game used) and directing the launcher to it; this would prevent the wrong profile from being loaded and, indeed, load the game with only default settings which are way, WAY better than what works now. Except these days if you re-direct the launcher, it just patches itself back to stock settings.

The game looks GREAT in 3D. Whoever made it so you couldn't rename the .exe should really fix it. I would be willing to bet it'd take someone a few minutes, tops. It took less than 5 minutes to apply the workaround in the first place.
    I agree, Trion really should cooperate with nvidia to get this looming issue sorted. It will only enhance the game, I see no down sides. Trion may not have the man power as Blizzard, but please put effort in to get 3D fixed.

Soulwalker

Default Any updates for 3D support?

Is there any expectation as to when this problem could be resolved? All my games work great in 3D these days except for RIFT due to this profile issue.

I'm running a 27" Acer 3D monitor and the immersion with gaming in 3D is incredible. It would be nice to see RIFT get support because I don't enjoy playing it anymore since its the only game I have to play in 2D.

As far as the comment about low FPS in large raids, that is usually not related to video hardware (unless someone has a very old video card). Its more related to CPU power. Upgrading your CPU to a modern quad core should help alot with that problem.

Soulwalker

Default 3D Vision support

I too would love to see them fix the few remaining issues with the client for Rift. The UI should have the convergence on the 2d plane (and the mouse should match the 3d depth rendering - unless of course it's on the UI windows and action bars) I've been playing in 2d hoping someday soon to play in 3d as what I have seen is beautiful eye candy as intended - yet unplayable due to objects rendering on inappropriate fields. Trion - hop on this while your in the mindset to fix bugs and making the best mmo out there.

Soulwalker

I rebuilt my system about 6 weeks ago, updgraded to Nvidia 3D and have been playing around with some of the F2P MMOs and honestly Rift isn't that bad, a couple glitches but very playable.

3D is certainly a niche but it really adds to games, it isn't like the over the top bullets flying at your face you see in 3D movies, it gives things depth and a fullness. I compare running in 2D vs. 3D like running a game with no AA, Shadows, Bloom, thing look good but not great.

So far the only annoyance I have found with 3D and Rift is the mouse pointer being slightly misaligned over 2D Menus. The artifacting that was mentioned in the thread is very minor and barely noticeable.

+ Reply to Thread